Question for anyone with an Action Replay (Xbox)

Staind204

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Well I bought an Action Replay Max today. I was wanting to use it to get the latest rosters for NFL 2k5 (Madden 06 was TERRIBLE). When I first put the memory card in the controller it showed up fine so I turned off the Xbox and went to load the saves on the card. When I put the memory card in the USB Cradle the green light didn't come on and it didn't recognize the card. Then I put the card back in the controller and the Xbox wouldnt recognize it either :whistle2:/. I am assuming I have a defective one, has anyone else had this problem (is it common?) or am I just that unlucky to get one of the few defective ones?

Ok Action Replay is complete crap. I took it back and got another one and now the drive lights up but it doesn't recognize the card. The Xbox doesnt recognize it either... stay away from this product, its terrible. Now I've got to make my 3rd trip to return it, which is just great when gas is almost $3 a gallon.

There might be something wrong with your controller, did you ever consider that? I have had absolutely no problem with my action replay, ever.

Well actually I have used 3 controllers. I used the Controller S, the Big Xbox Controller, and a generic Gaming Edge one. The first time I tried it on the Controller S it did recognize it, after that it never did again. I got the new one and it hasnt been recognized once (except the Action Reply light in the program did light up once when i moved around the card but that only lasted about 3 seconds). I got the Action Replays from 2 different game stops too. They either make terrible products or I've just got some really really bad luck.

Did you download everything from codejunkies.com? Not sure if it all came on the disk.. check your usb connection.. don't know what to tell you man, i've never had a problem with mine in the drive or in the controller.

Yeah I've tried everything. I really thought it'd be a neat thing too because I hated Madden 06 and wanted the updated NFL 2k5 rosters. I don't think I wanna go get ANOTHER one, if the first 2 didn't work what are the odds a different one is. I would consider it being something I was doing wrong if the Xbox recognized the card but since neither the PC or Xbox is , it has to be that I am getting bad cards. The USB Hub thing is lit up green so it is working, it just won't accept the card :whistle2:/. Is your's the Action Replay MAX (comes in a silver tin with the 8MB memory)?

[quote name='Staind204']Yeah I've tried everything. I really thought it'd be a neat thing too because I hated Madden 06 and wanted the updated NFL 2k5 rosters. I don't think I wanna go get ANOTHER one, if the first 2 didn't work what are the odds a different one is. I would consider it being something I was doing wrong if the Xbox recognized the card but since neither the PC or Xbox is , it has to be that I am getting bad cards. The USB Hub thing is lit up green so it is working, it just won't accept the card :whistle2:/. Is your's the Action Replay MAX (comes in a silver tin with the 8MB memory)?[/QUOTE]

I had to get an official card to get Action Replay to work. I heard the cards that
come with it were not very reliable.

Well I called Gamestop and asked them if they'd heard of people having trouble with them and he told me they really don't sell may of them. He just said it wouldn't be surprising since Datel makes some pretty crappy products. Guess I'll just go get my $30 back, but its unfortunate because I wanted those rosters :whistle2:(

[quote name='Staind204']Well I called Gamestop and asked them if they'd heard of people having trouble with them and he told me they really don't sell may of them. He just said it wouldn't be surprising since Datel makes some pretty crappy products. Guess I'll just go get my $30 back, but its unfortunate because I wanted those rosters :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

You can hack together a working AR setup using a JumpDrive and an XBOX->USB adapter cable. The AR software is downloadable from Datel, google for the simple instructions to change the config file to recognize the JumpDrive as an Action Replay. I used a 128MB Lexar I had lying around, there are also others that are known to work. Having 128 Meg for saves, etc. might be overkill, but for the same $30 for a flaky "real" AR, you have one that actually works...

Its my understanding that newer xboxes (v. 1.6 and above) dont work with non official MSN storage devices. So, if you have a newer xbox, thats most likely the reason your AR keeps failing.

bread's done
Back