Next Nintendo Console due in May 2005.

the title of this is misleading, it sounds like nintendo will be selling their next console next may, when instead they are just gunna reveal it at e3

Im sure that we will see all three next gen systems at E3 2005. Im guessing that next year's E3 will be even better then this year's E3.

This News was misleading to me. I actually thought Nintendo was going to try to sell them in the May 2005 to try to get a jump on their competition. I was hoping that Nintendo was trying to be aggressive in being the first out with their next gen console. That would have showed Nintendo's change in business philosophy, and their effort to get back on top after 15 years. But I guess they only care about handhelds. :?
But I conclude that the only thing that can improve Nintendo Next gen console, is to obtain all of the third party company's support . Otherwise PS3 and Xbox2 will be better.

I seriously think the next Gamecube will be going the same route as the Dreamcast, unless they do something REALLY innovative. Would anybody shell out $300 for a new Nintendo system when they know a new Playstation and Xbox are just around the corner? In a word: NO.
Especially in a console saturated market of 150+ million owners.

[quote name='bmulligan']I seriously think the next Gamecube will be going the same route as the Dreamcast, unless they do something REALLY innovative. Would anybody shell out $300 for a new Nintendo system when they know a new Playstation and Xbox are just around the corner? In a word: NO.
Especially in a console saturated market of 150+ million owners.[/quote]

The next Nintendo console will cost less than the PS3 and next x-thing. The big N likes gaming systems that are gaming systems, not home entertainment centers. I would guess a price point of $200, which will be $100 less than the other 2. And as far as a saturated market, the next gen systems will not sell nearly as well as this wave. The casual gamer that bought several systems this time will wait patiently for price drops if they get one at all.

To their credit, Sony's PS3 will most likely sell the most, but microsoft may have a hard time pushing their wares after the fanboys buy theirs, same as nintendo minus the fact that nintendo will have their big 1st party games.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']
but microsoft may have a hard time pushing their wares after the fanboys buy theirs

What the hell do you base this on? Anything other than it sounded good when you pulled it out of your ass?[/quote]

I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just making a simple statement. Sony is established as the #1 in consoles with Nintendo and Microsoft competing for #2. After someone plunks down $300 for the PS3 not including games, will they want to spend another $200 or $300 for their #2. And assuming the PSP is successful, there's another $300. All three systems have chips made by IBM, so the difference won't be that great in graphics. If Microsoft doesn't have a big title, like a Halo game at launch and if Nintendo screws up their launch titles, both will suffer. Dreamcast partially failed because people waiting for PS2 and not needing 2 systems. Most people will wait for price drops before they pick up their second system, which could spell trouble for either company if intial sales are low. As far as the fanboy comment, every system has them, it's the casual gamer that makes or breaks a system.

I would guess a price point of $200, which will be $100 less than the other 2.

I seriously doubt that any of the new consoles will cost less than $300 when they first start selling off the shelves. It will probably take atleast 6-8 months to drop 50 dollars....and then another 50-100 dollar drop after another 6 months-year.

My best guess is that all 3 consoles will cost around $330, because initially the companies are trying get as much return back as possible for bringing out a brand new console. But I agree that Gamecube might be a little less expensive(20-50 dollars less?) just to entice people to buy their console over the others. 8)
But WE ARE all just Speculating. Wait until next year! :wink:

[quote name='XboxMaster']Damn, they need to release them around Christmas!!![/quote]

Try rereading the article. It says they will be showcasing them.
They showcased the DS this year... and the DS still isn't going to hit until Q4. I swear the internet is just getting more and more like an infinitely large game of "telephone".

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='XboxMaster']Damn, they need to release them around Christmas!!![/quote]

Try rereading the article. It says they will be showcasing them.
They showcased the DS this year... and the DS still isn't going to hit until Q4. I swear the internet is just getting more and more like and infinitely large game of "telephone".[/quote]

So the DS can also be used as a telephone? Cool!

Geez, and I thought this was good news. Am I the only person here who still believes in Nintendo? I have all three systems, so I'm not a fanboy or anything, but I have to say I'm probably most impressed with Nintendo right now.

[quote name='RisingZan']Holograms.
It's the wave o' the future I tell ya'.[/quote]

Holograms? That's so 80's! :)

as long as a system has decent games, i'll buy it. its only a waste of money and time. of course, i have taken the pokemon approach to gaming since the nes, gotta catch 'em all, so i guess its just an obsession. maybe we need self help groups to stop us from buying games and systems.

I'm not planning on getting any of these consoles until long after they come out. I have an xbox with live right now. That's all I need.

BTW is Microsoft going to end xbox live once xbox 2 comes out?

[quote name='Doylerulez']
Sony is established as the #1 in consoles with Nintendo and Microsoft competing for #2. After someone plunks down $300 for the PS3 not including games, will they want to spend another $200 or $300 for their #2. And assuming the PSP is successful, there's another $300. All three systems have chips made by IBM, so the difference won't be that great in graphics. If Microsoft doesn't have a big title, like a Halo game at launch and if Nintendo screws up their launch titles, both will suffer. Dreamcast partially failed because people waiting for PS2 and not needing 2 systems. Most people will wait for price drops before they pick up their second system, which could spell trouble for either company if intial sales are low. As far as the fanboy comment, every system has them, it's the casual gamer that makes or breaks a system.[/quote]

All three do not have chips by ibm the ps2 uses a sony made chip with help from ibm. The difference will be the ati vs the sony. Nintendo and MS will both use ati and my bet is the ati will be more powerful and inherently easier to dev for.

How would microsoft not have another halo? Your also ASSuming that the playstation will come out first. Sony with its 10 year ps2 plan would rather wait around. Do you remember the ps2 launch there were no killer apps. Dreamcast failed because of bad business decesions in the past they were in huge debt the ps2 didn't have much to do about it.

Its fairly obvious you pull all your "info" from your ass as stated previously.

[quote name='bmulligan']I seriously think the next Gamecube will be going the same route as the Dreamcast, unless they do something REALLY innovative. Would anybody shell out $300 for a new Nintendo system when they know a new Playstation and Xbox are just around the corner? In a word: NO.

Now now, don't get all fanboyish on us. I prefer GameCube to PS2 and Xbox, so why the hell wouldn't I buy the new Nintendo system over PS3/Xbox2? While people with the same opinion as I have may not be a majority, yes, we are out there you know. And Nintendo makes their systems less expensive than the competition anyway, another big plus for everyone, especially on this site.

[quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='bmulligan']I seriously think the next Gamecube will be going the same route as the Dreamcast, unless they do something REALLY innovative. Would anybody shell out $300 for a new Nintendo system when they know a new Playstation and Xbox are just around the corner? In a word: NO.

Now now, don't get all fanboyish on us. I prefer GameCube to PS2 and Xbox, so why the hell wouldn't I buy the new Nintendo system over PS3/Xbox2? While people with the same opinion as I have may not be a majority, yes, we are out there you know. And Nintendo makes their systems less expensive than the competition anyway, another big plus for everyone, especially on this site.[/quote]

I agree. I mean I always buy Nintendo first because they usually have a stellar launch with all thier console's (SONY and MS have yet they can match a launch by Nintendo in terms of quality games).

and Nintendo has 6 billion dollars in the bank. I doubt they would cut and run. If anyone is going to do it , it will be MS who has yet to turn a profit and pigeonholed it self from here to eternity as being the company with the technologically superior console. A couple more years of losses and MS stockholders will begin to want to see a profit and when MS can not show one something will happen and it won't be the announcment of Xbox 3.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='bmulligan']I seriously think the next Gamecube will be going the same route as the Dreamcast, unless they do something REALLY innovative. Would anybody shell out $300 for a new Nintendo system when they know a new Playstation and Xbox are just around the corner? In a word: NO.

Now now, don't get all fanboyish on us. I prefer GameCube to PS2 and Xbox, so why the hell wouldn't I buy the new Nintendo system over PS3/Xbox2? While people with the same opinion as I have may not be a majority, yes, we are out there you know. And Nintendo makes their systems less expensive than the competition anyway, another big plus for everyone, especially on this site.[/quote]

I agree. I mean I always buy Nintendo first because they usually have a stellar launch with all thier console's (SONY and MS have yet they can match a launch by Nintendo in terms of quality games).

and Nintendo has 6 billion dollars in the bank. I doubt they would cut and run. If anyone is going to do it , it will be MS who has yet to turn a profit and pigeonholed it self from here to eternity as being the company with the technologically superior console. A couple more years of losses and MS stockholders will begin to want to see a profit and when MS can not show one something will happen and it won't be the announcment of Xbox 3.[/quote]

They did something they got more market share than nintendo. Plus this is microsofts toy the real money is still from the pcs. Xbox is bill gates damn pocket change

It maybe his toy, but toys get old and everyone who talked him into building a console is gone as well as everyone who helped acquire quality talent.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It maybe his toy, but toys get old and everyone who talked him into building a console is gone as well as everyone who helped acquire quality talent.[/quote]

People don't aquire things money does. Look at ea.

yes, but just because you have money does not mean you run a compotent business. Fries walked in the door with two bug developers and made that company a powerhouse in the software market (status of which seems to be in decline on the PC side but increasing console wise). Still without someone compotent like Fries who people like to work for, companies flounder.

EA runs a tight ship which is why they turn a profit and are so big. If the people who ran that company were dumb it could easily go from the top to the bottom (look at companies like Acclaim and interplay)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']

EA runs a tight ship which is why they turn a profit and are so big. If the people who ran that company were dumb it could easily go from the top to the bottom (look at companies like Acclaim and interplay)[/quote]

Good reference about ea your good. I remember buying games that said acclaim on them many ears ago but now they blow. But you could compare how nintendo makes the majority of the money on handhelds but is pretty unsuccessful on the console side in the same way how microsoft make big money on pcs but nothing on consoles.

to be honest i am not very excited for the next nintedo system. I more excited for the PSP or DS, and XBOX 2. Thats all really. But knowing how i am i will end up buying all of them. Oh well

bread's done
Back