Rhino B2G1 Labor Day Weekend

this so sucks. There are a few games i wanted to pick up but i am saving my money for a concert later in september. choices, choices :whistle2:k

[quote name='mcgavin27']this so sucks. There are a few games i wanted to pick up but i am saving my money for a concert later in september. choices, choices :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

What band? Or concert?

[quote name='aoLat']What band? Or concert?[/QUOTE]
ska is dead 3. The bands will be Streetlight Manifesto, The Toasters, PlanetSmashers, Know How, and supervillians.

[quote name='Seventh']^^^^

From Connecticut and have never heard of Rhino.[/QUOTE]
it is a local video game store from the southeast. Tennesse, georgia, florida, alabama, and the carolinas. They have good trade in prices, a awesome trade in deal (trade 2 get 1) and are normal just nice stores.

[quote name='mcgavin27']it is a local video game store from the southeast. Tennesse, georgia, florida, alabama, and the carolinas. They have good trade in prices, a awesome trade in deal (trade 2 get 1) and are normal just nice stores.[/QUOTE]

*buzzer* Wrong. It's not just in the southeast, it's sprinkled across the US. www.rhinovideogames.com

There's some in Utah, Colorado, Texas, Iowa, Missouri, and Louisiana, in addition to the states you mentioned.

[quote name='Scorch']*buzzer* Wrong. It's not just in the southeast, it's sprinkled across the US. www.rhinovideogames.com

There's some in Utah, Colorado, Texas, Iowa, Missouri, and Louisiana, in addition to the states you mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Mostly in hillbilly type towns, they are trying to corner the rural market, and doing a pretty good job with it. I going to take full advantage of this sale and trade in qualifying titles back to them for future prebooks... namely RS4:L amoung others

Maybe in your area. In CO, they just seem to be a replacement for the nonexistant GameRush stores. The selection is nice but the newer the stuff, the worse the price...

[quote name='Scorch']*buzzer* Wrong. It's not just in the southeast, it's sprinkled across the US. www.rhinovideogames.com

There's some in Utah, Colorado, Texas, Iowa, Missouri, and Louisiana, in addition to the states you mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Owned by Blockbuster... the one cool thing about Rhino is that you can return your game if you don't like it for full store credit.

[quote name='Starky27']Maybe in your area. In CO, they just seem to be a replacement for the nonexistant GameRush stores. The selection is nice but the newer the stuff, the worse the price...[/QUOTE]

Well, their 2-for-1 deal makes them the cheapest place to get any new release that I know of. Especially if you keep your eyes open for deals on qualifying games at other stores.

well they used to be southeast until blockbuster bought them. Now, they are taking some gamerush territories in utah, texas, and such.

[quote name='sying']Mostly in hillbilly type towns, they are trying to corner the rural market, and doing a pretty good job with it. I going to take full advantage of this sale and trade in qualifying titles back to them for future prebooks... namely RS4:L amoung others[/QUOTE]

Hillbilly type towns huh? Is that why there are 5 of them located in or around Jacksonville, the very place you are located?

I disagree. If by hillbilly town, he meant a town full of rednecks, then I can confirm there's more rednecks in Jacksonville per capita than almost any other city in the U.S.

[quote name='Tenacious D']I disagree. If by hillbilly town, he meant a town full of rednecks, then I can confirm there's more rednecks in Jacksonville per capita than almost any other city in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

=/ Why all the hate on jax? There is a lot of rural area in the city limits, but that's just because it's absolutly huge.

The weather's mostly nice, the traffic at it's worst is nothing like Atlanta or any larger place and it's got two public high schools in the top ten. It's certainly not a metropolis, but it's also no Palatka.

PS, While Rhino's may be good for trades, it's preorder system was non existant last I checked (loose your receipt, loose your cash), and they also sell pirated game and anime OST's. They're one of the last places I'd want to give any of my money.

If you're looking for a more interesting used game store in Jax, try Game Force in Arlington. They've got a full range of games from 8bit to current and any place that has Die Hard Arcade on quarter play is A-Ok in my book.

[quote name='hooo']PS, While Rhino's may be good for trades, it's preorder system was non existant last I checked (loose your receipt, loose your cash), and they also sell pirated game and anime OST's. They're one of the last places I'd want to give any of my money.[/QUOTE]

That's not a problem for us organized people. They don't sell pirated games.

[quote name='hooo']

PS, While Rhino's may be good for trades, it's preorder system was non existant last I checked (loose your receipt, loose your cash), and they also sell pirated game and anime OST's. They're one of the last places I'd want to give any of my money.

[/QUOTE]

you've got to be kind of stupid if you "loose" your receipt on a preorder, plus Rhino would never sell pirated games. i love rhino and prefer to do business with them over EB or GS.

[quote name='hooo']

[/QUOTE]

My Rhino does not sell anime OST's at all and they especially don't sell bootlegs. Have you ever even been to the store or do you think it's cool to just make up random things?

[quote name='Starky27']Maybe in your area. In CO, they just seem to be a replacement for the nonexistant GameRush stores. The selection is nice but the newer the stuff, the worse the price...[/QUOTE]

You live near the Arvada one by chance?

I love this store(thanks scorch for telling me about this). Does anyone know how often they update there prices? I have a SRS and KoF:MI that i'm gonna trade in that barely qualifies for the Trade2G1 promo

[quote name='Odenat']I love this store(thanks scorch for telling me about this). Does anyone know how often they update there prices? I have a SRS and KoF:MI that i'm gonna trade in that barely qualifies for the Trade2G1 promo[/QUOTE]

Usually once a week.

Because I don't want to start a new thread, or bump an old one, ill ask it here.
So, if I walk into Rhino, and I see one of their games is more than 24.99(or can it be equal?), and then later, I see another that sell for more than 24.99, I can safely assume that I can trade those in?

Also, I've only been to Rhino twice, so is there some place online that has a price list, or will I just have to ask in-store/call in for prices?

[quote name='moojuice']Because I don't want to start a new thread, or bump an old one, ill ask it here.
So, if I walk into Rhino, and I see one of their games is more than 24.99(or can it be equal?), and then later, I see another that sell for more than 24.99, I can safely assume that I can trade those in?

Also, I've only been to Rhino twice, so is there some place online that has a price list, or will I just have to ask in-store/call in for prices?[/QUOTE]

No. Just because you see them selling something for $24.99 does not mean it will qualify. Up until recently they were selling used copies of the punisher for $24.99. I took my copy in to trade and it was worth $8.00, not qualifying for the deal. And no, they don't have an online price list.

[quote name='Odenat']I love this store(thanks scorch for telling me about this). Does anyone know how often they update there prices? I have a SRS and KoF:MI that i'm gonna trade in that barely qualifies for the Trade2G1 promo[/QUOTE]

SRS has not worked in over 4 months. I tried it back in May.

[quote name='mtxbass1']SRS has not worked in over 4 months. I tried it back in May.[/QUOTE]

hrm it worked for me today i traded thoose two games and got a stella deus

[quote name='Tenacious D']I disagree. If by hillbilly town, he meant a town full of rednecks, then I can confirm there's more rednecks in Jacksonville per capita than almost any other city in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

You must not have ever been here (Alabama) or Arkansas....

And Rhino was for a good while only a Southeastern chain (I used to have a part time job their for extra cash). If they've expanded, then it must be through recent acquisitions.

The preorder bit isn't a question of organization or not. It's a question of whether or not I'm actually guaranteed a copy if I do preorder. If they don't keep a record of the fact that I made a preorder, they certainly can't order extra copies of the game because of my purchase. I was outright refused when I tried to preorder a copy of Disgaea as they didn't plan on getting any in. I was going to prepurchase a copy of that and pikmin 2, but after realizing how their preorder system worked for games other than madden, I decided against it. If I'm going to preorder a game, it's going to be one that's of a limited run, and if Rhino won't even let me do that, then what's the point?

[quote name='mtxbass1']My Rhino does not sell anime OST's at all and they especially don't sell bootlegs. Have you ever even been to the store or do you think it's cool to just make up random things?[/QUOTE]

And what's your problem again? If you're in jax, try the one on 103rd. All their OST's are either SonMay's or EverAnime's last I checked. Both of which are HK pirates (If an anime ost costs you less than $30, it's prolly a fake). I don't go there often as it's a bit out of the way, but as most people have no clue that the cd's are fakes, so I doubt they've stopped.

As for the accusation of pirated games, some of you need to brush up on your reading comprehension. I'd expect at least a high school reading level, but maybe that's asking too much. Notice that I said "pirated game and anime OST's" and not "pirated games and anime OST's". Besides, I'd be surprised if a Rhino employee refuse to accept a fake gba cart if one was traded in. I doubt that most employees even know how to spot one (the same goes for EB/Gamestop etc so don't take it took personally)

[quote name='hooo']
And what's your problem again? If you're in jax, try the one on 103rd. All their OST's are either SonMay's or EverAnime's last I checked. Both of which are HK pirates (If an anime ost costs you less than $30, it's prolly a fake). I don't go there often as it's a bit out of the way, but as most people have no clue that the cd's are fakes, so I doubt they've stopped.

As for the accusation of pirated games, some of you need to brush up on your reading comprehension. I'd expect at least a high school reading level, but maybe that's asking too much. Notice that I said "pirated game and anime OST's" and not "pirated games and anime OST's". Besides, I'd be surprised if a Rhino employee refuse to accept a fake gba cart if one was traded in. I doubt that most employees even know how to spot one (the same goes for EB/Gamestop etc so don't take it took personally)[/QUOTE]

Who said I have any sort of problem? I have no problems at all with the Rhino(s) that I go to. Everytime I go they are highly organized, friendly, and often stock hard to find games and other items. I would much rather give them my business than say EBGames or Gamestop.

Oh, as far as "brushing up" on reading comprehension, you might want to "brush up" on your spelling. "so don't take it took personally"

I didn't mean to imply that you had a problem with Rhino's, but instead with life and living. =P

?_? And what did I misspell? Other than maybe SonMay (nope, looks like I got that too). Those dirty pirates should be happy I took the time to check the spelling on their name.

[quote name='Skylander7']And Rhino was for a good while only a Southeastern chain (I used to have a part time job their for extra cash). If they've expanded, then it must be through recent acquisitions.[/QUOTE]

there's a rhino in montgomery? where is it located?

[quote name='hooo']I didn't mean to imply that you had a problem with Rhino's, but instead with life and living. =P
[/QUOTE]

How do my comments about Rhino not carrying pirated games have anything to do with life or living? How are the two even relevant to each other?

[quote name='hooo']
?_? And what did I misspell? Other than maybe SonMay (nope, looks like I got that too). Those dirty pirates should be happy I took the time to check the spelling on their name.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hooo']
I doubt that most employees even know how to spot one (the same goes for EB/Gamestop etc so don't take it took personally)[/QUOTE]

There's your bolded spelling error. Perhaps you "take it took personally".

[quote name='moojuice']That's not a spelling error...[/QUOTE]

Did you read the sentence?

It is a spelling error because he meant to type "too" and typed "took" instead. Too is not spelled took.

[quote name='mtxbass1']There's your bolded spelling error. Perhaps you "take it took personally".[/QUOTE]
;) That's correctly spelled, it's just the wrong word. Don't know how I missed it in my proof reading. :shrug:

[quote name='mtxbass1']Have you ever even been to the store or do you think it's cool to just make up random things?[/QUOTE]
Calling me a liar isn't cool. I don't particularly appreciate it and it's sad that you consider that accusation of so little consequence. If you disagree when my opinion, please I'm all for knowing about it. If you call be a liar because of some personal bias or problem, then you're either a jerk, young, or both. I'll assume young as it seems the most likely.

PS spellbound for firefox and spellcheck.net rox0r

[quote name='munch']there's a rhino in montgomery? where is it located?[/QUOTE]

It's located over near Circuit City and Wynnsong by Montgomery Mall. It's actually in that Wal Mart shopping center behind TGIFriday's. Have you checked out the Rhino in Auburn? It's a virtual rare-PS1 game motherload. They had both Suiko II and Valkyrie Profile last time I stopped in before a proper shitfacing up there.

[quote name='Skylander7']It's located over near Circuit City and Wynnsong by Montgomery Mall. It's actually in that Wal Mart shopping center behind TGIFriday's. Have you checked out the Rhino in Auburn? It's a virtual rare-PS1 game motherload. They had both Suiko II and Valkyrie Profile last time I stopped in before a proper shitfacing up there.[/QUOTE]

The manager of the Montgomery store bought that Suikoden II in Auburn. And he's told me about it the past 3 times I've been in. *grumble* Don't get me wrong, he's a cool guy - but I WANT that game! He said it was mint/complete too, and cost him just over $40 after his employee discount. Wrong, I tell you!

[quote name='Skylander7']It's located over near Circuit City and Wynnsong by Montgomery Mall. It's actually in that Wal Mart shopping center behind TGIFriday's. Have you checked out the Rhino in Auburn? It's a virtual rare-PS1 game motherload. They had both Suiko II and Valkyrie Profile last time I stopped in before a proper shitfacing up there.[/QUOTE]

the suikoden II was discs only, and i think the valkyrie profile was the same way, though i'm not sure. they also have/had both lunars. i'm not into rpgs, or selling games on ebay, so i didn't bite.

[quote name='munch']the suikoden II was discs only, and i think the valkyrie profile was the same way, though i'm not sure. they also have/had both lunars. i'm not into rpgs, or selling games on ebay, so i didn't bite.[/QUOTE]

I've outgrown them for the most part, random battles just aren't for me in my old age. Here's to hoping GA Tech gets slaughtered this weekend though.

I'm pretty curious as to how the EB stores in town will fare after the Gamestop acquisition. We have three here.. I'm wondering if any of them will shut down.

Where's that new Target located? I haven't been to Auburn/Opelika in at least 2 months.

bread's done
Back