Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4

Rig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
Well, I am glad I waited! I've been wanting #3 for a while, but with this:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=79&products_id=7387&

I figure I may as well pick up that one. Well, at least I think I'm going to get it. I'd actually like some advice. Has anyone played all three? Or even just two of them? If so, were they all good? (I've heard great things about #3) I don't want to purchase this one only to find out #3 is better. But, if all three in the series have been good, I would guess this one will be...

I have 2 & 3... generally the later the better, since the main noteworthy additions are more characters. Though, I'm not sure what they would add for the 4th one if it's coming out end of this year... they had most of the characters in 3 already, at least in terms of the anime. I haven't seen the series since the last non-filler arc ended.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I have 2 & 3... generally the later the better, since the main noteworthy additions are more characters. Though, I'm not sure what they would add for the 4th one if it's coming out end of this year... they had most of the characters in 3 already, at least in terms of the anime. I haven't seen the series since the last non-filler arc ended.[/QUOTE]

Jiroubou, Kidoumaru, Tayuya, Sakon, Kimimaro, Asuma, Kurenai, Shizune, Kabuto, Kisame.

If they aren't in the 3rd game, then they could add those...

[quote name='Rig']Jiroubou, Kidoumaru, Tayuya, Sakon, Kimimaro, Asuma, Kurenai, Shizune, Kabuto, Kisame.

If they aren't in the 3rd game, then they could add those...[/QUOTE]
Most of those are pretty small cakes IMHO compared to the additions between 1 & 2 and 2 & 3, but any addition would be good. I'd love to see Kimimaro and Kabuto (which I'm surprised wasn't added in the last one). The rest are pretty eh.

I've played the first two extensively, and didn't much care for them at all. They were average, sluggish 3D fighting games, compounded by the problem that certain characters are incredibly unbalanced. I can see where Naruto fans might enjoy it, but regardless, the games are severely flawed as far as fighters go.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Most of those are pretty small cakes IMHO compared to the additions between 1 & 2 and 2 & 3, but any addition would be good. I'd love to see Kimimaro and Kabuto (which I'm surprised wasn't added in the last one). The rest are pretty eh.[/QUOTE]

I'd say everyone but the Sound 4 would be pretty good additions. But that's also cause I disliked the Sound 4 themselves. Kimimaro would be awesome to be, as could Kisame. Plus, I want to know more about Asuma and Kurenai, so that could be interesting if they added them. Though it'd be really interesting to see if they added in Mizuki's "new" form that he had recently in the anime. Add some change to him so he isn't just Iruka clone.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I wonder how (or even if) they'll implement Lee's new mode.[/QUOTE]

Lee magically finds a bottle of sake on the ground and it is accidentaly poured down his throat as he examines the bottle

I can't wait to see some actual info and screens, though I doubt the look will be much different as the screens of the first two games aren't much different from the 3rd game. The Sound 3 from the Chunnin Exams should be in there, the Sound 4 + Kimimaro, Kankuro's new puppet, and maybe Kabuto, add new moves like Chouji's Henin Pills, Lee's Sake, Sasuke's Second Form, and others, new stages such as some of the areas in the forest, the waterfall, the field where Kimimaro and Naruto fight, and maybe inside Orochimaru's place. There's lots of stuff to add to the already sturdy foundation of Naruto 3. 3's a great multiplayer game as it's easy to pick up and a great fighter.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I didnt see it listed in previous games, so I feel sarutobi sensei should be in it with genma[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd like to see him make it in, though he's not really a big enough character to make it in. Hell, if Mizuki can stay in the game, then he should be in, too.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I didnt see it listed in previous games, so I feel sarutobi sensei should be in it with genma[/QUOTE]

Sarutobi is in 3. I figure the Sound 4, Kimimaro, Kabuto (if there is justice), cursed seal sasuke, super chouji (it would be like Lee opening gates), drunken Lee would be added. Hopefully they don't drop characters, but if they do, get rid of Iruka/Mizuki. Nobody plays as them anyway.

they prob have this already, but it would be cool if they made a decent action adventure or RPG of Naruto up till the time skip, though it would be impossible for most of us to read it since we all know the story anyway I dont think it would be that bad.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']they prob have this already, but it would be cool if they made a decent action adventure or RPG of Naruto up till the time skip, though it would be impossible for most of us to read it since we all know the story anyway I dont think it would be that bad.[/QUOTE]
There's the GBA/DS series of RPGs.

Well, since my birthday is coming up shortly, I just preordered the game...my parents will just give me back money and count it as my present... Hopefully, this works with my older version of FreeLoader...

So, cursed Sasuke and the four Sound guys confirmed? From that alone, I think it's pretty obvious that Kimimaro will be in this one, which will most definitely be great. I don't think that alone is enough to get me to preorder tho... I wonder what other additions there will be.

Well the 4th game makes me feel a little better about not picking up a naruto game when I was in Hong Kong (But I did get Naruto keychains and other stuff). Maybe next time.

[quote name='62t']Well the 4th game makes me feel a little better about not picking up a naruto game when I was in Hong Kong (But I did get Naruto keychains and other stuff). Maybe next time.[/QUOTE]

I was on the fence for a long time, wondering if I should get Naruto 3....and then, this was finally announced. At least if they make the inevitable Naruto 5, I will have had 4 for as long as possible...

images from the game cause I know all u animaniacs cant get enough

media4un.jpg

media27js.jpg

media31vr.jpg

u can see the rest here http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3143855&Dispatch=Display

What kind of game is this again? I hear "fighting" but it seems the term is used losely. Is it like power stone or poy poy type thing?

[quote name='Weedy649']What kind of game is this again? I hear "fighting" but it seems the term is used losely. Is it like power stone or poy poy type thing?[/QUOTE]

:lol: I'm not even sure myself. I'm guessing a standard fighter, but I might be wrong. I'm just so anxious to play a Naruto game that I don't care what it is!

[quote name='Rig']:lol: I'm not even sure myself. I'm guessing a standard fighter, but I might be wrong. I'm just so anxious to play a Naruto game that I don't care what it is![/QUOTE]

LMAO. Well i suggest you get that Naruto game on sale for ps2 this week if thats the case. Cant go wrong for $30

[quote name='Weedy649']LMAO. Well i suggest you get that Naruto game on sale for ps2 this week if thats the case. Cant go wrong for $30[/QUOTE]

I've heard the GC's are better and easier to play with a Freeloader.

[quote name='Rig']:lol: I'm not even sure myself. I'm guessing a standard fighter, but I might be wrong. I'm just so anxious to play a Naruto game that I don't care what it is![/QUOTE]
It's a power stone kind of fighting game, where you have the arena with 2-4 contestant's battling it out. It's fun as hell and worth every penny. I've got to start saving up for this game, because it's going to be great.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a power stone kind of fighting game, where you have the arena with 2-4 contestant's battling it out. It's fun as hell and worth every penny. I've got to start saving up for this game, because it's going to be great.[/QUOTE]

Oh, good deal then, because I loved the Power Stones!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a power stone kind of fighting game, where you have the arena with 2-4 contestant's battling it out. It's fun as hell and worth every penny. I've got to start saving up for this game, because it's going to be great.[/QUOTE]

Though not as free. And no items/obstacles etc.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Though not as free. And no items/obstacles etc.[/QUOTE]

If youve played Tales of Symphonia, Naruto plays a lot like it in terms of you are targeting one person at a time and press a button (Z in this case) to change who youre facing.

It is NOT like Power Stone at all, whoever said that hasn't played the game :p.

Hopefully they fix some balance issues too, it was way too easy to exploit Shikamaru or whatever the shadow ninjas name is in NGT2/3.

[quote name='LaseK']It is NOT like Power Stone at all, whoever said that hasn't played the game :p.

Hopefully they fix some balance issues too, it was way too easy to exploit Shikamaru or whatever the shadow ninjas name is in NGT2/3.[/QUOTE]

Then how would you explain it? I've got plenty of time into the game to know what it feels like.

More of a fast-paced 3D fighter, more akin to a 2D fighter with 3D graphics. Definitely not like Power Stone...have you played Power Stone before? :)

Something like One Piece Grand Battle is much closer to Power Stone. Not only does Naruto lack any items or PS-like destructable environments, it also lacks free roaming gameplay (closer to Soul Cali's 8-way run system), and has a way higher emphasis on combos. PS has like, three pre-set combos.

[quote name='LaseK']More of a fast-paced 3D fighter, more akin to a 2D fighter with 3D graphics. Definitely not like Power Stone...have you played Power Stone before? :)

Something like One Piece Grand Battle is much closer to Power Stone. Not only does Naruto lack any items or PS-like destructable environments, it also lacks free roaming gameplay (closer to Soul Cali's 8-way run system), and has a way higher emphasis on combos. PS has like, three pre-set combos.[/QUOTE]

I own Power Stone, and it's the closest thing I could describe it as. I know there's no items or destructible enviroments, I should've added that since I didn't figure there'd be so much criticism on the obvious differences. I've described the game as more of a SSBM/Power Stone-type game minus items and destr. environments since it's not really needed. It's all about the combos and specials and the timing. It was a basic description, since it's not really like many fighters and is easy to get into if you're a newb. All examples spoken of are great games, just made a very basic description, which I feel covers the question of what the game is like.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but in my experiences with fighters, Power Stone and this are about as far apart as they get.

Still a great game, much better than Power Stone in almost every regard if you were to compare them, and very worth getting. Hopefully 4 lives up to 1, 2 & 3's legacy, as so far I believe it's the only anime that hasn't had a horrible game yet, although I haven't played Narultimate Hero.

Is there a set release date on this one yet? The "Dec 31 2005" that lik-sang has seems suspect, and we're hardly seen enough to make me think it's really coming out any sooner ...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Is there a set release date on this one yet? The "Dec 31 2005" that lik-sang has seems suspect, and we're hardly seen enough to make me think it's really coming out any sooner ...[/QUOTE]
:lol: The Dec. 31 is obviously a placement release date as nothing has been announced. I'm hoping it's sometime this year, though I don't know if and when I'll have the money for it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:lol: The Dec. 31 is obviously a placement release date as nothing has been announced. I'm hoping it's sometime this year, though I don't know if and when I'll have the money for it.[/QUOTE]

To me the Dec 31 says to expect it in maybe March or so, but maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic. :lol:

bread's done
Back