Hey guys, I got my first negative feedback. What do I do?

topplehat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Let me explain my situation.

This guy won a copy of Onimusha 3 from me, and never sent me an email or any form of communication ever. So naturally, after 7 days, I filed an Unpaid Item Dispute, whereupon he didn't reply again for 10 days, so Ebay gives you the option to relist and have the Final Value Fees refunded, and I took that option, and left negative feedback for the user's lack of communication and not paying. This feedback was left on the 29th of July.

Now I go and check my feedback, and I see that this user has left me a feedback on August 16th, which stated: "Unrealistic Expectations!!!!" If you want, you can go look at my feedback, my username on Ebay is topplehat.

What I want to know is if there is anything that I can do to somehow remove this as it was based on unfounded claims, or if there is any way I can add a comment to his feedback explaining the situation.

Ebay should be able to remove it, you need to contact them and explain that a NPB left you negative feedback. Sadly the easiest way to avoid this is to not leave feedack for NPBs.

He didn't use any curse words so I doubt you'll be able to have it removed. eBay explicitly states they will not remove feedback if it was left in retaliation AFAIK. You can certainly contact eBay about it (I would.)

Just put in a reply that he is a non-paying bidder who left you a retaliatory neg out of spite. Something like "Expected buyer to pay for the item won, 'id name' did not."

Fear of this is why I don't leave negs for my NPBs. I just give them the strike.

Actually you could try claiming he bought your item for the sole reason of leaving you negative feedback (since he didn't pay) eBay *might* go for that.

And I feel for ya man, going all the way down to ~98% feedback sucks... a lot.

[quote name='topplehat']How would I go about doing that?[/QUOTE]

oh gee, I dunno.. maybe the big "Contact Us" under the help section?

[quote name='topplehat']How would I go about doing that?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember, but I've had 2 removed. Non Paying Bidders are eligible for removal of feedback. Here is an info link, but I forget how to do the rest.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/questions/retaliatory-feedback.html

Again, I've had 2 of mine removed from npbs.

Here's what I do, and recommend it to everyone. Wait 89.999 days (almost 90 days which is the limit to leave feedback for something) and leave them their negative feedback. By the time they see it, they won't be able to leave a negative comment and you will be safe.

[quote name='Scorch']oh gee, I dunno.. maybe the big "Contact Us" under the help section?[/QUOTE]

Oh you. The "Contact Us" isn't really THAT big.

it isn't the end of the world, it won't hurt your transactions. anyone with 100% is just lucky that they haven't had to deal with a douchebag yet.

bread's done
Back