$14.88 WalMart game blowout.

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Just a quick heads up.

Word came down today that the WM home office will drop a lot of videogame price changes on 9/1/05 to $14.88 for a "Videogame Blowout".

Seeing how these are price changes being sent out by the home office this shouldnt be YMMV.

If I can get a list together I will.This may be big it may be not much at all but you at least have a heads up.

List from MY store.These prices will be in effectn at ALL stores.WM price changes are sent to stores based on what is in their inventory.

So once again this is just ONE store,but the price changes are nationwide.Your store could have more at this price.

GBA-Pac Man Collection
GCN-Baten Kaitos
XBX-Return to Castle Wolfenstein
PS2-Spiderman
XBX-Cabelas Deer Hunt
XBX-Cabelas Dangerous Hunts
XBX-Shrek 2
XBX-Morrowind
GBA-Astroboy
PS2-Astroboy
PS2-Sega Superstars
XBX-Silent Hill 4
PS2-Yugioh Duel
PS2-Megaman X
PS2-VJ2
GCN-VJ2
PS2-MM Anniversary Collection
XBX-MM Anniversary Collection
GCN-MM Anniversary Collection
XBX-SNK vs Capcom
PS2-Parrapa 2
PS2-Wild Arms 3
PS2-Athens 2004
PS2-World Tour Soccer
XBX-Mechassault 2 LE
XBX-Brute Force
PS2-Star Trek Voyager
PS2-Front Mission 4

PS2-Cold Fear
PS2-XBX LOTR TT
XBX-PS2 Def Jam Vendetta
PS2-Arcade Treasures 2
XBX-NBA Ballers
GBA-Banjo Pilot
PS2-Constantine
GBA-GT Advance 3

XBX,PS2,GCN-007 Nightfire,MOH Frontline,Bond:AUF,007:Nightfire,NBA Street

Once again,I said these are NATIONWIDE based on one store.Your store could have more.

Also make sure you get a price check,dont trust the shelf label.;)

video game blowout? I only seen Way of the samurai 1 and Nightshade for 14.88 at mines nothing else special...seems YMMV

[quote name='CaoPi']video game blowout? I only seen Way of the samurai 1 and Nightshade for 14.88 at mines nothing else special...seems YMMV[/QUOTE]

Price changes dropping on 9/01/05. ;)

I saw a ton of games at mine in a bin for $14.99 today, picked up viewtiful joe 2. I didnt see anything special, but this is probably a different deal than i saw.

never seen anything good for 14.88 at walmart so far, so it would be nice if they started selling something good for that price, although frankly 14.88 seems pretty expensive for most game now a days compared to most cheapass deals

[quote name='converge']I saw a ton of games at mine in a bin for $14.99 today, picked up viewtiful joe 2. I didnt see anything special, but this is probably a different deal than i saw.[/QUOTE]

Probably not, they'll more than likely slap a :) on the $14.99 and "slash" it to $14.88.

They have a bin of games at mine for about $19.88, nothing really worth picking up for that price, but you wouldn't believe how many retail-shopper slobs drool over them, thinking they're such a great deal.

At most, I'd expect them to drop the bins to $14.88 and add some more titles that aren't worth more than that to begin with.

Nightshade had a 14.99 sticker on it... but it scanned $7... so I bought it... now I wonder if I should find and buy Shinobi... :\

I hope there is going to be something good and not just a buncha crappy titles they couldn't move. Of course crappy titles can sometimes be good too.

Awesome DX. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure this will be a deal at least for some CAGs out there. I, myself, haven't been so lucky with Walmart when it comes to deals (well just about anybody hasn't), but hopefully this one comes through. Could be some hautly sought after items with this one. This could turn out to be another TRU type clearance sale or at the very least a massive blowout of games akin to the CC $5 sale of yore (but of course not in price)/.

What would be funny would be if the $14.99 deal was Wal-Mart corporate "officially" instating the "bins" that many YMMV stores are already using.

Wal-Mart Corporate - "Hey, that $14.99 deal that some stores are doing independently is clearing out a lot of those crappy games nobody wants. Let's make it official across all our stores".

Then again, NBA Courtside 2002 is still priced at $49.99 at my Wally World, so there are all kinds of pessimistic opportunities still out there. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Wal-Mart ever coming close to any kind of Circuit City or Best Buy activity. Target? Perhaps. Sams/Costco? Maybe, if you catch the right deal at the right time. Sears? Stranger things have happened. But Wal-Mart? I just can't see it happening...

[quote name='chosen1s']Sears? Stranger things have happened. But Wal-Mart? I just can't see it happening...[/QUOTE]

Hah, I keep forgetting that Sears still exists. And K-mart, for that matter. As if combining the two will really make them better. Last time I checked, mixing poop and dirt only nets dirty poop (or stinky dirt for all of you optimists out there).

I fully agree about Wal-mart being the place to NOT get game deals. Sam's Club used to have some nice deals, but they seem to have lost their magic numbers as of late.

at my walmart here in W DSM, IA the only decent games they had for 14.88 were cold winter and viewtiful joe 2 ps2. other than that they just had monster garage and ssx 3 both xbox

[quote name='Cmoore58']at my walmart here in W DSM, IA the only decent games they had for 14.88 were cold winter and viewtiful joe 2 ps2.[/QUOTE]

VJ2 = $15 @ Best Buy + $5 McD Coupon = $10

[quote name='Kerig']VJ2 = $15 @ Best Buy + $5 McD Coupon = $10[/QUOTE]

hi what is mcD coupon? i just got VJ2 from bb.. but didn't know i can save a bit more :)

[quote name='Cmoore58']at my walmart here in W DSM, IA the only decent games they had for 14.88 were cold winter and viewtiful joe 2 ps2. other than that they just had monster garage and ssx 3 both xbox[/QUOTE]

SSX 3 is a very good game...easily worth $15...though you can probably find it cheaper.

[quote name='racthamp']hi what is mcD coupon? i just got VJ2 from bb.. but didn't know i can save a bit more :)[/QUOTE]

It's a printable $5 off any PS2 game from Best Buy, w/no minimum price. I've picked up quite a few $4.99 games free with it already...

You can read all 8 pages of it's glory here, and print out as many coupons as you'd like from the first post's link.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58353

FINALLY! I will get Kinetica for the low low price of 14.88!

:roll:

Law of probability states that they're only going to mark down 3 year old titles that are still at $50 that other places have for $10 or even $5. A perfect example being Chaos Legion.

[quote name='David85']Every "sale" at Walshit is YMWV.[/QUOTE]
Oh the irony of your words, especially if you read the tagline under your avatar. :whistle2:\"

This is real, they have a bin with a lot of games in it for 14.88 or whatever the price is, its mostly worthless gba games and some console games, i dont think there is anything worthwhile in there. I do see tons of people drooling over that bin though, and a lot of people picking games out from it and buying them.

We have a new super walmart that opened about 30 min from me, when i was looking in the bin the boxes for all the gba games were crushed horribly, they looked like pancakes.

The only time i ever got anything good from walmart is when they were blowing out their gbc games for around 5-10$ a game, i grabbed a harvest moon 2 out of there and a few other games.

[quote name='Kerig']Probably not, they'll more than likely slap a :) on the $14.99 and "slash" it to $14.88.

They have a bin of games at mine for about $19.88, nothing really worth picking up for that price, but you wouldn't believe how many retail-shopper slobs drool over them, thinking they're such a great deal.

At most, I'd expect them to drop the bins to $14.88 and add some more titles that aren't worth more than that to begin with.[/QUOTE]

My Wal-Mart has the same Bin of $19.88 games. MOst of them are Greatest Hits games or games that could be found for under $10 on EBgames.com. The funny thing is that everytime I go in, the bin is either half empty or full. Therefor, people are really buying these games.

I bet these will be the games that will be $14.88

[quote name='DarienW']Nightshade had a 14.99 sticker on it... but it scanned $7... so I bought it... now I wonder if I should find and buy Shinobi... :\[/QUOTE]
IMHO Shinobi >> Nightshade. Something about vintage coolness. I owned the original Shinobi games on Sega Master system and Genesis and to this day, nothing beat being able to play as him again. And the original just felt more fun and challenging for some reason to me. Nightshade is good and challenging too, just not as good as Shinobi for me. :razz:

I heard on the news a lot of stuff can be had for free at walmart if you happen to beleive in looting and live in New Orleans or Biloxi...

Seriously though if you happen to live in a hurricane hit location, my thoughts are with you!!

The WalMarts near me never mark down games. Today I saw the following and here's what they scanned as:

PS2
Parappa thr Rapper 2 - $29.99
Guilty Gear X (the first one!) - $29.99

Xbox
DOA XBV $49.99!!!!!

Do they not want to sell these?

Mine already had a bin out.. the one by my college, anyway. It was loaded with GH/PH/PC titles, the only exclusions to that I saw were Breakdown and Mario Sunshine.. I remember Backyard Wrestling 2 as well.. The Star Wars controllers that were rumored to be $10 were in there as well.. for $29.99 or so.

all "budget" or "bin items at my walmart never turn to gold... if anyone tells you that it's possible to make any alloy (including poop) into gold, punch them in the face. They'll know better next time.

[quote name='Rig']SSX 3 is a very good game...easily worth $15...though you can probably find it cheaper.[/QUOTE]

About 11.25 after cag15 and saver at EB.com

Did NO ONE read my opening post?

Price changes dropping on 9/01/05!So the ones of you who have these bins means there will be MORE added.

It may be a great sale it may be a dud.EIther way its a jump on a potential deal.

Personally Ill be watching Fatal Frame 1 & 2 for XBOX for a potential drop.;)

bread's done
Back