Hurricane Katrina

guyver2077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Well the hurricane came through miami as a category 1 and did alot of damage. There are still alot of parts without power and alot of places remain closed. Its now category 5 and on its way to new Orleans

strm12_strike_720x486.jpg

Well coming from random tourist arriving this coming Tuesday - Thank god it'll be mostly over by then!

Sorry about the job thing though

[quote name='guyver2077']damn finally back with power!!! i was without power for a full day!!!! I tell you it was complete hell[/QUOTE]

Oh, you poor thing. I was out for a week when Charley came along.

A day is nothing.

In Southwest Florida, my school was cancelled, and we didn't get shat today. Meh.

Yeah, Charlie entered Florida about 30 miles north of where I live. Pool cages all around my neighborhood caved in. Luckily we didn't get it TOO bad.

Be safe everyone in its path,,,

Hurricane Katrina is an extremely dangerous Category 5 storm on the Saffir-Simpson scale. Maximum sustained winds have now been greatly increased to 160 mph. Katrina continues not only grow stronger, but it continues to grow larger. Hurricane force winds extend 75 miles from the center in all but the southwest quadrant of the system. The center of Katrina was 275 miles from the mouth of the Mississippi River at 4am CDT, but the hurricane force winds are only 200 miles from the coast.

map_spectrop02_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg

A hurricane this strong hitting New Orleans, which is below sea level, will be extremely catastrophic. That's really too bad too cause New Orleans kicks ass and the people there are cool as all hell.

:pray: please hit new orleans, please hit new orleans. Please hit anything except the florida panhandle and come it southern georgia. please don't .

[quote name='mcgavin27']:pray: please hit new orleans, please hit new orleans. Please hit anything except the florida panhandle and come it southern georgia. plesae don't .[/QUOTE]

Take it like a man. Seriously, wishing that America's most awesome party capital gets decimated is grounds for expulsion from the US.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']A hurricane this strong hitting New Orleans, which is below sea level, will be extremely catastrophic. That's really too bad too cause New Orleans kicks ass and the people there are cool as all hell.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Thanks ;) I'll take that as a compliment.
People around here don't seem to concerned butI agree that this could be the one that does NO in - there's gonna be some serious damage.

I think we will be having New New Orleans within a few days.

But honestly are you people down there fucking stupid? A major hurricane was heading towards a city that is 6ft below sea level and people are told that they can leave if they want, but aren't making anyone. Then like all hurricanes it just grows to a monster and then the people are told to leave. What a great 12 hour warning for evacuating a major southern city.

Actually New Orleans is under a MANDATORY evacuation...I am here in Baton Rouge and luckily my parents were able to come up here. I am originally from New Orleans and I am praying that New Orleans does not get a direct hit...otherwise our house is gone...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Take it like a man. Seriously, wishing that America's most awesome party capital gets decimated is grounds for expulsion from the US.[/QUOTE]
I honestly don't want it to hit NO, but if it was them or me. I would have to have it them instead.

Wow, I live in Florida so I know what you're going through. We had so many close calls here last fall. The worst we had was flooded streets, power outages for a week or more, and down trees, but luckily no major damage where I live.

This is nothing to joke with. I wish all of you in the path the best of luck.

I certainly hope everyone was able to GTFO, cause this storm is nothing to play with. I have seen way too many jackasses on the news who don't seem to grasp the severity of the sitation. At the current moment I am watching Fox news and there are a couple of retards out on their jet skis with a bunch of huge waves.

[quote name='David85']I think we will be having New New Orleans within a few days.

But honestly are you people down there fucking stupid? A major hurricane was heading towards a city that is 6ft below sea level and people are told that they can leave if they want, but aren't making anyone. Then like all hurricanes it just grows to a monster and then the people are told to leave. What a great 12 hour warning for evacuating a major southern city.[/QUOTE]
Actually it's more like 12 feet under sea level.. but meh about the samething.
I wish you all the best of luck if you're in the path of that bad boy. You're gonna need it :).

Everyone take care down there. Went through Hugo and that was enough for me. Though it is always impressive how Mother Nature can be.

Pray for ya :pray:

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I certainly hope everyone was able to GTFO, cause this storm is nothing to play with. I have seen way too many jackasses on the news who don't seem to grasp the severity of the sitation. At the current moment I am watching Fox news and there are a couple of retards out on their jet skis with a bunch of huge waves.[/QUOTE]

Some of them Alabama rednecks!

j/k South Carolina rednecks are just as dumb.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Isn't Hulk Hogan like 80 years old?[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's original.

Why is that even still in your sig, Guyver, it was a week ago.. hope the storms aren't TOO bad when it hits here, I have class Tuesday morning ;/

Oh my god, they're saying winds are sustained at 179 mph now and STILL gaining strength, making it the most powerful storm in recorded history. This is turning into just about as worst case scenario as you can imagine. That thing is going to hit in just about the worst place possible. I hope everyone makes it out alright.

Jesus, when Katrina first formed didn't they say it wasn't going to get much stronger than a weak Cat 1?

They just said on Fox it may have 185 mph sustained winds with the next reading.

Anyone there please protect yourselves as best you can.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Jesus, when Katrina first formed didn't they say it wasn't going to get much stronger than a weak Cat 1?

They just said on Fox it may have 185 mph sustained winds with the next reading.

Anyone there please protect yourselves as best you can.[/QUOTE]

I think i heard that it wasn't supposed to get very big, too.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh my god, they're saying winds are sustained at 179 mph now and STILL gaining strength, making it the most powerful storm in recorded history. This is turning into just about as worst case scenario as you can imagine. That thing is going to hit in just about the worst place possible. I hope everyone makes it out alright.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that isn't good at all.

I saw on the news early yesterday that they didn't expect it to go above a cat. 4.

After it hits...CHEAP ASS LOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Scorch']holy crap, i'm going to die[/QUOTE]
:rofl: I don't know why, but that was just hilarious. Good luck to those in the path of the storm. Looks like we may be getting the tail end, which would be a good storm to end my stay here.

I still can't believe some of the people who don't want to leave. Get the fuck out! I have been through hurricanes, tornadoes, and blizzards...when mother nature decides to do her thing don't take stupid chances.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Damn, that's a big hurricane.

It isn't headed for Saucy Jack country, is it?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like it, but you never know. Keep an eye out anyway.

[quote name='rvdrock']Actually New Orleans is under a MANDATORY evacuation...I am here in Baton Rouge and luckily my parents were able to come up here. I am originally from New Orleans and I am praying that New Orleans does not get a direct hit...otherwise our house is gone...[/QUOTE]

Yes but only since this morning, so they gave 1.5 million people 12 hours warning to leave? That's fucking stupid. The Weather Channel has been reporting that winds might be at 185 now, and that the pressure is dropping which means it is gaining strength.

To me through it looks like the storm is going to go west of the city, but that's just me.

bread's done
Back