watch out for this seller...

It's fraud. Pure and simple.

The question you have to ask yourself is this: will the buyer be getting a "Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP - Handheld game system ..." or not?

I'd report this to ebay, except they make the process extremely painful and take a looong time to get around to doing anything.

[quote name='crickett003']Buy It Now for $45?!
$7 shipping for a fucking box!!?

Bastard.[/QUOTE]

the buy it now makes it more beleivable

[quote name='crickett003']Buy It Now for $45?!
$7 shipping for a fucking box!!?

Bastard.[/QUOTE]

I would say that it's not misleading because it says two times that its for the box only. However I am going to say it's misleading because of the price. I think the seller is thinking that someone will get excited by the price and the BIN then they get a box a week later and get mad then the seller tells them to read the description.

There's also the fact that he takes the time to list it under the gaming section, under GBA, and even lists the format as NTSC. You could pin him on that, even if he manages to slither his way out of fraud in every other respect.

At first, I was going to side with the seller on this one, and tell you guys you should get one of his BIN Summer's Eve Products Coupons (good deal, btw) :) until I saw the NEW listing he has for the COBALT BLUE GBA....

You know what this fucker did now?!? he used the stock photo as the one that shows up in the listings page instead of the box pic! So it says "Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP - Handheld game system ..." as the Title, AND shows this as the picture:
97_7.JPG

I truly can't believe that. It's not until you open the auction page to see the real item for sale:
7e_2.JPG

They DEFINTELY should not be using stock info for the SP when they're only selling the box...He's got a PSP box up for sale as well, but it says box in the title...not so for the SPs....he's definitely eBay Phishing for an unsuspecting kid.:shame:

Good call, OP.

EDIT: now he's begun listing GBA game boxes like THUG 2 for $7 BIN w/$5 shipping...:wall:

I've seen this stuff a lot, almost got me too. Went to buy a Ngage QD for $120 shipped off some ebayer, btw this was when they were going for $200, then read more closely and found out that it was for box only........what assholes now adays!

I'm not sure if it's just eBay Legend or not, but this kind of stuff all started with the story of the guy selling a big-screen TV. he said something to the effect of "what you see is what you get". His listing picture was the aformentioned BSTV, but when the "item" was delivered, it was simply the picture of the BSTV.

I think they should remove the stock picture ability. If you can't take pictures of your stuff you shouldn't even be selling .

[quote name='piscian18']I think they should remove the stock picture ability. If you can't take pictures of your stuff you shouldn't even be selling .[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Digital Cameras are as low as $30, and most cell phones now come standard with them. Ahh, I remember years ago (8+) always using my scanner...Try scanning a N64!

[quote name='piscian18']I think they should remove the stock picture ability. If you can't take pictures of your stuff you shouldn't even be selling .[/QUOTE]

If I have 50 current gen games, it's much easier to just use the stock photo instead of individually taking pics (plus it saves money, since I don't have to buy new batteries for my camera). And with newer games, the price isn't really affected by a stock photo.

Though, to the person complaining about the stock photo being in the gallery, if you use the stock info but upload your own pic, the default image for the gallery is still the stock photo.

this guy should have listed the bin for 25...and get the quick sale, it be better if it was an ebgames or other type of retail employee selling tons o demo boxes

these people always come across as being a little pathetic. someone with an extra ebay account that they don't use should buy it now and then never respond to the seller's emails.

[quote name='gizmogc']Agreed. Digital Cameras are as low as $30, and most cell phones now come standard with them. Ahh, I remember years ago (8+) always using my scanner...Try scanning a N64![/QUOTE]

Oh I dunno, some asshats would just steal the photos of others rather than take their own if there weren't stock photos to use. I despise those shitheads.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']to the person complaining about the stock photo being in the gallery, if you use the stock info but upload your own pic, the default image for the gallery is still the stock photo.[/QUOTE]

During the auction setup, there's a check-box for the "use stock photo in gallery". It would be fine if the stock photo is what you're ACTUALLY SELLING, but in this case, the stock pic was the GBA itself, nothing to do with the item for sale. They definitely should have unchecked the "use stock in gallery" option.

bread's done
Back