- - - - -

Looting in New Orleans

#1 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:28 PM

It kind of pisses me seeing looters in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina........

and most of them are of the same "type" of person

#2 munch   la tĂȘte de CAG CAGiversary!   19476 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:31 PM

i don't think this thread is going to end well. rascism, whether it is in your face or subliminal, is not cool.

#3 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:38 PM

Its not meant to be about race man.......... "type" = low class individuals who should be shot because they're taking advantage of a desparate situation.

#4 bobo2k4   OooSplendiforous CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:14 PM

I understand looting food and water. Looting footlocker and taking dvd players is just plain evil.

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:17 PM

It kind of pisses me seeing looters in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina........

I think most of them are looting for food and necessities at this point. Where the hell are they going to put a tv?

#6 captaincold   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

captaincold

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:07 PM

This happens ALL THE TIME IN FLORIDA during hurricanes,you just don't see it on the news. Even during 9-11 there were people looting/scamming.

Locally today someone stole a computer at a Food Shelter.

#7 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

I think looters should be shot on the spot......... police should be able to carry big ass machine guns and shoot any looters they see....... no questions asked

#8 Kain Vincent   Monarch of Games CAGiversary!   1781 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Kain Vincent

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:58 PM

I think looters should be shot on the spot......... police should be able to carry big ass machine guns and shoot any looters they see....... no questions asked

I remember police officers armed with shotguns threating the looters.

#9 M-10  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:04 PM

i don't think this thread is going to end well. rascism, whether it is in your face or subliminal, is not cool.

I think its funny how the first thing YOU think he meant was something racist. Maybe you have a little in you?

And even if by 'type' he meant black people. Who cares, they are black people doing it. Nothing racist about that.

The mayor gave permission to peopel to protect their property any way they can. So hopefully more than a few looters end up floating down the flood waters and become gator food.

#10 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:04 PM

At this point, does it really even matter? Where are they going to plug a TV in where there is no power? What good does a DVD player do when there is nothing to watch it on? I completely agree that looters should be shot or arrested on the spot. However, do you consider stealing food that is necessary for survival looting? I don't. You do whatever it takes to survive when you have to. There is a fine line between looting a DVD player and looting medical supplies.

#11 mmercer13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:08 PM

I haven't seen anyone leave those stores with just food or water. Plus who the hell needs a new pair of Air Jordans during a hurricane??

#12 the3rdkey   Foot Cheap Ass CAGiversary!   1870 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:09 PM

Diasters like this always bring out the best and worst in people.

#13 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9897 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:24 PM

I saw on the news yesterday, they were filming people running around a Walmart looting, most people with carts filled to the brim with stuff including TV's.

#14 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:25 PM

I think its funny how the first thing YOU think he meant was something racist. Maybe you have a little in you?

And even if by 'type' he meant black people. Who cares, they are black people doing it. Nothing racist about that.

The mayor gave permission to peopel to protect their property any way they can. So hopefully more than a few looters end up floating down the flood waters and become gator food.

Thank you

#15 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9251 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:33 PM

If the po-po started shooting looters, it would immediately turn into another LA riot scene...

#16 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9251 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:35 PM

I found a picture of a dude wading through waist-deep water and sewage floating a cooler full of Heineken's...

Hope he can drink them piss-warm!

#17 Arikado   ...Like Clockwork CAGiversary!   1483 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:48 PM

http://yahooracists.ytmnd.com/

#18 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

maybe black people eat TV's for breakfast?

lol

#19 rabbitt   A Symphony of Horror CAGiversary!   7409 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:13 PM

:-D

#20 GuyWithGun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3105 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

GuyWithGun

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:15 PM

Very interesting. Granted the two did only have bread and water while the other guy had a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi and a couple garbage bags full of shit.

I do like how it's the exact same article except for the looting/finding, though.

#21 The Successful Dropout   eye we tall did CAGiversary!   9551 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

The Successful Dropout

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:18 PM

:lol:

#22 Moxio   Supervillain CAGiversary!   35394 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:20 PM

You can't blame them.

#23 alonzomourning23   all my heroes are dead CAGiversary!   7774 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

alonzomourning23

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:25 PM

Very interesting. Granted the two did only have bread and water while the other guy had a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi and a couple garbage bags full of shit.

I do like how it's the exact same article except for the looting/finding, though.

Very interesting. Though, since a point here seems to be subconscious racism, it could be said that because they were white you assumed they were taking only basic food, but it did not mention water, instead said they were taking bread and soda.

Though most people who go into a grocery store to take food and drinks aren't going to think "well, I like pepsi but I only need water, so I'll just take the water". I wouldn't loot a mall, but going to a grocery store for food I'd grab whatever I wanted. That 20 dollar jar of olive oil I always wanted to try? Mine now. That $15 white tea I'm too cheap to buy? Mine too. I'd figure if I don't take it then someone else would.

#24 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:28 PM

ever notice that looters all seem to look alike?

#25 GuyWithGun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3105 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

GuyWithGun

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:32 PM

Very interesting. Though, since a point here seems to be subconscious racism, it could be said that because they were white you assumed they were taking only basic food, but it did not mention water, instead said they were taking bread and soda.

Though most people who go into a grocery store to take food and drinks aren't going to think "well, I like pepsi but I only need water, so I'll just take the water". I wouldn't loot a mall, but going to a grocery store for food I'd grab whatever I wanted. That 20 dollar jar of olive oil I always wanted to try? Mine now. That $15 white tea I'm too cheap to buy? Mine too. I'd figure if I don't take it then someone else would.

Ooooo, touche. I was thinking of another article and attributed it to this one.

And while you're dehydrating with your tea and tainted water, I'm opening up a water park with all of my newly liberated gallons of water. :D You know, cause water is a necessity thing.

#26 GuyWithGun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3105 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

GuyWithGun

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:33 PM

You mean dirty and chest deep in water?

#27 doraemonkerpal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

doraemonkerpal

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:33 PM

... hey bostonfrontier,

did a black guy steal your girlfriend or something? why do you keep on pressing this issue in different threads?

#28 ThePlatinumStag   Official Nintendo Gamer CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

ThePlatinumStag

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:11 PM

That's a very unambiguous statement...:roll:

#29 GuilewasNK   No gimmicks necessary. CAGiversary!   21267 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:21 PM

The fact of the matter is that almost all I have seen are poor ghetto residents. Not all ghetto residents are low class but it is a ghetto for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if that is why some of these clowns stayed behind.

It's not racist, its a fact. I am black and quite frankly I am ashamed to see this shit on TV.

#30 shady859   Big Blue Nation CAGiversary!   7283 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:22 PM

LOL @ yahoo, white people find and EVERYONE not white loots!

I saw on the news people coming out of what looked like a shopping mall carrying arm loads of clothes and stuff, this one lady could hardly walk she had so much stuff on her back. Another video of cops going into pharmacys and the shelves were bare from looters who stole all the drugs behind the counters. I could see drugheads just praying for the town to be demolished so they can go steal drugs! It was real life GTA down around the superdome where people were killing each other and jacking cars and everything else, sad..........