Nintendogs sells 250,000 copies

thorbahn3

Staff member
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.vgpub.com/nintendogs-sales-ds/news

Japan already caught Nintendogs fever and now America has too. Nintendo is reporting today that all three versions have sold for a combined 250,000 copies in their first week at retail, proving to be the biggest selling game currently on the market, as well as the best-selling new franchise ever on a portable. Retailers have also reported that they are often selling out of Nintendogs very quickly, making the game hard to find for those still looking for it.

"Nearly 15 percent of all DS owners bought Nintendogs in just a week, a virtually unprecedented adoption rate for any title on an established system," said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales & marketing. "And it's also helping sell new DS hardware. Coupled with a price drop to $129.99, retailers are reporting DS sales up between one and a half and three times previous levels, and last week DS comfortably outsold our portable competitors."

Our review for Nintendogs will be up soon.

Glad to see it's a success. As the cliche goes, what's not to like? Once you see the game in action, it's hard not to get hooked :)

:lol: oh yeah! I made a prediction 3 times about this months and months before Nintendogs was released (even in japan)... and boy does it feel good to be right :)

I'm glad to see any NEW franchise deliver this kind of performance. It's great to see the market will take to new game types and designs that are out of the 3-D platformer, FPS, Madden, GTA mode.

I have zero interest in this game, even after my younger cousin showed it to me for a half hour this afternoon, he asked how I could have 300+ games and not like it. Well, tough to answer I guess. I just never got into the virtua pet games or stuff like Monster Rancher and all the card type games.

I'm glad for Nintendo, but I don't remember seeing any TV commercials or anything for it. All I've seen is internet buzz and magazine ads. If Nintendo really pushed this game (instead of something like Geist which I have seen commercials for) it would probably get more mainstream entusiasm and millions of copies sold instead of 250,000 sold.

i would love to find one of those Nintendogs cut outs they had in the stores. everyone i went to someone had their names on it ...

bread's done
Back