Reservationrewards.com troubles(mentions EBgames.com)

Recently I signed up at Reservationrewards.com after buying a game at ebgames.com since it mentioned a free $10 gift voucher on the online order form. Recently I found out that $18 mysteriously was missing from my account and that I was in the red. I found out that it was from that site. I contacted them about and cancelled after them saying they charge a $9 monthly free(which isn't even worth it from what I've seen). I asked them how they got my card number, they said from ebgames.com ( :evil: ). Before hanging up, they refunded the $18, but refused to pay the daily overdraft fee(which I've contacted the BBB about).

I immediately called ebgames.com customer service. I told them about it and they denied it(which they do have your card number since a manager confirmed it). I asked for a manager which I told had no right to give my number out(which he finally gave in and said they gave it to a affliate). They apolgized for the inconvenience and would ship me a $20 gift voucher for my trouble. I cancelled my card soon after calling them. Just remember this if you are tempting the thought of the $10 online gift voucher from them.

No offense, but it says when you sign up that there is a monthly fee. From what it sounds like, you didn't notice this until 3 months after you signed up for it (2 months you were charged for + 1 that was free). It is very messed up though that they gave your credit card number.

That's the thing, when I signed up, they mentioned no monthly fee on the site. It advertised a free account, nothing about a $9 monthly charge. I make sure I read everything on the page before signing up for something.

[quote name='supermariomelee']That's the thing, when I signed up, they mentioned no monthly fee on the site. It advertised a free account, nothing about a $9 monthly charge. I make sure I read everything on the page before signing up for something.[/quote]

Ya, but there is always a line you agree to out terms of service, and in there is the fee. I got hit with that from IGn a coupla years ago.

I'm pretty sure at the bottom of the page in very small text it says something about a 30 day trial and then you will be charged. I'd check myself but that involves making an order with money I don't feel like spending.

I swear that this entire issue was covered months back when people got banned from the site for things they did related to this deal.

[quote name='JSweeney']I swear that this entire issue was covered months back when people got banned from the site for things they did related to this deal.[/quote]
That was when people signed up for tons of them. People were blackmarked on ebgames.com and people who sold on this site were banned.

[quote name='ex0'][quote name='JSweeney']I swear that this entire issue was covered months back when people got banned from the site for things they did related to this deal.[/quote]
That was when people signed up for tons of them. People were blackmarked on ebgames.com and people who sold on this site were banned.[/quote]

Yes, but the recurring cost and the nature of the program were mentioned then as well... and there were people that had the exact same problem back then.

It tells you that if you don't cancel it before the 30 day period is up, then you will be charged a $9 monthly fee. Gotta read things. Plus it tells you that they are using the credit card number that you just used to complete your purchase on EB games. It's all there.

[quote name='PapiChullo']It tells you that if you don't cancel it before the 30 day period is up, then you will be charged a $9 monthly fee. Gotta read things. Plus it tells you that they are using the credit card number that you just used to complete your purchase on EB games. It's all there.[/quote]
Yep. I went on their site and cancelled that day.

It's not a scam. Read the damn thing you are signing up for. It clearly states that it is a 30 day free trial, and that they will be getting your info from EBGames - that's why you don't have to fill out any personal info other than your email. You agree for you card to be charged and for EBGames to give them that information when you click yes to get your $10 code. The sad part is that it's an easy online cancellation, and you don't even have to call a number and wait on hold to cancel, so that makes you both lazy and stupid.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

[quote name='MightySlacker']It's not a scam. Read the damn thing you are signing up for. It clearly states that it is a 30 day free trial, and that they will be getting your info from EBGames - that's why you don't have to fill out any personal info other than your email. You agree for you card to be charged and for EBGames to give them that information when you click yes to get your $10 code. The sad part is that it's an easy online cancellation, and you don't even have to call a number and wait on hold to cancel, so that makes you both lazy and stupid.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.[/quote]

Yeah, it takes all of about 30 seconds, and it's done, and they send you a confirmation, and that's the end of it.

LOL, i think i got blackballed by ebgames, they cancelled my order for buy1get1 a while back. I used the one(it says one coupone per household) on a Dreamcast system, but they sent me a dreamcast with a dead battery so I got pissed and and used 7 more codes. They said they would have reimbursed me for shipping the dreamcast back to them but this was much more satisfying. I got a $10 N64 and some cheap games.

bread's done
Back