Pawn Shops rock!

Gameboy415

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Man am I glad I decided to pop in the Pawn shop today.

I was checking out their DVD selection and found a NEW, SEALED copy of The Two Towers extended cut. I asked the clerk how much it was and he said....

$12!!!!!!!

WOO! So naturally I bought it and saved a hefty $18 off retail. Good stuff.

They had a decent game selection too, but there was nothing of interest that I already didn't own.

Yeah pawn shops are great. I've only actually been to one but I got a new 20 inch apex tv there for $90 and phantasy star I and II for GC when it was new for 14 bucks.

Chrono Trigger =6
Super Mario RPG =6
Platinum Wavebird=10
Ninja Gaiden II=2.50
Metal Gear=2.50

Those are my pawn shop finds

the only thing I question would be the wavebird as it was the only thing in the whole store game wise worth a dam

the others were found in boxes and stacks of carts

I don't know of any decent pawn shops anywhere near me, unfortunately. I think I've seen on driving out on Long Island, and a few while walking around in NYC, but that's about it.

well ive called all pawn shops in NYC and none sell game stuff like that all jewelry. I hate that. I want cheap games.

go to evo as they are cheaper then J&L. Also if you want damn good dim sum go to Jing Fong on the same street. Best Dim sum in NY.

ya i know about that one. That place is so over priced. I cant believe how bad it is. They still had counterstrike foir 40 the other day.

Sure thing: Evo 13-17 elizabeth street in elizabeth center basement unit # 21 phone number: 212-219-3768

J&L 28 elizabeth street
phone number 212-233-3399

No prob. BTW, since this is CHEAPASSgamer when you go to evo if you bring cash talk the guys there down a little bit. They'll always cave in a few dollars.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']No prob. BTW, since this is CHEAPASSgamer when you go to evo if you bring cash talk the guys there down a little bit. They'll always cave in a few dollars.[/quote]

Good advice for anyone going to a pawn shop or a flea market. This works especially good if your buying more than one item.

The pawnshops that I've been to in Nashville suck for games. I did get 10 cds for $10 at one a couple of weeks ago, but none of the ones I've been to have any idea what the games are worth. I went to one yesterday that had a beat up copy of Billy Hatcher for $20, and a used GBA SP for the low low bargain price of $100. They also had one season of 24 for $50, I think (it was that or more, I just remember laughing out loud when I saw the price).

is it safe to assume that 90% of the stuff in pawn shops are stolen. With that being said I got socom 1 w/mic, and socom 2 for 20 dollars from a pawn shop. It was obvious they don't know much about games as socom 2 and hard hitting tennis were the same price.

bread's done
Back