Nintendo GameCube Super Smash Bros. Melee Bundle Ships Today

you know if this came with a second controller for the same price, it would the best gamecube deal to date. its a shame really

I don't know.. the EB Mario Kart bundle I got that included the $15 coupon towards another game was pretty solid (an alternative bundle minus the coupon had a second controller), not to mention the $20(?) rebate if you purchased another game/accessory with it.

Not that I wouldn't be jumping on this SSBM bundle in a heartbeat if I was without a Cube.

[quote name='botticus']I don't know.. the EB Mario Kart bundle I got that included the $15 coupon towards another game was pretty solid (an alternative bundle minus the coupon had a second controller), not to mention the $20(?) rebate if you purchased another game/accessory with it.

Not that I wouldn't be jumping on this SSBM bundle in a heartbeat if I was without a Cube.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28038

EBgames Black Friday 2004 =

Plat. Gamecube with:

*Mario Kart
*$15 Voucher
*Choice of free game up to $29.99

I bought a 2nd Gamecube because of that. Turned the voucher into MGS: The Twin Snakes ($5 out of pocket) and my choice of free game was Zelda: The Four Swords. Wish the Cube was black, but beggars can't be choosers. Overall, Gamecube and 3 new games for $104.99.

Thanks Cheapy... just stopped a customer from buying a Gamecube the other day and told them to wait for the bundle, and told them to check back in a week or so (didn't know what it was coming out).

It works out because Smash Brothers was the one game they wanted to get.

Meh I'd still rather buy one of the 500 used systems that are $50 here. I was hoping for a special edition system...

[quote name='Mac the KNife']SSBM without a second controller? What's the point!?[/QUOTE]

For them to make an automatic $15-$30 more after you buy a second controller.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']How did I not know about this deal? I wish people would buy GameCubes with all these great deals they always have...[/QUOTE]

Being financially strapped at the time (as though that ever changes), that was why I jumped on the Kart bundle last year. I was close to getting an XBox, but getting that Top Spin/NCAAF bundle for $50 more than GC just didn't do it for me. That and all the Mario and Zelda goodness I would be passing up.

i would suggest being very careful with used systems from eb and such.
in my experience they are 1st generation and dont last as long as youd like,
you get what you pay for unfortunately

i have a gamecube and ps2 in my closet to vouch for it :(

I agree with the poster that suggested a Zelda: Twilight Princess bundle. A bundle with a popular, highly sought-after new game like that would spark some real consumer interest. Including an old (but decent) game like Smash Brothers just doesn't raise much excitement.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I agree with the poster that suggested a Zelda: Twilight Princess bundle. A bundle with a popular, highly sought-after new game like that would spark some real consumer interest. Including an old (but decent) game like Smash Brothers just doesn't raise much excitement.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not among the hardcore people, but the casual game buyers just see that it's a bundle (where the other systems don't have one) and it's a game that features many popular Nintendo characters, and it's still the same price as a non bundle GC.

Now the people who have been wanting to try SSBM can get off their ass and get something to play it on.

I talked my friend into getting the Mario Kart bundle last Christmas, then talked her out of Mario Kart in exchange for a Memory Card 251 and Harvest Moon (both sealed).

A Zelda bundle would definitely move systems; I shall be buying Zelda no matter what. I also believe that Nintendo did make a mistake by not including a 2nd controller with this pack. One can get cheap ass wired GC controllers in my area though.

bread's done
Back