Cheap Ass Trading posts no longer appear on the front page - OK I take it back!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The Cheap Ass Trading posts will no longer appear on the fron page's Latest Message Board Posts section. Its been discussed before, and I've decided to give it a try. You can vote your opinion here.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal about the "latest message board posts" is. People act like they can't live without those server space sucking monsters.

Everyone is eventually going to enter the forum and look around anyway so I say get rid of them.

For some reason, when I'm at work the 'latest message board posts' doesn't update for hours at a time anyways. I'll see the same posts listed most (if not all) of the day.

I say leave them, but drop the Off-Topic forum posts. I'd rather have it be easy to score a good deal in a trade than get involved in a political flame war.

I think that they can get annoying, such as the BB stuff, but in general I don't think they have a negative effect. Plus I am muych more likely to check out a trade that sparks my interest on the front page then scroll through everything in the trading forums.

i say keep them there, i dont have ass day to browse up and down the cheap ass trade list, if somethins really new, i wanna boot up netscape and see it rite away (since cag is my homepage.)

[quote name='Scrubking']....People act like they can't live without those server space sucking monsters.
[/quote]

We've actually set it up so that the drain on the server is pretty much non-existant. The latest msg board posts are actually updated once a minute. Previously, it was updated everytime a user hit the front page (several times a second).

I may be biased as I have like 40 plus trades here but I say leave it. If people do not want to trade that's fine, but the off topic section is a lot worse for causing flame wars and that off topic about off topic post has become pretty much a front page mainstay and no one complains about that.

i say put them back up. i think it hurts the trading community here, which is a pretty strong one, by having less people see what people are trading.

btw i voted no on the poll accidently, so yeah Xop

Damn there goes the neighborhood. Every other time I've put stuff up for trade I've gotten responses withing 12 ours or less. This time I barely even got any views. Not good, not good.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Damn there goes the neighborhood. Every other time I've put stuff up for trade I've gotten responses withing 12 ours or less. This time I barely even got any views. Not good, not good.[/quote]

exactly my point.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Damn there goes the neighborhood. Every other time I've put stuff up for trade I've gotten responses withing 12 ours or less. This time I barely even got any views. Not good, not good.[/quote]

Just wait...right now, how many of the site's users know that the trading forum has been removed from the front page? Once people realize that it won't show up, they'll enter that part of the forum and browse it that way.

Thank you, CheapyD. :D

i dont think they will because thats extra work, and im not going out of my way to look at peoples trade lists, and im a very active trader.

if this stays youll see that after a week (when trades from before this are being finished) trading on this site will drop drastically, and thats sad because this is a really good trading site

[quote name='punqsux']i dont think they will because thats extra work, and im not going out of my way to look at peoples trade lists, and im a very active trader.

if this stays youll see that after a week (when trades from before this are being finished) trading on this site will drop drastically, and thats sad because this is a really good trading site[/quote]

I feel this needs a bump. punq makes an excellent point.

Off topic rules the front page now and yet no one seems to care about banning it from the front page. I can understand that the best buy lists got out of hand, but like I said earlier that off topic about off topics post sits on the front page constantly and has no point. At least trading is affiliated with gaming in a sense, and I do doubt that I would have over 40 plus trades here (including those who never left feedback) without that being on the front page.

sorry if this seems like a rant, it just seems that people that voted aganist it are biased towards one part of the community. I do not dislike any board we have here, but if we are going to take trading off the front page than I think it should go off the front page as well. I bet we see some votes change then.

And sorry if this seems like I am stepping over the line, but it just seems a little unfair. Most of the people that trade come to this site on a more regular basis and to make them feel like outcasts because they participate in a board others do not is a little wrong. I will abide by whatever happens, I just wanted to voice my opinion.

I was thinking about this last night actually.
I now realize that the traders are a big part of CAG and I certainly don't want to kill off the forum.

I think what I will do is add back the Cheap ass Trading as well as the Auctions forum (at least until the point that it gets to be intrusive) and then we can go from there.

I have high hopes for the Auction forum, most importantly as a resource for CAGs (I've personally found a few good auctions that CAGs have bid on and won) and as source of income for CAG.

[quote name='CheapyD']I was thinking about this last night actually.
I now realize that the traders are a big part of CAG and I certainly don't want to kill off the forum.[/quote]

:applause: :notworth:
seriously...thank you

bread's done
Back