Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

I should be getting it by mid next week.

yesasia.com has it the cheapest, but their shipping is slow.

[quote name='Parathod']I should be getting it by mid next week.

yesasia.com has it the cheapest, but their shipping is slow.[/QUOTE]

Where do they ship from?

Never played Gitaroo Man, but I plan on importing this title once I get some cash to do it.

I want Jump, but it seems to be a little texty. And Electroplankton and Daigasso have good chances for Us, or at least better than Ouendan. So, yeah.

Hmmm, I may have to run around NYC to find a copy tomorrow. Just watched a video off IGN and it definitely seems right up my alley.

I'm gonna wait on this one, see if it gets announced for the US. Gitaroo Man made it over here somehow, and Electroplankton is coming, so I don't see why this one wouldn't.

I've read chances are very slim of a US release, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt to wait :) (I think it is very popular there so it will not be discontinued). I'm just impatient and too antsy to wait for some of the great DS releases coming to the US (finally Advance Wars this month woohoo)

I'd say Jump Superstars has a better chance. The music is licensed and Japanese is written directly into the artwork. Also it's only been out for 2 weeks and it's barely still in the Top 50.

[quote name='alongx']I'm gonna wait on this one, see if it gets announced for the US. Gitaroo Man made it over here somehow, and Electroplankton is coming, so I don't see why this one wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Counterpoint: Berserk. Damn you Sammy, Damn you to hell. Give me my Berserk!

I'm importing it soon, does anyone know what the best importer is? Lik Sang, Play Asia, Yes Asia?

Which one has the best shipping is the biggest issue. =3

I'm porbably getting this and Jump Superstars. I'm gonna pass on Daigasso and wait for Electroplankton's US release.

I've been anxiously trying to decide if I should go ahead and get it, or wait a little bit. Whenever anyone receives their copy, be sure to give us some feedback on what you think of it.

Oh man. Watched some videos of this at IGN, and I am completely sold. Will be importing soon. Who has the best price on this so far?

edit: Nevermind. Order comes to $37 shipped through yesasia with a $5 off coupon.

Yesasia.com ships from San Bruno, thus if you live in the Bay Area, CA, shipping takes a day from there. Now if they need to get the item from Asia, then that's different...

I'm buying it! Game looks fun as hell! I can just imagine playing it on my way to college and watching people looking at me like I'm nuts.

I'm just going to smile back. ^_^

I played a demo of it in Akihabara. It was pretty fun, the graphics were really cute and the music was fucking hilarious. If you're into this quirky tap to the music style game, definitely get it.

[quote name='humidore']Yesasia.com ships from San Bruno, thus if you live in the Bay Area, CA, shipping takes a day from there. Now if they need to get the item from Asia, then that's different...[/QUOTE]
As of right now, it seems like they will need to get the item from Asia. I just placed an order yesterday morning, and it had the same status that Electroplankton did when I ordered (Ships in 7-14 days). Everything I've ordered with that status so far, they've had to get the item from overseas first.
Took a little more than two weeks from the time I placed my order to recieve Electroplankton, so the wait wasn't all that bad.

[quote name='Zingela']Oh man. Watched some videos of this at IGN, and I am completely sold. Will be importing soon. Who has the best price on this so far?

edit: Nevermind. Order comes to $37 shipped through yesasia with a $5 off coupon.

[quote name='WildWop']Counterpoint: Berserk. Damn you Sammy, Damn you to hell. Give me my Berserk![/QUOTE]

That's not a counterpoint. Sammy is not publishing Ouendan, Nintendo is. And they've been bringing out a lot of especially weird stuff, as I pointed out, to the US.

Does anyone know of a good place to get the songs from this game? Much like Gitaroo Man, they're stiking in my head anyways, so I may as well be actually listening to them.

Also, where'd you get that animated gif in your sig, Zingela? The pottery master was one of the first songs to get stuck in my head for extended periods of time.

My friend got all the songs together off BitTorrent. The files are at different bitrates, so I'm guessing someone just looked for all the individual songs and stuck them together. So I would say try to find your favorite songs individually from whatever file sharing program you use. GameFAQs has a couple FAQs that list the names/artists of all the songs.

I swear I read a quick blurb in an EGM that said a US publisher is looking to pic this up, so it could mean they might localize it and bring it here

Still a very slim chance but who knows. I'm willing to wait

[quote name='WildWop']Also, where'd you get that animated gif in your sig, Zingela? The pottery master was one of the first songs to get stuck in my head for extended periods of time.[/QUOTE]

Found a video of it, ripped + looped the animation of it myself. I just HAD to have that part.

The song used in that stage is called Kokoro Odoro, by Nobody Knows. Also used in one of the ending themes to SD Gundam.

[quote name='Zingela']Found a video of it, ripped + looped the animation of it myself. I just HAD to have that part.

The song used in that stage is called Kokoro Odoro, by Nobody Knows. Also used in one of the ending themes to SD Gundam.[/QUOTE]

Impressive. I'd like to do something like that, but not enough that I'd actually go to those lengths to get it. Nice job, though.

[quote name='requiem']I swear I read a quick blurb in an EGM that said a US publisher is looking to pic this up, so it could mean they might localize it and bring it here

Still a very slim chance but who knows. I'm willing to wait[/quote]

I wouldn't hold my breath. The reason Gitaroo Man made the transition is the lack of licensed songs... less development was necessary to localize it. Being that I'd doubt all but the people that already imported Ouendan would buy a localized version with J-Pop music, whoever picks the game up for US distribution would probably have to re-make the game with new songs.

[quote name='Requiem']I swear I read a quick blurb in an EGM that said a US publisher is looking to pic this up, so it could mean they might localize it and bring it here

Still a very slim chance but who knows. I'm willing to wait[/QUOTE]

What WillWop said. Even if it is localized, they would have to change all the music to it(think about people who imported something like Donkey Konga, they get different songs). Also, i dont think the concept of male cheerleaders would be seen as a good marketing scheme in the US at all.

I bought my copy on ebay for 32 shipped, got very lucky with a buy it now 30 bucks with a few bucks shipping. I played the game and really like it, also nice to see that i understand a few things in it after 3 semesters of japanese(not too hard to figure out what to do)

Oh and btw, im pretty sure this is a repost. Back around august/early september before the onslaught of good US releases, almost every other thread was on DS imports, Ouendan was discussed in alot of them.

This is the first game I've ever imported. I saw the gameplay video and decided I was going to get a DS for this game (and Advance War and Fire Emblem: SS). Hopefully it'll get here by next week.

I picked it up yesterday for about $25 US. Another great DS game! I love games that you can just play for as little as 5-20 minutes (perfect subway game) and still get lots of fun out of it.

I'll probably do a liitle review on an a future CAGcast.

Alright we even got Cheapy to give it a try! Although he picked it up for half the price I paid. Lucky bastard gets to live in Japan...

Anyone beaten Very Hard yet? I'm currently stuck on Policemen vs Robots. It seems even when I hit all the notes I still die. I don't know how I'll ever beat the last level.

I've been stuck on Ready Steady Go (last level) in the third difficulty levl for ever. It is IMPOSSIBLE, I tell you.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']How many levels of difficulty are there? I cannot imagine a fourth.[/QUOTE]

There are four difficulty levels. The fourth difficulty level has the hit boxes a bit smaller, and the time frame in which you can get the "hit" in leaves you with little time. Oh, and the hit patterns are ripped from the Hard difficulty except that everything is flipped around, so you're basically learning new steps.

Damnit. I'm STILL stuck on the last level of hard. I can't get through the first segement, and I HIT EVERY NOTE.

Hitting all the notes may still not be enough--you're going to need higher scores on them. Try getting more 300's, sometimes hitting them all but with only, say, 100's and 50's isn't enough to keep your bar up.

Keep trying and you'll eventually beat the last level on Hard. I spent a solid 2 hours playing that level over and over until I had everything memorized. I loved that level. I still go back and play it sometimes since I haven't unlocked it in Very Hard yet. It's hard play Hard once I got use to Very Hard though.

I ordered this last Thursday. I'm hoping (but seriously doubting) it'll be here by early Thursday.

My friend got it for Christmas and it looked like a lot of fun. I can't wait to this out.

First impressions..

this game is AMAZING!

Unfortunately, I suck.. this is one of the best Rhythm games I've ever played, the music is perfect and I'm getting a great laugh out of the story and the cheersquad guys. (It is hysterical how they look so serious when the whole premise is so insane. )

Very impressed and I already feel like it was worth the nearly $60 I spent to import it.

[quote name='botticus']Should I hold my breath on this and/or Jam with the Band ever being localized, or just suck it up and import?[/QUOTE]

I think Daigasso may come over to the States, but I doubt Ouendan ever will. you never know, though.

Although, I found it completely worth the fifty dollars I spent to import.

I've been listening to the songs on the soundtrack lately, and it's strange how I've become used to the drum/whistle sounds within the song... they just don't sound right to me without the drum and whistle sounds! My mind automatically plugs in the extra noises, and gets mildly confused when it doesn't hear them for real.

Perhaps I should take Ouendan out of my DS for a while...

[quote name='botticus']Should I hold my breath on this and/or Jam with the Band ever being localized, or just suck it up and import?[/QUOTE]There's a big thread on gamefaqs about a rumor that Atlus is bringing it over. Who knows if it's true, but it's definately worth the $$ to import. I have an extra copy too if anyone wants to buy it (new/sealed)

bread's done
Back