new game boy advance sp + mario golf advance $89.99 @ GameCrazy

Concealed Identity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just thought I'd throw this out there...I saw this at GameCrazy today, and the employee said it wasn't specific to GC as far as he knew (they were packaged together in one box). Does anybody know any other stores or websites that are selling these? They didn't have the color I wanted so I thought I would post it on here and see if people knew anything else about this...

Yes Circuit city has them too
they might not have them tagged or advertised at all
but mine has like 3 or 4 in its warehouse just sitting there

Mario golf is one of the best games for the GBA system IMO, but why are they making all these bundles up at this point? Everybody who was going to get a game boy must have one by now.

[quote name='wageslave']Mario golf is one of the best games for the GBA system IMO, but why are they making all these bundles up at this point? Everybody who was going to get a game boy must have one by now.[/QUOTE]

This is not true, I do not. I am however cheap, and I don't fully understand how such an old system is a "deal" with one game at $90.

Perhaps it's because I've been considering getting a used one for $60 at EB, and am not properly adjusting up for the "new" factor.

[quote name='SlyFrog']This is not true, I do not. I am however cheap, and I don't fully understand how such an old system is a "deal" with one game at $90.

Perhaps it's because I've been considering getting a used one for $60 at EB, and am not properly adjusting up for the "new" factor.[/QUOTE]

yea i'm just finally getting one too. it sucks that it's $80, but i think the reason is that the game boy has always been nintendo's biggest seller and really hasn't gone down in price since (my original '89 gameboy was over $100 and games were $25-30, just like today). i guess what you're paying for is portability and a large game library in a much more compact device than the DS...

i was thinking about getting a used one as well, but the only thing i don't like about that is you never know about the quality of the battery (how used it was and if the previous user took care of it properly). i'm not sure how easy or hard it is to replace the battery, but i think if it were necessary, it would probably cost around the same price as a new one...just something to think about

The 'pack-in' games are only available with the Cobalt SP... Those include Mario and Luigi (Best Buy), Mario Golf (Game Crazy), and a fewothers.

[quote name='gizmogc']The 'pack-in' games are only available with the Cobalt SP... Those include Mario and Luigi (Best Buy), Mario Golf (Game Crazy), and a fewothers.[/QUOTE]

wack ! :bs:

haha what a great smiley. now i'm cheered up

Not to be a crapper...but as many people know Mario Golf for GBA is green tag at TRU making it $17.50 (at least at mine). If you just want the game new that's pretty good.

[quote name='Jeoff']Not to be a crapper...but as many people know Mario Golf for GBA is green tag at TRU making it $17.50 (at least at mine). If you just want the game new that's pretty good.[/QUOTE]

right on, well i didn't know that, so you're actually being the opposite of a crapper, whatever that may be ;)

the guy at gamecrazy actually told me they had it in red at another store, perhaps it didn't come with mario golf after all...

[quote name='Concealed Identity']yea i'm just finally getting one too. it sucks that it's $80, but i think the reason is that the game boy has always been nintendo's biggest seller and really hasn't gone down in price since (my original '89 gameboy was over $100 and games were $25-30, just like today). i guess what you're paying for is portability and a large game library in a much more compact device than the DS...[/QUOTE]
Why on earth would Nintendo drop the prices any lower than they are now? They've got to make a profit on the system; if they sold the Game Boys or the games for less, they'd be hurting themselves.

It's not like they're charging unfair prices, either. It would be nice if the games dropped in price more often (Mario Advance, anyone?), but games tend to go for comparatively fair prices. If I can get a game like Pokémon Red for $20 on sale, that's going to give me much more gameplay than most games would for that money.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Why on earth would Nintendo drop the prices any lower than they are now? They've got to make a profit on the system; if they sold the Game Boys or the games for less, they'd be hurting themselves.

It's not like they're charging unfair prices, either. It would be nice if the games dropped in price more often (Mario Advance, anyone?), but games tend to go for comparatively fair prices. If I can get a game like Pokémon Red for $20 on sale, that's going to give me much more gameplay than most games would for that money.[/QUOTE]

well if you read my post again, you can see that i'm not implying any sort of unfairness; i'm just responding to what another poster said. why on earth would they drop the prices any lower? because they're coming out with a new game boy. and since it is their biggest seller, i don't think lowering the price would be hurting them...plus they really don't need to make a profit on the system; most game companies make a very small profit or actually lose money on each system sale but make it up in the sales of games and accessories (or hope to)...

[quote name='Concealed Identity']well if you read my post again, you can see that i'm not implying any sort of unfairness; i'm just responding to what another poster said. why on earth would they drop the prices any lower? because they're coming out with a new game boy. and since it is their biggest seller, i don't think lowering the price would be hurting them...plus they really don't need to make a profit on the system; most game companies make a very small profit or actually lose money on each system sale but make it up in the sales of games and accessories (or hope to)...[/QUOTE]
Bah. Who's awake enough to actually read and comprehend posts at nine thirty in the morning? ;)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Bah. Who's awake enough to actually read and comprehend posts at nine thirty in the morning? ;)[/QUOTE]

haha, it was 7:15 when I wrote that...it's very possible I dozed off at one point or another while writing it, so don't be alarmed if you see any Freudian allusions to my mother or something like that in my posts at this time of day...

here's an artist's representation of me on my computer at 7:15am:

:drool:

is it only me, or do u guys think that game systems are coming out WAY too expensive? look at the xbox 360 for example, 400 bucks! (besides the 300 buck one, no one will buy) but i believe that these companies are charging way too much. In this case, i think nintendo is only lowering the price cuz look how bad it looks with a home console, the gamecube, being cheaper than a smaller crappier graphic nintendo ds or even sp. Thats just sad.

[quote name='hatim813']is it only me, or do u guys think that game systems are coming out WAY too expensive? look at the xbox 360 for example, 400 bucks! (besides the 300 buck one, no one will buy) but i believe that these companies are charging way too much. In this case, i think nintendo is only lowering the price cuz look how bad it looks with a home console, the gamecube, being cheaper than a smaller crappier graphic nintendo ds or even sp. Thats just sad.[/QUOTE]

yeah i can definitely say that the game boy looks like a bad deal with a $100 gamecube (i guess with smash bros now?) sitting next to it and a $130 ds on the other side, and is a pretty big turn-off...however, I don't need a gamecube (i'm leaving the country for a while in a few months and don't plan on getting a tv), and i'm not really into the feel of the ds or any of the games (barring advance wars ds and elektroplankton)...

the only thing i can see about the xbox being so much is that it's being advertised as more than just a game console...i'm not nearly as up to date on this stuff as the other people on this board, but it seems like it's that much not only so you can get a hard drive on it, but it's supposed to do other stuff than play games...the ps3 is supposed to follow a similar route. of course this raises the question of "is this worth it?" for people that want nothing more than a gaming system...

upon reading an article on the 360, i was annoyed each time i read the prices of each accessorie. For example, they are selling one memory card, or unit w/e, for 40 bucks. Thats insanity. I think the new systems should hold back on the extras. I think the ps2 ideas of a dvd player, online play, and u no, the other basics was enough. Why would u need so much out of a console. Its just microsofts way of showing that they will eventually controll the gaming industry. I got a feeling, sooner or later, theres gonna be a virus sent through all consoles on network. Its all Bill Gates' fault.

bread's done
Back