Gameboy Micro $99.99 at EBgames.com - available 9/19

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
The new Gameboy Micro will be available on 9/19/05 from EBgames.com. You can preorder it now for $99.99. There are even two color styles available.

Black
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/258797.asp

Silver
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/258799.asp

Also available from Lik-Sang 9/13/05 for $129.99 USD (Receive 12,990 payback points for preordering .. whatever that means)
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=47&products_id=6999&

And available from Play-Asia 9/13 in Silver, Black, Purple, and Blue. There's also a famicon version. Price is $129.99
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-37-51463786b07b1956c1bb67a6acde6553-71-99-15-gameboy+micro.html

[quote name='pop311']When the Micro comes out, how much do you think the SP will drop, if any?[/QUOTE]

It won't; not immediately, at least. The SP is still the cheapest option for a lit GBA.

This has been posted several times. Not the fact that EB has a listing for them, but that it's $99.99 and available September 19th.

I need my own repost smiley.

[quote name='Scorch']This has been posted several times. Not the fact that EB has a listing for them, but that it's $99.99 and available September 19th.
[/QUOTE]

When I searched Gameboy Micro in this thread nothing came up. Mods can feel free to lock this if its true.

[quote name='Scorch']This has been posted several times. Not the fact that EB has a listing for them, but that it's $99.99 and available September 19th.

I need my own repost smiley.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='zionoverfire']or a life [/QUOTE]
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Does anyone care about this thing? The SP is cheaper and better.[/QUOTE]
I don't.. at least not until I can get a great deal on one.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I don't.. at least not until I can get a great deal on one.[/QUOTE]

I know one thing .. I care about Barbie Griffin :D

[quote name='Jaket']mr. 13000 posts said someone needed a life :roll:

haha[/QUOTE]

Hey come on now...that's only 30 posts a day! :)

[quote name='Scahom1']Hey come on now...that's only 30 posts a day! :)[/QUOTE]
but you have to factor the day or two that he doesn't and possibly a little vacation sometime, so some days it may even be up to 100 post a day.

Well hmm now hmm

well theres the SP thats pretty neat looking..then there is the DS that is basically the N64 portible then there is the micro which is just too small.. Looks like you get better value with the DS then the micro as it can play the sp/gba games fine :|

I don't get this thing, but I might could have understood if they had released it at $50 or so. But $100 for just a smaller SP? WTF?? The SP is too small as-is imo, it cramps my hands to play it (which is why I added one of those "load 3 games at once" things to mine the day I bought it to bulk it up).

Not to mention the fact that for $30 more, you can get a DS. Seriously, are they going to sell ANY of these things at that price?

Yes it's expensive but you guys really don't know much about this.

The face plates, besides giving you more options for personalizing your game boy, are removable and protect the screen.
It's smaller than the SP, but because the screen is in the middle, it is actually wider. Those of you that found the SP uncomfortably small may like the Micro better -- the shoulder buttons are bigger too.
The screen is backlit, not frontlit. It has a more even lighting than the SP and has a sharper image.

At this price, the SP and DS are still probably better deals, but it's not as bad as you all are making it out to be.

The screen is smaller than the SP, but is sharper as a trade-off. Things are hard to see as it is sometimes.

I do recall a Nintendo person mention something like "I think consumers will be surprised at the price when it's released" leaving me to believe it would actually be cheaper, which it should be. It can't play GBC games!

I'm definitely getting one, been waiting for it's release for a while now. I'd pick one up and play with it before you diss it. You may like it enough to sell your SP -- I would if I couldnt afford to have both.

[quote name='letsgetacid']The screen is smaller than the SP, but is sharper as a trade-off. Things are hard to see as it is sometimes.

I do recall a Nintendo person mention something like "I think consumers will be surprised at the price when it's released" leaving me to believe it would actually be cheaper, which it should be. It can't play GBC games![/QUOTE]
And that's what kills it for me.

Give me an older GBA, and I'll pay the few dollars it costs to get a replacement screen from Nintendo. Problem solved.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Give me an older GBA, and I'll pay the few dollars it costs to get a replacement screen from Nintendo. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little confused by this. The Micro is a completely different screen from what you'd get as a GBA replacement. Or were you meaning something else?

I really wish this was a bit cheaper but I guess if they priced it like an SP, who would still buy those? And how come Japan still gets more colors?

To respond to a few points:

- The thickness moreso than the width is what makes the SP uncomfortable to me, and since the micro is supposed to be even thinner, I can't imagine this thing being comfortable.

- It doesn't matter anyway. It could be the most comfortable GBA player ever - it could massage my balls while I play, and it still wouldn't be worth $100. I own or have owned a total of 4 different devices that play GBA games (GBA, SP, GC GBA Player, and DS). The last thing I'm going to spend money on is ANOTHER one. Heck, I already traded off my GBA, and I would ditch my SP if I didn't think the NES design was so cool. One portable GBA player is all I'll ever need.

- And I said this before, but it needs repeating - who in their right mind would buy this instead of forking over the $30 more and getting a DS???

I try to like Nintendo - I really do - but everytime I think they're on the right track again they do something really stupid. This thing is really stupid.

stars-5-0.gif
$130 Good Price
Review by: Barron Johnson (1) on June 28th, 2005
I am 13 years old and have a DS, PSP, PS2, Xbox and, a GC. Now that the GBM is coming out in Fall, I have saved up $130.00 to buy it. I sold all of my GBA games. I will rebuy them after I get the system. I only want the GBM for the looks.

:shock:

Anyway, I'll be picking up my GBM once hell freezes over, and the price is reduced to $49.99. :cold:

[quote name='argyle']I don't get this thing, but I might could have understood if they had released it at $50 or so. But $100 for just a smaller SP? WTF??
Not to mention the fact that for $30 more, you can get a DS. Seriously, are they going to sell ANY of these things at that price?[/QUOTE]

Once again, corporate greed and stupidity trumps common sense. My crystal ball says these will probably bomb, and you'll find them for $50 on clearance at Wal-Mart in 6 months.

I don't know I agree with most of you guys that this is a pretty pointless device. I however see its usage a little differently. I thought the whole point of the device is the ultra small size....I see it as something I can throw in my pocket and play a quick 10 minutes or so when the occasion for me to do so comes about at a time when I wouldn't normally be carrying an SP or a DS along. I don't see using it as a portable for longer sessions. Don't think I'll bite at $100 though.

Ipod minis sell well don't they?! I don't see how these are any different. They're small yes, but they're comfy to hold too. The screen's smaller, but it also makes the graphics even sharper. The backlight also makes the picture look more vibrant than the front-lighting of the SP.

[quote name='yukine']
stars-5-0.gif
$130 Good Price
Review by: Barron Johnson (1) on June 28th, 2005
I am 13 years old and have a DS, PSP, PS2, Xbox and, a GC. Now that the GBM is coming out in Fall, I have saved up $130.00 to buy it. I sold all of my GBA games. I will rebuy them after I get the system. I only want the GBM for the looks.

:[/QUOTE]

To impress the 13 year old girls that aren't developed yet? Damn boy......... you got problems

This is NOT for any of you to buy in the first place. Most of us already own an SP or the superior DS. Whats the point spending $100 for ANOTHER GBA that's smaller? Like I said, its NOT FOR US. This system is for all the iPod Mini owners at there that like small devices rather then the bigger, expensive ones. Who the hell would spend $250 for a 6 Gig iPod Mini when they could get a 20 gig iPod Photo for $50 more? Alot of people.

[quote name='jkam']I don't know I agree with most of you guys that this is a pretty pointless device. I however see its usage a little differently. I thought the whole point of the device is the ultra small size....I see it as something I can throw in my pocket and play a quick 10 minutes or so when the occasion for me to do so comes about at a time when I wouldn't normally be carrying an SP or a DS along. I don't see using it as a portable for longer sessions. Don't think I'll bite at $100 though.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'd like a handheld that I can stick in my jeans pocket and forget about until I want to use it. Even the SP is too big for that. Of course, I would want it at a more disposable price so that I don't need to worry about scratching the screen.

[quote name='argyle']I don't get this thing, but I might could have understood if they had released it at $50 or so. But $100 for just a smaller SP? WTF?? The SP is too small as-is imo, it cramps my hands to play it (which is why I added one of those "load 3 games at once" things to mine the day I bought it to bulk it up).

Not to mention the fact that for $30 more, you can get a DS. Seriously, are they going to sell ANY of these things at that price?[/QUOTE]

yes they will sell these......Lots of these! But not to anyone smarter than the common rock.

Haha. I sat on my original Gameboy when I was like 7 years old and started crying because it wouldn't turn on. I later found out that the batteries fell out. :'(

[quote name='aoLat']Haha. I sat on my original Gameboy when I was like 7 years old and started crying because it wouldn't turn on. I later found out that the batteries fell out. :'([/QUOTE]ahahaha

I am on the fence on the Micro. I like the screen brightness, but I will have to try it in person to see if the screen is too small.

The black one with the orange faceplate looks cool to me. I also like the form factor better than the SP, that one cramps my hands. I thought it was awesome when the SP came out though, finally a screen you could see and the clamshell design is engenious. No more screen covers, etc.

The Micro has the interchangeable faceplates which means that if you get scratches, just get a new faceplate, cool!

I think they are going to sell gobs of these things, after all there are tons of great games. If you said 10 years ago that we could play SNES games on this tiny sexy thing with a backlit screen and 10 hours battery life, everyone would own one.

bread's done
Back