I just got a $900 TV for $55 after tax!

aaa

CAGiversary!
I am so happy. I have always wanted an HDTV, but I never wanted to spend that much money on a TV. I found out that I had 51,000 points from my Sears credit card, and I was able to trade in 50,000 points for a $750 gift certificate to Sears. I was looking for TVs, and I found this TV to be in my price range:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KV30HS420&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tv_27%22to32%22TVs

This TV retails for $900, but Circuit City had the TV on sale for $810, so I PM the TV at Sears, and get it for $801 after PM and 10% off of the difference. I didn't realize this until I got home, but for some reason the TV only cost $805 after CA tax, because I was only charged tax on the $50 that I had to pay out of pocket. I called the Sears and told them what happened, and the manager that I talked to told me that they made an error, and since I was honest, he didn't make me bring it back! This is the best deal I have gotten, and I can't wait to hook this baby up and play xbox 360 on it in 3 months.

Awesome, man. I've got a flatscreen Sony Trinitron, I love it. The picture's extremely sharp. Enjoy it, it's a wonderful TV.

Great deal.

I also have a Sony Trinitron 16:9 flat HDTV, and it's awesome. Digital cable, Xbox, and DVD on that thing is just awesome... :)

Deal of the Millenia? Then again.... he DID earn those points through OTHER purchases..

You a crazy mofo for shopping at Sears. I think I bought something from there... like once.

[quote name='hoofrog']I have a Sears credit card also, but I have never heard of "points". Care to enlighten a fellow CAG?[/QUOTE]

Same here! What kind of sears card do you have?

Very cool. In the past year I've only gotten 5,000 points on my Amazon Visa in the past year and I use it for almost everything (and pay off the balance each month so they really hate me).

The TV only cost me $55 out of pocket, but I did have to use a free $750 gift card, so technically, not $55. I have had that card for YEARS and I never used any points. I don't shop at Sears too often, but the points add up, and I buy some bigger purchases from them such as my old TVs, washing machienes, etc. I just like Sears since it is local, and the people at Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc just sort of come off as asshats.

[quote name='aaa']The TV only cost me $55 out of pocket, but I did have to use a free $750 gift card, so technically, not $55. I have had that card for YEARS and I never used any points. I don't shop at Sears too often, but the points add up, and I buy some bigger purchases from them such as my old TVs, washing machienes, etc. I just like Sears since it is local, and the people at Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc just sort of come off as asshats.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I have the original sears card (blue color) and I have the sears mastercard (brownish). So which one do you have and did you sign up for any incentives or programs? I ask because I dont see it anywhere where is shows points earned on my statements and I use that card alot to buy tools.

Crap. I waste points on my credit card purchases on useless stuff like savings towards my daughter's college education. Damn u-promise....

[quote name='javeryh']Crap. I waste points on my credit card purchases on useless stuff like savings towards my daughter's college education. Damn u-promise....[/QUOTE]

I didnt know you can do that! Or are you being sacastic? ;)

[quote name='ryosnk']I didnt know you can do that! Or are you being sacastic? ;)[/QUOTE]

No, you can do that. It's pennies but it is supposed to add up over the next 18 years... maybe it will pay for textbooks or something since college will be roughly a bajillion dollars by then. Check out http://www.upromise.com/ for something similar.... every little bit helps.

bread's done
Back