Killer 7 w/bonus $29.99 NEW at EBgames!

Mr Durand Pierre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Long time reader, first time posting a dealer; Killer 7 (w/bonus) is $29.99 new at EBgames. com.

Anyone know if this is a glitch, or if it's in-store as well? Because if so, I may just have to go pick this up and save $2 and a weeks worth of shipping.

Links added

GameStop (use coupon code FREESHIPALL for free shipping)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=220230
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280954

EB Games
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256236.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243423.asp

For both systems and the bonus is listed as:
Order and receive a Killer 7 comic book! Bonus item will ship with purchased product, and is only available while supplies last. If you choose In-Store Pickup for this game, please contact the store for bonus item availability.

[quote name='Brak']fuck. I just paid $50 for it last week.[/QUOTE]

Here's what you do. Buy it again at EBgames for $30, and take back the sealed EB copy to wherever you bought the other copy from with the $50 receipt. Problem solved!

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Here's what you do. Buy it again at EBgames for $30, and take back the sealed EB copy to wherever you bought the other copy from with the $50 receipt. Problem solved![/QUOTE]

Either that or they'll just refund you the difference if you bring them your reciept and ask.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Damn, this game must really suck to drop $20 so soon after release[/QUOTE]
No, it's actually incredibly good, just it's a niche game, not a blockbuster. Kinda like Psychonauts.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Damn, this game must really suck to drop $20 so soon after release[/QUOTE]

It could have just sold poorly, causing the drop.

In any case, I'm waiting for it to drop to $20 (or less), and this is a good start. :)

Maybe. Or it might just be a sale. I checked a few other sites this morning and it's still $50 everywhere else, so it may not be a universal price drop, but rather an EB exclusive.

And the cheapest I've seen it on Ebay is $30. So if you buy it now and play through it quick, you could probably make just about all of your money back. I'd love to rent this game, but since no rental places have it, I may just have to resort to buying it, then selling it if I don't care for it.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']It could have just said poorly, causing the drop.

In any case, I'm waiting for it to drop to $20 (or less), and this is a good start. :)[/QUOTE]

Just wait another week, it should be $10 by then

Simply put, it's not a game for everybody. Art is hard.

I'd like to get this game, but $30 is still too much when the only extra you get with it is a comic book. I'd be happy to pay $15-$20 less without the comic book. :D

Thanks. I finally used a $10 voucher that I had. $20 seems about right for this game. I've really wanted to play it and see all of the story, but with the gameplay anything more than $20 just seems wrong.

I'm still a bit indecisive about this as well. It probably won't take long for the used version to drop to $27, so it'd be about $20 a/c. But then again, the used version for the GC has never been in stock, so it could be awhile. Plus i'm not sure if it's a permanent price drop, or a paper mario-esque "unadvertised sale." I should call EB later and find out.

And the comic doesn't interest me much, since I'm willing to bet it's really poorly written (it is a free promo for a video-game after all), but the bonus would deffinitely increase its ebay value, if I decided to sell.

I suppose I'll probably buy it, but then wait a few days to decide if I should open it or not.

Here's a word of advice for those of you who are thinking about buying this game. You are either going to like/love this game or you are going to hate it. I bought the game on release and have played through it once already...the story is intresting if you can piece it together. The gameplay is mediocre at best... nothing special. Keep this in mind when you decide to buy it.

I would say most people should wait until it drops down to ~$20 before taking a shot at it. Unless you know you like this type of a game or think it's a must play I would wait to find it used.

[quote name='kill3r7']Here's a word of advice for those of you who are thinking about buying this game. You are either going to like/love this game or you are going to hate it. I bought the game on release and have played through it once already...the story is intresting if you can piece it together. The gameplay is mediocre at best... nothing special. Keep this in mind when you decide to buy it.

I would say most people should wait until it drops down to ~$20 before taking a shot at it. Unless you know you like this type of a game or think it's a must play I would wait to find it used.[/QUOTE]

the question is...after playing the game, do you regret your username choice? :lol:

I fucking loved it! The game is a total mind trip! Totally worth 30$. I paid 50$ and I don't regret it.

There is no way in hell is the game going to lower in price any more before the end of the year however. The people who are saying that are dreaming.

Just called an EB in North Haven, CT. They still have both in their system as $49.99, suppose it's an online only thing, for now at least

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I fucking loved it! The game is a total mind trip! Totally worth 30$. I paid 50$ and I don't regret it.

There is no way in hell is the game going to lower in price any more before the end of the year however. The people who are saying that are dreaming.[/QUOTE]

care to bet?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']the question is...after playing the game, do you regret your username choice? :lol:[/QUOTE]
:rofl: :lol: :wall: :booty:

I bought the PS2 version on ebay at release for this price because I was too excited to wait for a drop on the GC one... wish I had more patience. The PS2 slowdown and loadtime is pretty awful.

This topic has been discussed to death, but just wanted to reiterate the warning for those trying to decide between the two versions...

[quote name='jerfgoke']I bought the PS2 version on ebay at release for this price because I was too excited to wait for a drop on the GC one... wish I had more patience. The PS2 slowdown and loadtime is pretty awful.

This topic has been discussed to death, but just wanted to reiterate the warning for those trying to decide between the two versions...[/QUOTE]
Actually, I was just going to ask about this. It's an issue that comes up a lot for me since I own both a Gamecube and a PS2. Where does this get discussed to death, because I'm always scrambling for that kind of discussion, especially now with regard to "Killer 7"...

[quote name='jetsetradio21']Just called an EB in North Haven, CT. They still have both in their system as $49.99, suppose it's an online only thing, for now at least[/QUOTE]

That was supposed to be my store!!! :)

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I fucking loved it! ...I paid 50$ and I don't regret it.[/QUOTE]

Anytime you pay the full $50 launch price, you'd better darned well love it to death like there's no tomorrow. :D

Man, sign me up for the "I'm so torn" group. I'm usually a sucker for these bonuses, but the comic book doesn't really transform this into an impulse buy. The trading cards offered by Gamestop? Maybe, but they're still selling K7 for 49.99.

If the bonus were some kind of shiny disc, this would be an entirely different story.

[quote name='LordKensington']Actually, I was just going to ask about this. It's an issue that comes up a lot for me since I own both a Gamecube and a PS2. Where does this get discussed to death, because I'm always scrambling for that kind of discussion, especially now with regard to "Killer 7"...[/QUOTE]
I believe it was these two threads:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57815

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57216

The IGN site also has a video review that discusses their rating difference between the two systems.

[quote name='jetsetradio21']Just called an EB in North Haven, CT. They still have both in their system as $49.99, suppose it's an online only thing, for now at least[/QUOTE]

I bet you could persuade them to change it if you ask "what would stop someone like me from buying it for $50, then ordering it online for $30, then taking the $30 one back with the $50 receipt?"

They may hate you for it, but I doubt they'd turn you down. I mean, it does say on their website that it's their policy to accept in-store returns, so it would be pretty rediculous if they wouldn't match it.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']the question is...after playing the game, do you regret your username choice? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nope it's fine with me. I thought the game would have been better (after playing RE4) but I still dig it.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I bet you could persuade them to change it if you ask "what would stop someone like me from buying it for $50, then ordering it online for $30, then taking the $30 one back with the $50 receipt?"

They may hate you for it, but I doubt they'd turn you down. I mean, it does say on their website that it's their policy to accept in-store returns, so it would be pretty rediculous if they wouldn't match it.[/QUOTE]
I think they would call you an idiot for going through all the trouble of buying the game twice and returning one when you could just buy it online and be done with it. :wall: :rofl: :booty:

I paid $50 and don't regret it one bit. Fantastic game. In my top 5 best games of all time for sure.

Gamepro...although it is gamepro... bashed this game pretty bad... giving it like a 1.5

The reviews across the board have been mixed, so I definetely want to try this game.

But, if it dropped this quick...then definetely wait on this imo. This game is not going to sell out everywhere, and is most likly heading towards the 19.99-14.99-9.99 or less pricing for ebgames in the future... the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future has fortold it.

Anyone know if the gamecube version supports progressive scan? I keep waiting to see it pop up on hdtvarcade.com but I haven't seen it yet.
Thanks

paid $38 for it on launch and can say I got more out of the game than what I paid. Awsome game, but be warned: this game aint for everyone, especially the weak minded.

[quote name='KillerDonkey']Anyone know if the gamecube version supports progressive scan? I keep waiting to see it pop up on hdtvarcade.com but I haven't seen it yet.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

It does not, which is why I haven't bought it yet. If it did I would have bought it on launch day.

http://hdgames.net/

i rented this game and loved it. definitely a hate it or love it game, but you really have to play the game all the way through to appreciate the game. very complex story though. i'm talking like silent hill 2 complex

Tried a rental and loved the game, and now I've ordered it! (I could have waited for a better price eventually, but after today's Zelda TP delay, I need something to console myself...)

Thanks to the OP.

My Eb had it marked 29.99 at the B&M today...

i didnt ask about the comic or whatever..

With a drop this quick I am thinking I should hold out for another...

bread's done
Back