Trying not to throw up as I read this Madden Press Release...

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
oops... too late :puke:
Gee, I wonder if this could have anything to do with the fact that EA EXCLUSIVELY OWNS THE FREAKING NFL VIDEO GAME LICENSE.

EA'S MADDEN NFL 06 HAS RECORD NUMBER OF FIRST WEEK FANS

EA SPORTS Gridiron Title Scores Big at Retail

Redwood City, Calif - August 18, 2005 -- Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS),
today announced that, based on internal data, Madden NFL 06 scored big
at retail in its first week in stores and sold-thru more than 1.7
million copies, making it the biggest week one launch of a Madden NFL
Football game in the franchise's sixteen-year history.

"Gamers were demanding the best Madden NFL Football ever this year and
the response at retail indicates that we delivered the game that
everyone wanted," said EA Vice President of Marketing Todd Sitrin.
"Consumers have voted with their dollars, and the vote is in - this is
the best version of Madden NFL Football ever."

"EA ups its game for the best Madden yet," said Matthew Kato, Senior
Editor of Game Informer magazine." They delivered substantial innovation
to the Madden franchise, making Madden NFL 06 a must-have title of the
year."

"You'd think the big news in the locker-room this week was the start of
the preseason, but all everyone could talk about was the new Madden
game," said Ahman Green, All Pro Running Back for the Green Bay Packers.
"Everyone had to check out their new ratings and the new features in the
game."

Based on internal tracking, EA estimates:

*Madden NFL 06 had the biggest week one launch in the history of
the franchise, selling more than 1.7 million units.

*NCAA(r) Football 06 was the #1 selling video game on the
PlayStation(r)2 computer system in July 2005.*

*With double digit sales percentage increases this year, both
Madden NFL 06 and NCAA Football 06 are tracking well ahead of last
year's launch sales.

*Within a month of NCAA Football 06 shipping and with Madden NFL
06 on store shelves only a few days, EA SPORTS(tm) football fans have
played more than 1.5 million games through the PlayStation 2 console and
on Xbox Live(r)** on the EA SPORTS Nation.

"The strong starts of NCAA Football 06 and Madden NFL 06 set the pace
for a strong EA SPORTS lineup of titles this fall. Up next from EA are
FIFA Soccer 06, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06, NBA LIVE 06 and the rest of our
EA SPORTS lineup," added Sitrin.

In its 16th year and with more than 45 million copies sold, Madden NFL
Football continues to stand out as the most popular football videogame
franchise of all time with a combination of innovative new features and
the most authentic football gameplay. Developed in Orlando, FL by EA
Tiburon Madden NFL 06 is now on the PlayStation 2 console, the Xbox(r)
video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(tm), Nintendo
DS(tm), Game Boy(r) Advance, and mobile. The PC version will be
available August 17 and the PSP(tm) (PlayStation(r)Portable) system
launches later in September. Madden NFL 06 is rated "E" (Everyone) by
the ESRB and has an MSRP of $49.99 for the PlayStation 2 console, Xbox,
Nintendo GameCube and PSP, $39.99 for PC, and Nintendo DS, $29.99 for
Game Boy Advance and Madden NFL Football for Mobile will range from
$3.99 to $9.99, depending on the handset and terms of usage. For more
information check out www.madden06.com.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, NCAA Football 06 is
available for the PlayStation 2 console and Xbox. The game is rated "E"
(Everyone) by the ESRB and has an MSRP of $49.99 for both console
versions. The game's official website is www.ncaafootball06.com.

If I was the only jackass in town selling rubber nipples, and 1.7 dumbasses wanted rubber nipples, I suppose I could sell 1.7 rubber nipples.

"This game has no real improvements" + "this is the only football game on the market" + NFL2K used to come out a week or two before Madden = biggest sales of a football game ever, even though it is the same as last year.
I will probably buy it, at which time I will feel dirty. Damn you Madden.

everyone wanted,"
Um, no. I gave it a shot and it sucked donkey balls. Just because I bought something the day it came out doesnt mean its "the best game EVAR!!!"
I could go on and on about the incredibly shitty glitches that ruin online play but I dont want to spoil the dreams of the few people still enjoying this festering stink pile.

Not surprising. Anyone who *ever* wants to make the argument that consumers are rational thinkers who control the market should be dragged out in the street and shot.

After they read this thread.

I nearly wept (not really) when the GS clerk the other day claimed that people still asked about the release date for NFL 2K6.

You all are acting like you expected EA not to publish this news release. Had the 2K series had exclusivity and published this I wonder how many people would be saying the same things. I bet you all would be hailing Sega as the great EA killer.

[quote name='chickenhawk']You all are acting like you expected EA not to publish this news release. Had the 2K series had exclusivity and published this I wonder how many people would be saying the same things. I bet you all would be hailing Sega as the great EA killer.[/QUOTE]

At least then the 1.7 million consumers would be getting a quality product

horrible, just horrible. In all my hatred for EA I can't be mad at the people, since I did break down and buy the stupid game. Only because of the sale price but either way I bought it and I hate myself for it. I still have time to return it though since I haven't opened it and played a rented copy and I think it sucks ass as always.

I have to admit one guilty pleasure: the midnight Madden launch at my store this year. I got paid to sit around, eat hot dogs, and drink soda. The only thing that could've made it any better would be if I got to call each person a sucker as they walked out clutching their precious copy of Madden. A man can always dream.

kleenex.jpg
go ahead...pass the box around :lol:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']
kleenex.jpg
go ahead...pass the box around :lol:[/QUOTE]
Ah yes, TSD with the educated response.
What I find funnier is the fact that you claim to know SO much about football and the rules in general but you support a product that does a horrible job in actually following those rules.
I lost count of the number of times basic NFL rules were broken. My biggest pet peeve being that an offensive player can run out of bounds, get a beer and a brat, and come back IN bounds and be the first to touch the ball without any sort of flag or penalty. What that does is allow anyone manually controlling a reciever run out of bounds where the coverage surely wont follow (and computer defenders lose track of) then come in bounds at the last second and make the catch. What a joke.
Oh, and hows your punt return average? Pretty shitty? Might have something to do with the fact they didnt program the special teams guys to block. Instead they just watch the gunners go by. Nasty.

I like the line about the consumers voting with their dollars. Haha! So if you want a football game..whats your vote choices? To buy it or not? fucking EA spin doctor assholes.

Seeing how every word out of an EA reps mouth is complete bullshit this comes as no surprise.

Remember when EA said they didn't believe in or conduct hostile takeovers?? :roll:

everyone wanted,"

This does not mean that this year's Madden was the best at all, nobody who bought it at launch had even played it yet. I played a friend's copy, but it really isn't different enough from the past couple years games to warrant purchasing it. Its still a solid game, but it feels almost exactly the same as Madden 2004.

[quote name='shipwreck']Can't somebody just make a nude patch for Madden and give Jack Thompson a call?[/QUOTE]

*LAUGHS!* thank you Shipwreck...you just made my day ;)

[quote name='jousley']I like the line about the consumers voting with their dollars. Haha! So if you want a football game..whats your vote choices? To buy it or not? fucking EA spin doctor assholes.[/QUOTE]

Hell, Robert Mugabe holds elections.

I'm still waiting for the NFL press release patting themselves on the back. I'd personally love it if they really rubbed it in to consumers, saying things like "#1 selling NFL game!" on the box.

At least people are funding a company that scored 84% on buyblue.org (even if they collectively gave under $5,000 of their multi-million dollar empire).

http://www.buyblue.org/detail.php?corpId=188

Although putchasing Madden at Wal-Mart might defeat such purpose. :)

I love EA - I'm applying for a job there within the next few years. The bigger they get the more corporate work there will be!

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']
kleenex.jpg
go ahead...pass the box around :lol:[/QUOTE]

I will wipe my ass with one of these tissues and send it to EA for Charging $50 for no improvements.......I didnt say it was a bad game fanboys......I just said no improvements.

[quote name='lionheart4life']I played a friend's copy, but it really isn't different enough from the past couple years games to warrant purchasing it.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much true for every annual update to just about every sports game out there. I especially love how the asking price tumbles so quickly each year, and yet so many consumers are happy to pay full price at launch. :D

I wonder if any of you EA bashers have played much of this year's Madden. People seem to forget the 2k series was very glitchy in franchise mode. I played over a hundred games of 2k5 and I must say Madden is the better game.

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']I wonder if any of you EA bashers have played much of this year's Madden. People seem to forget the 2k series was very glitchy in franchise mode. I played over a hundred games of 2k5 and I must say Madden is the better game.[/QUOTE]

but at least you only had to blow $20 on the game and not $50

[quote name='supadupacheap']Ah yes, TSD with the educated response.
What I find funnier is the fact that you claim to know SO much about football and the rules in general but you support a product that does a horrible job in actually following those rules.
I lost count of the number of times basic NFL rules were broken. My biggest pet peeve being that an offensive player can run out of bounds, get a beer and a brat, and come back IN bounds and be the first to touch the ball without any sort of flag or penalty. What that does is allow anyone manually controlling a reciever run out of bounds where the coverage surely wont follow (and computer defenders lose track of) then come in bounds at the last second and make the catch. What a joke.
Oh, and hows your punt return average? Pretty shitty? Might have something to do with the fact they didnt program the special teams guys to block. Instead they just watch the gunners go by. Nasty.[/QUOTE]

:lol: you tickle my assbone with such assumptions...when did i claim to know SO much about football and the rules in general? when did i claim to support a porduct that does a horrible job in actually following those rules?

[quote name='lowgear26']I will wipe my ass with one of these tissues and send it to EA for Charging $50 for no improvements.......I didnt say it was a bad game fanboys......I just said no improvements.[/QUOTE]

since you quoted me, you must've been calling me a madden fanboy...id personally like to know how you figure im a madden fanboy

I am no fan of dropping $50 for a mediocre game every year, but my old college buddy and I play it online, and get the new copy every year for the roster updates. We tried the sega 2k football games twice. Both times we both didn't like it. It isn't good their is no competition, but I enjoy battling online with my friend, and we both look forward to what Blitz will offer this year

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']since you quoted me, you must've been calling me a madden fanboy...id personally like to know how you figure im a madden fanboy[/QUOTE]

well it looks that way but I wasnt really pointing fingers at anyone......i just used the quote for my argument...not because I think your a fanboy

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, whatever. The casual gamer can go fuck himself.[/QUOTE]

So no "Hardcore" gamer can be a sports fan?

Get your head out of your ass.

What is with all these people claming that Madden is a bad or mediocre game? Does an 89% average rating in GameRankings say anything to you?

I'm upset that EA Sports has no competition in several sports games due to their exclusive contracts. However, I'm one of the few who doesn't hate EA Sports. Sometimes they put out good games. For example, I loved MVP Baseball, and didn't like ESPN Baseball.

I'm surprised that no one is gloating about EA not being able to make an MLB baseball game.

I'm out of luck then, since I won't have new ESPN NFL games, or new MVP Baseball games.

Oh, well, it's nothing to bitch or cry about... :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I'm upset that EA Sports has no competition in several sports games due to their exclusive contracts. However, I'm one of the few who doesn't hate EA Sports. Sometimes they put out good games. For example, I loved MVP Baseball, and didn't like ESPN Baseball.

I'm surprised that no one is gloating about EA not being able to make an MLB baseball game.

I'm out of luck then, since I won't have new ESPN NFL games, or new MVP Baseball games.

Oh, well, it's nothing to bitch or cry about... :)[/QUOTE]
I will agree that it stinks that baseball got swallowed up in the melee too however I think ESPN has a much better chance of turning things around than EA does.
If ESPN puts out a stinker, Ill be first in line to complain. But EA put out its stinker already so theyre the ones in the hot seat right now.

[quote name='supadupacheap']I will agree that it stinks that baseball got swallowed up in the melee too however I think ESPN has a much better chance of turning things around than EA does.
If ESPN puts out a stinker, Ill be first in line to complain. But EA put out its stinker already so theyre the ones in the hot seat right now.[/QUOTE]

I never really understand comments like this. I can understand some of the arguement about not much of a difference from year to year, but Madden has consistently been a very good game. Most sports games are similar from year to year. Its not like NBA 2K5 is going to be radically different than last year. I really do think it just usually boils down to it being popular to bash EA lately.

I haven't played this years Madden at all, but I did hear that they did add a new passing system, so at least they tried to improve it somewhat.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']:lol: you tickle my assbone with such assumptions...when did i claim to know SO much about football and the rules in general? when did i claim to support a porduct that does a horrible job in actually following those rules?[/QUOTE]

From the thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186307&highlight=ravens#post1186307
[quote name='The Successful Dropout']last season was my first season of ever having any kind of interest in football and the interest hit me extremely hard...im now a die-hard fan of everything Ravens and within a year know more about football than almost everyone i know (including season ticket holders/players/fans of football for many years/etc)[/quote]
Now you are probably going to play your usual semantics BS, trying to turn a statement you used before to make you look knowledgeable on the subject ("Hey, I know more than fans of football for many years!) into one that now will belittle the football knowledge of those you know. ("What I mean NOW is they don't know that much (because it suits my current point better) :roll:
You said you were proud to be one of the 1.7 million people to support EA by buying their Madden game. So there's your "support" right there. Id be happy to upload a shitton of replays to my EA locker then cross reference the rules they break in the Official NFL Rulebook if you like. That will show that Madden is"the game that doesnt follow those rules."
But knowing you, you ll twist everything up as you always do. In one instance your words mean one thing, the next second they mean something totally different because TSD needs them to to not look like a fool.

[quote name='Scahom1'] Does an 89% average rating in GameRankings say anything to you?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It says that no matter how bad a popular game franchise is it will always get a good rating by the gaming media. They wouldn't want to turn off their readers now would they?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I'm upset that EA Sports has no competition in several sports games due to their exclusive contracts. However, I'm one of the few who doesn't hate EA Sports. Sometimes they put out good games. For example, I loved MVP Baseball, and didn't like ESPN Baseball.

Oh, well, it's nothing to bitch or cry about... :)[/QUOTE]

Sure it is. MVP is probably overall a better game then ESPN, but sadly MVP is no more. Ask yourself though, why doesn't anybody seem to care or bash Sega? Hmmm...

bread's done
Back