looking for cheapass manga

Check Half.com. They have some new ones slightly less than retail. You're still looking at around 10 dollars a volume, though. There's nowhere that has it radically cheaper, so if you like the series, get used to paying that much for it.

Honestly? Your best bet is too find a comic book shop in your area and take advantage of their sales when they come (50% off, buy one get one free, etc).

Book Stores like Borders always have a healtly stock of jpn comics in but I've never come across any specials or sales for them at that place.

Overstock.com is a hit-or-miss, depending on what you're looking for. Plus, the shipping is cheap and you can't go wrong there.

Gamestop is having a 50% off all manga sale. I bought a lot from there already. You might also wanna try this site, but I can't tell you how reliable it is since i never ordered from there, or if their products are even real.

Anyone know why mangas are so expensive? I mean, as far as I can see, the only real work being done is translating from japanese to english, printing the translated pages, and shipping them to retailers. There's no artists or writers to be paid since they're already paid for the authentic versions.

My comic shop up here has a bin full of manga graphic novels. I have gotten GTO, Initial D, and Astro boy so far. They are $5 each and buy 2 get 1 free. It is a GREAT deal! If you want me to possibly pick something up for you pm me.

Bruce I sent you a PM and WR thanx for the info for gamestop, we have one nearby that has lots of manga. Thanx again.

[quote name='whitereflection']Anyone know why mangas are so expensive? I mean, as far as I can see, the only real work being done is translating from japanese to english, printing the translated pages, and shipping them to retailers. There's no artists or writers to be paid since they're already paid for the authentic versions.[/quote]

:roll: If that was the case then the US distributors would be nothing buy professional pirates. To be legit, they have to PAY for a license to sell the product.

As for deals, Froogle owns you. You won't find many deals, but occasionally you'll find some time limited offers. Rightstuf has had some nice ones over the past few months.

http://www.google.com/froogle?q=dnangel&btnG=Search+Froogle&scoring=p

bread's done
Back