What is most you are willing to spend on the PS3?

Explosion

CAGiversary!
I'm trying to get all the consoles when they launch. I think the most I would spend on the PS3 is $500, but I might go further if necessary....

I am planning to pick it up as soon as it's out in Japan.
I am guessing system + games + expensive express shipping = 1000-1300+ :cool:

I'm thinking 1 system this generation, and that's the 360. Eventually I'll get all 3, but nowhere near launch. As long as Oblivion stays true to the past Elder Scrolls games, I won't even notice.

Not enough info for me to make a decison about ps3, With the xbox 360 I'm sorta dissapointed with the launch info so far so i'm gonna prolly wait for a price drop on this. Plus I have a huge backlog of games that I need to get to for this gen of consoles so that should keep me busy for awhile

To be honest, I voted $500 but I will go higher if necessary. I have a lot of time to save up so I guess it wouldn't be an issue, it's just that I'll have to skip the 360 to be able to afford this if it is as expensive as they say. I have so many PS1/2 games and the PSP connectivity and especially the BluRay aspect are what's drawing me to this. That and the fact I'm a major Sony fanboy.

Only console I'm getting at launch is the Revolution. Nintendo always has a bunch of great First Party titles. I was going to get the 360 at lauch but now I'm just going to wait for the first price drop unless I get a better job before it comes out. and Just like the PS2 the only reason I'll get a PS3 is for Final Fantasy. And if the rumors are true and Square is going Mult-console I have one less reason to buy a PS3. But I might get one once it drops to $200 or enough Exclusive titles come out that I want. I don't care about Blu-Ray and I have a stupid New Slim PS2 cause my first PS2 died.

[quote name='TimPV3']To be honest, I voted $500 but I will go higher if necessary. I have a lot of time to save up so I guess it wouldn't be an issue, it's just that I'll have to skip the 360 to be able to afford this if it is as expensive as they say. I have so many PS1/2 games and the PSP connectivity and especially the BluRay aspect are what's drawing me to this. That and the fact I'm a major Sony fanboy.[/QUOTE]

What you said got me thinking. I wonder if Sony is trying to make people think the PS3 will be expensive so people will save their money by not buying an Xbox 360.

I dunno :/

I would spend up to $500. I'm still not sure if I'll get it at launch or not, just depends on what the launch titles are. Lets hope they don't ship the system with those assy looking controllers we saw at E3.

I put 400. The reason why is because I won the X-box 360 through mountain dew so I will have some money saved up for this. If I didnt win the contest I would have voted for 300 at the most.

[quote name='Explosion']What you said got me thinking. I wonder if Sony is trying to make people think the PS3 will be expensive so people will save their money by not buying an Xbox 360.

I dunno :/[/QUOTE]
That doesn't sound like a very good strategy...I think people are just as likely to decide to get the X360 if they think it will be cheaper.
On the other hand, I would believe what I think some Microsoft person said about the possibility of Sony saying that so Microsoft would price their console higher...
EDIT: and I voted $100...so yeah, I'll be waiting awhile...

if costs are above $400, im going to say screw it and just spend the money upgrading my computer
I stay by my word that this looks like it will be one of the worst, bloodiest, and most pointless console wars. Meanwhile, I'll be sitting there laughing at you all while downloading mods and getting the most out of my $50 or less games

I think I'll be waiting until the PS4 comes out. I don't have a PS2 or an XBox yet, so I think I'll pick up one or both of those when the next gen comes out, and that should hold me over until the next-next-gen or the Revolution, which I'm expecting to be cheaper and planning to pick up before a 360 or PS3. If it isn't cheaper, I'll be perfectly content with this gen still.

Most I'm willing to spend for any console for this coming generation is $399.99 +tax. If PS3 is more I will not buy it until its under $400. Buying it at a higher price than that tells Sony that its OK for their future consoles to be priced at that level or higher since people will still buy it even with a huge price increase.

I'm probably going to do it the same way it happend this generation. First the Xbox, then the revolution. Then maybe the ps3 if I win it. I won a slim ps2 from the Mcdonalds PSP promotion. I just got an email that they shipped it on the 16th.

Anyone know of any good ps2 games that are Not multiplatform? I mostly like first person shooters. God of war looks like it might be good. I never really like final fantasy (tried 7 for psone, never could get in to it). Action games like Psi-Ops or All Humans Must Die are usually good too (but those are multiplatform). I'll usually get the xbox version of multiplatform games cause they usually have better graphics. [Off topic, I know].

By the way, if they had a $100 or less I would have voted for that.

$400 i refuse to pay more for it than it would be to get a 360. Although I will definetly wait a few months to ensure the first batch of consoles don't have a DRE like tendency to make me worry about the purchase.

I said $300 but I will most likely wait a while before I get anything in this generation. I may pick up a Revolution if it can come in around $200 or $250. Although I have been better about finishing games lately I still have a good backlog to go through as well. It seems like there is just way too many games to buy and play these days. I'm not complaining but I think I won't have as hard of a time holding off this gen.

I'll be waiting until they put out PS3 version 1.1 or 1.2. You know, the models that won't have DRE's or short life spans. :)

[quote name='Kain Vincent']I got PSone/PS2 and GBA games to beat, the next gen is a long way away for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this. I have around 40 PS1/PS2 games that I am just now getting around to playing. Ah well, that just means we can snag the next-gen games at our lesiure for less money. :)

I find it interesting that a lot of people put down $400, especially given the nature of this site. Maybe Microsoft was successful in raising the price tolerance after all. Traditionally, $300 is the assumed cut off point for consumers.

I think the hype and excitement overrides most peoples frugal natures. The closest I have gotten a system to its launch is 4 months which I did for the ps2. Since I don't have an XBox I may break that rule for the 360 if enough of the xbox games I didn't get to (Jade Empire, KOTOR 2, Ninja Gaiden black, HL 2 and BF 2) are able to be played on the 360. The only launch game that has my interest is Perfect dark and with Rare's recent history I'd have to wait on reviews for it.

I said $200, but that's mainly because I haven't seen or heard anything about the system that would make it worth more than that. C'mon Sony! Wow us!

it all depends on the launch titles, if there is an amazing game out there, id probably do 400, at the most, 500 with a game or two, but theyd have to be some killer apps, and what have console launches taught us, never killer apps on launch.

I'd spend $300 at the most, slim chance I'd go $400. But hell, I've owned a Gamecube since Christmas 2001, and I just got a PS2 early last month. I'm actually fine with what I got.

It does seem that there is a strong number of folks that would make it seem that this generation still has too much life left in it.

I would like to see Sony push back the launch to at least Christmas 06, if not Spring 07 (that is, if they are still actually considering early 06). Of course this would be more likely if they saw the 360 flop.

Unless Im thoroughly convinced its a deal, and that it has supreme ass kicking power, no more than $500, unless MGS4 is a launch title, In which case I might new to open up a new mortgage

$400 would be the absolute max, and it would have to have an amazing launch lineup. If it's a lineup like PS2 (mediocre) I would say $300

I'm prepared to go broke on buying this console and all its attachments and games. But then again i gotta save some money for the Revolution when it comes out!:roll:

bread's done
Back