Mattel 'Aquarius'????

Eclipse

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just got back from a trip to Italy and remembered my find. I was wandering around in the basement at my grandparents house and was sorting out several boxes of junk to figure out their contents. Thing is, i found a shiny little metal box with a small latch on it. After opening it i found a really ooooold looking system called Mattel Aquarius...Ive never heard of such a thing. It had games with it like Tron: Deadly Disks and a game called 'Civilization', and several spell checkers, and math carts. it was labeled as an NTSC system. Its a really odd looking system with an even stranger control with a wierd rotatable dial, and numbers, plus some side buttons.

HAs anyone ever heard of such a system (never knew mattel had a videogame system)>?? I havent had much luck finding out what its worth online.

It was probably the european version of the Mattel Intelivision. That was the only system that Mattel made to my knowledge, and the description of the controller fits the INTV.

[quote name='Eclipse']...never knew mattel had a videogame system...[/quote]

Hehe your age is showing ;) Yes, the aquarius was sold in the us, as I had one myself.

Anyone ever play B17 bomber for Intellevision. This talk of Mattel reminded me of that great computer voice the used:
'Mattel Electronics presents: B17 Bomber"

Its a really odd looking system with an even stranger control with a wierd rotatable dial, and numbers, plus some side buttons.

HAs anyone ever heard of such a system (never knew mattel had a videogame system)>??

Young people are good for a chuckle every now and again.

[quote name='bfg9k']http://www.geocities.com/bfg9k/b17/[/quote]

Thanks that was fun to hear again. Maybe I will usurp my brothers Intellevision and play it again.

im an eighteen year old, very naive young'un. (dur dur)
Only system i was never familiar with was that damn Aquarius. Didnt know inteliivision was a product of mattel.

so im guessing the majority of you cag's are in your mid 30's. 40's???
rawr.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Didnt know inteliivision was a product of mattel.

HA! you meka me laugh again you young'un whippersnapper!

I doubt the MAJORITY is in their mid 30's, but I happen to be one of those aged gamers. Maybe we should make an old fart clan at CAG.

I'm only 23, but read through "Phoenix" about 10 times. It'll teach you alot. Trust me when I say I didn't know of the Aquarius either. Do your research and you'll leanr about a ton of systems you didn't know about.

Adventurevision? Check.

Studio II? Check?

TRS-80? Check.

Arcadia 2001? Check.

I picked up an Aquarius at Goodwill a couple of years ago for $10 (it was NIB) . . . sold it on ebay for $70 to some guy in Germany. He paid for the extra shipping . . . sent me $100 cash.

Anyway, I booted it up and messed around a little . . . but it didn't do much for me. (I'm 39, cut my teeth on Space Invaders when it was new and had an Atari 2600).

damn..pretty good deal....Doesnt seem like anyones selling it though. MAybe i should keep this hunk a junk around for a coupla more years.

That tron game rocks! Its completely retarded in concept (p-p-p-PONG!!)
but sorta fun.

bread's done
Back