Deal on an SNES AC adapter?

jevon90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well I rebought Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Mario RPG, and Lufia I and II, but now I can't find the AC adapter to my beloved SNES, any ideas where I can get it the cheapest? I tried EBgames.com with no luck and glanced on ebay briefly. Let me know if you have any other good ideas.
Thanks

help1, what does an DC to AC adapter have anything to do with what the OP is asking for? He's asking for the REPLACEMENT AC ADAPTOR for a SNES console.

OP, you should search eBay. Hundreds are listed with buy it now prices between $5-9.00

An NES or Genesis power adapter will also work. I remember I didn't have enough plugs in my power strip to keep all three hooked up so I just plugged one adapter in and plugged the one end into whatever system I was playing.

[quote name='kaw']An NES or Genesis power adapter will also work. I remember I didn't have enough plugs in my power strip to keep all three hooked up so I just plugged one adapter in and plugged the one end into whatever system I was playing.[/QUOTE]

It actually won't work. The SNES has a different plug then the NES, and in fact runs on a different voltage (9V as opposed to 10V, but these consoles are also known to be somewhat flexable on voltage)

Oops sorry. I thought he was talking about a car AC adapter for the SNES.

He's talking about the actualy AC plug. I could have sworn I used my NES one for my SNES when its wire got damaged. I know I used the same gray RF switch at least.

OP, if you somewhat do decide to purchase an "universal" AC adapter at Radio Shack, don't mess with the different voltages or plugs. Several years ago, I changed the voltage on the adapter, my SNES fried, and won't start up anymore. For me, it was a big price to be leared for a lesson because it was the only console I had (this was before the N64 came out, and my parents recently bought me a SNES for my birthday (when it was $99.99 for a bundle at Toys'R'Us.)

alright, thanks guys i ended up checking out ebay and calling some local stores and found a brand new one for $10.96 w/ tax at a local shop so that was nice to get before the weekend officially began. thanks for the input

I am not sure what the voltage is, but I had a broken AC adapter so I went to a local gaming shop and picked up an adapter for $5.00 that wasn't even for the SNES. It just had the same voltage and works like a charm.

bread's done
Back