Elemental Gearbolt Manual (and a lightgun question)

jfunkdpg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Got a copy of Elemental Gearbolt w/ case but without a manual. Does anyone here know where to pick one up?

Also, will PS2 lightguns work with PS1 shooters that use the Namco Guncon? For instance, the Madcatz Blaster says it works with Guncon games on the box, but I didnt want to drop $30 on one and have it not work. I want to be able to play games like EG and the Point Blank games so I need to find a PS2 lightgun that's compatible with them. Does anyone here know which lightguns will work, and if possible point me in the direction of any deals on them?

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Got a copy of Elemental Gearbolt w/ case but without a manual. Does anyone here know where to pick one up?

Also, will PS2 lightguns work with PS1 shooters that use the Namco Guncon? For instance, the Madcatz Blaster says it works with Guncon games on the box, but I didnt want to drop $30 on one and have it not work. I want to be able to play games like EG and the Point Blank games so I need to find a PS2 lightgun that's compatible with them. Does anyone here know which lightguns will work, and if possible point me in the direction of any deals on them?[/QUOTE]

The only guns that will work for PS1 games are the orignal Namco Guncon guns made for the PS1 games, btw Elemental Gearbolt is amazing, as is all the point blanks! But good luck finding some Guncon Guns, took me a long time before I found 2, but you might just get lucky. Check ebgames, or some pawn shops.

I got this game too without the manual. You can order it from Working Designs.
http://www.workingdesigns.com/merchandise/index.html

It's kind of pricey and I have let to call them to see if they still have the option of buying one from them. Please let me know if you do choose to do this option.

I'm also trying to figure out how to get some guns for this game. Will Guncon 2's work for it?

I love how often Working Designs site is updated... sometimes I wonder if they're even in business anymore.:roll: But I still love them for bringing over some niche games.:)

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Will the original Guncon work on PS2's?[/QUOTE]

Yep I still use my Guncon for Playstation1 and haven't had any problems playing GunCon2 games. I've used my GunCon to play Time Crisis II and I just played though Dino Stalkers afew nights ago using my old GunCon.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Yep I still use my Guncon for Playstation1 and haven't had any problems playing GunCon2 games. I've used my GunCon to play Time Crisis II and I just played though Dino Stalkers afew nights ago using my old GunCon.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats good to know, so now if I ever get myself a PS2 I can just use my old guns, thanks!

Hm. How does that work though?

I had Point Blank and an original PSX (PS1, whatever). I'd plug the Guncon's video cord directly into the back of the console because they had actual RCA jacks. But how would you connect it with the PS2? Not only are you stuck with a multi-out, but most people use S-video or component, which wouldn't seem to work with the standard RCA yellow video connection.

Well, Elemental Gearbolt is probably my all time favorite gun game.
I actually let a friend borrow it 3 weeks ago, and he's yet to try it. Jeesh!

Anyways,... I used my new Guncon2 with it, and it worked. Although I prefer the original Guncons feel.
I have an E-Real HDTV gun now,... and as soon as I get the game back, I'm going to try that one out.

As for the manual,... I wish I could help. There are 3 sites, which elude me at the moment, that provide replacements, and I'll post them when I can locate them. All of my favorite links were erased when my PC's HDD failed. :(

If you're looking to complete the game,... I understand completely. If you're looking for just the instructions,... the manual doesn't explain much more than you can figure out. As a matter of fact, I didn't even browse through the manual until a year after I got the game.

I do, however have a second sealed copy, in case my original becomes the product of a 2yo's tantrum,.... but it shall remain sealed otherwise.

Also,... I could make you a copy at work if you'd like, once I get the game back,.... just let me know.
:)

Enjoy the gun game that all others should have aspired to be, but missed.
Not many people know what they're missing,... so embrace the treasure in your hands, and feel honored.

Have fun.

Oh,... to the question above.
Theres a really elusive adapter, that plugs into the av port, with hookups.
The first party cord is super rare.
There are however, 3rd party cords that are readily available.

:O

I love Working Designs....

The best part about living in Redding California is having Working Designs just across town. Hell, my dad was the voice for Zagat in the Sega Saturn game "Magic Knight Rayearth" because he is their postman!

He knows Victor Ireland personally and stuff... I got LUNAR and Elemental Gearbolt for free from them (LUNAR was eventually destroyed because of my brothers, and Elemental Gearbolt is close to it). Yeah, enough of my bragging... sorry.

Well that's good the Guncon 2's work for it! I'll pick up a few games with the gun so I'll have two guns. My girlfriend and I can't wait to play this game together.

Sucks that they are out of manuals. I figured that at the price they charge that they could reprint one right there for ya. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and find the game instore some where. Thanks drone8888 for answering the Guncon 2 question!!

[quote name='diaeresis']I had Point Blank and an original PSX (PS1, whatever). I'd plug the Guncon's video cord directly into the back of the console because they had actual RCA jacks. But how would you connect it with the PS2? Not only are you stuck with a multi-out, but most people use S-video or component, which wouldn't seem to work with the standard RCA yellow video connection.[/QUOTE]

That a good point you mention about the PS2 & the GunCon for PS1. I didn't even think to mention that at all as I have enough slack on the Guncon's video cord to plug it in on the side that goes into the TV.

How do the Guncons plug in? Do they go directly into the PS2 like a controller or do they connect to the tv? I've only got one hookup (the red, yellow & white one, not sure of its name) on the front of my tv (which is currently hooked up to my system selector). Would I be able to use a Guncon?

www.gamerecyclery.com might have the manual. I've ordered from them before, and they are great. If they don't have it, you can send an email telling them what you want, and when/if they get it in, they will send you a reply email; very handy. (I'm too lazy to look and see if they actually have it at the moment, but the site is good, so I'll post it anyway.)

I have EG, and I also love the game. Oh, and I also have an extra Guncon 1 if anybody is interested!

[quote name='jfunkdpg']How do the Guncons plug in? Do they go directly into the PS2 like a controller or do they connect to the tv? I've only got one hookup (the red, yellow & white one, not sure of its name) on the front of my tv (which is currently hooked up to my system selector). Would I be able to use a Guncon?[/QUOTE]

Yep you should be ok that's exactly how I have my GunCon hooked up has I have AV Cables for my PS2 hooked up into a system selector. The GunCon plugs in as a controller & also has an extra cord coming from the controller plugin piece that will have a yellow audio piece that will go monkey in the middle in between your yellow video plugin and the system selector it will be plugged into.

I miss Working Designs games. I've been buying their translations since Lunar 1 (Sega CD) and I've never heard something negative about them. That postman story is cool, it reminds me of when Crossgen comics was in business here in Tampa and how they used to have fans do the voices of their characters on their interactive comics page on their website.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Yep you should be ok that's exactly how I have my GunCon hooked up has I have AV Cables for my PS2 hooked up into a system selector. The GunCon plugs in as a controller & also has an extra cord coming from the controller plugin piece that will have a yellow audio piece that will go monkey in the middle in between your yellow video plugin and the system selector it will be plugged into.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean the yellow audio connection will go in between the yellow video plugin and the system selector. My system selector also uses AV cables and that is what's currently plugged into the front of my tv.

Also, is that for a Guncon 1 or a Guncon 2?

[quote name='jfunkdpg']What do you mean the yellow audio connection will go in between the yellow video plugin and the system selector. My system selector also uses AV cables and that is what's currently plugged into the front of my tv.[/QUOTE]I meant to say yellow video plugin not audio (typo) as in the yellow RCA Jack

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Also, is that for a Guncon 1 or a Guncon 2?[/QUOTE]

GunCon1 but this would work the same with a GunCon2

I don't remember exactly how, but I had S-video cables on my old TV and was able to use my Guncon 1 with Time Crisis 2... maybe just plug it straight into the yellow video port on the TV that corresponds to the same S-video port? My TV is like that.

bread's done
Back