FFX sealed, non-gh...any value?

A

Apossum

I've got a chance to get a sealed FFX non GH for $20. should I do it?

only if you yourself are a collector. You might get a little bit more for it on ebay, but not enough above what you paid to make it worth it. Unlike something like Final Fantasy tactics, X had a ginormous release. Anyone who wants one can probably find it rather easily.

[quote name='kimsh0t']ffx . i saw some go up around 60-80.

get it.[/QUOTE]

sorry, I'm going to need proof on that. :)

[quote name='kimsh0t']http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-X...211921652QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

he sells mostly tons of ff games.

i forget where that link is. but this one is at 47 right now.[/QUOTE]

Ok now, this collecting stuff is getting ridiculous. When someone describes the condition of the plastic wrap and hang tab, its gone too far. There are literraly MILLIONS of this non-GH copy, why pay that much for one? I paid less than that the first month it was out jeez.

[quote name='Staraang21']there are lots of open ones but sealed ones are hard to come by.[/QUOTE]

Crap I bought this at launch ($40ish with some discounts and got the players guide free). At the time I owned about 3 PS2 games (GTA3, MGS2, Jak and Dak) . . . still I played about 20 min of the game total . . . should have kept it sealed :)

Maybe I'll buy a cheapass GH one and sell the orig on ebay . . . I always want my games complete but I don't give a crap about the case.

[quote name='schultzed']Crap I bought this at launch ($40ish with some discounts and got the players guide free). At the time I owned about 3 PS2 games (GTA3, MGS2, Jak and Dak) . . . still I played about 20 min of the game total . . . should have kept it sealed :)

Maybe I'll buy a cheapass GH one and sell the orig on ebay . . . I always want my games complete but I don't give a crap about the case.[/QUOTE]

you won't get much more if its opened..only sealed ones go for that much.. and all i can say about PS2 games is its much harder to fake the seal.

Guess I'll go pick it up and hold on to it for a while. I already own the game :)

lionhear4life-- for some reason, sealed non-gh FF games fetch a lot. Look at VII and Tactics.

[quote name='Apossum']Guess I'll go pick it up and hold on to it for a while. I already own the game :)

lionhear4life-- for some reason, sealed non-gh FF games fetch a lot. Look at VII and Tactics.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true. I realize that it is tough to find sealed copies of older games (most sane people open and play something after they drop $50 on it), but who in their right mind buys sealed games and keeps them sealed for so long? Do they not want to play them? Don't try to tell me it is a good investment either, selling FFX sealed 4 years after it came out for the same price it would have cost to get it is hardly a good investment. Even if you sold it for $30 over retail, would it really be worth holding for a few years?

Since it's only going to go up in value, it's not a bad deal... if I can get like $70 for it around the time XII comes out, then I can basically get XII for free(or $50 off a 360 or something like that.) it's just a long term term cheap ass deal. I do stuff like this to save cash while I'm in college. :)

[quote name='lionheart4life']Yeah, that's true. I realize that it is tough to find sealed copies of older games (most sane people open and play something after they drop $50 on it), but who in their right mind buys sealed games and keeps them sealed for so long? Do they not want to play them? Don't try to tell me it is a good investment either, selling FFX sealed 4 years after it came out for the same price it would have cost to get it is hardly a good investment. Even if you sold it for $30 over retail, would it really be worth holding for a few years?[/QUOTE]
I agree. Video game investment is hardly a profitable business, unless you bought tons of Suikoden 2 when it was 20 bucks a few years back (damn, I wish I did). I'm certainly not going to buy a $50 game and then wait 4 fricking years just to make $30 profit from it.

There are two versions. The Squaresoft one and the Square Enix one. I'm guessing the Squaresoft one would be worth more money. It's the one I have, but it's opened. That's just my guess though.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']I agree. Video game investment is hardly a profitable business, unless you bought tons of Suikoden 2 when it was 20 bucks a few years back (damn, I wish I did). I'm certainly not going to buy a $50 game and then wait 4 fricking years just to make $30 profit from it.[/QUOTE]

full priced games are poor for long term investing. but reselling little nuggets like this^^ is not a bad way to save a few bucks or get a free game or two.

edit: that's a kick ass quote Trakan

I got Kingdom Heart totally unopen (or touch) haha.. anyone think, it will make money? I don't plan to play it anyway.. hehe.

[quote name='CaoPi']I got a sealed one original one but it says made by square-enix not squaresoft! :roll:[/QUOTE]

wasnt squaresoft/enix making ffx when they join forces.

i liked squaresoft alot then enix.

scroll down. and theres pictures . YOU MUST BE BLIND :)

NOW GO AND GET THAT FFX

[quote name='Apossum']*runs out to compusa*

That's so odd.....you can't even see the seal in that auction! I totally wouldn't bid on it.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I didn't scroll down. Just goes to show, they should've put up a good picture cause dumbasses like me will pass over it.

Just got it--

"Published By Square-Electronic Arts Ltd."

WOOT.

Now I just have to get these stupid "Managers Special" stickers off of it...a hairdryer should suffice. Thanks for the motivation Kimsh0t :)

np.
where did you get a sealed ffx btw

[quote name='Apossum']:lol: I didn't scroll down. Just goes to show, they should've put up a good picture cause dumbasses like me will pass over it.

Just got it--

"Published By Square-Electronic Arts Ltd."

WOOT.

Now I just have to get these stupid "Managers Special" stickers off of it...a hairdryer should suffice. Thanks for the motivation Kimsh0t :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Apossum']I've got a chance to get a sealed FFX non GH for $20. should I do it?[/QUOTE]

buy it, sit on it for 5 years, and then sell it for a shitload of money. Look at how much a sealed FFVII goes for.

[quote name='Trakan']There are two versions. The Squaresoft one and the Square Enix one. I'm guessing the Squaresoft one would be worth more money. It's the one I have, but it's opened. That's just my guess though.[/QUOTE]

ummm, not if they are non-gh. The Square-Enix version of FFX non-gh is extremely rare.......well mabey not extremely rare, but rare.

When squaresoft became square enix, they started printing the Square-Enix logo on FFX where they had the squaresoft logo. Soon after this change was made, FFX became a greatest hits game so very few FFX Non-GH Square-Enix versions were made.........

[quote name='CaoPi']I got a sealed one original one but it says made by square-enix not squaresoft! :roll:[/QUOTE]

............................... ^^^ Sell it for HUGE amounts of money!!!!!!

[quote name='Trakan']There are two versions. The Squaresoft one and the Square Enix one. I'm guessing the Squaresoft one would be worth more money. It's the one I have, but it's opened. That's just my guess though.[/QUOTE]
actully i would assume the square enix non-gh cover would be worth more because it was only produced for a few weeks before going GH

bread's done
Back