Nintendogs

People are paper thin, backgrounds are dull and competition announcers are two-dimensional. The collision detection is also terrible; seeing something pass through your dog’s head is very normal in this game.

I've yet to see a person in the game and the collision detection is fine on mine, things bounce off of my dog's head.

What does affect gameplay is the DS mic, which needs total silence for the dog to hear you perfectly. Something like a TV or a conversation will prevent your dog from understanding what you said.

Adjust your mic volume, never had that problem.

[quote name='Scorch']I've yet to see a person in the game and the collision detection is fine on mine, things bounce off of my dog's head.[/QUOTE]

The people he is referring to are probably the audience members at the obedience trials.

[quote name='Scorch']
Quote:
People are paper thin, backgrounds are dull and competition announcers are two-dimensional. The collision detection is also terrible; seeing something pass through your dog’s head is very normal in this game.

I've yet to see a person in the game and the collision detection is fine on mine, things bounce off of my dog's head.

Quote:
What does affect gameplay is the DS mic, which needs total silence for the dog to hear you perfectly. Something like a TV or a conversation will prevent your dog from understanding what you said.

Adjust your mic volume, never had that problem.[/QUOTE]

The backgrounds are kind of simple, but remeber they are not whats important in the game.

I also never had any issues with collision detection, when every I throw a ball or something it will bounce off the puppy.

The Mic does have some issues when there is other background noice, now I've never had any real problem with it understanding commands. I do sugest that any time you are training your puppy you are in a totaly silent area.

I guess you guys didn't read the part where I said "But these are just minor graphical nitpicks that don’t affect gameplay." Try twirling your leash around on walks for people that havn't seen something go through their dog's head. Also my Mic is on high.

Which is your problem. turn it to medium or low. Mine's at medium and my dogs learns tricks with 3-4 tries and listens at my first command.

[quote name='thorbahn3']I guess you guys didn't read the part where I said "But these are just minor graphical nitpicks that don’t affect gameplay." Try twirling your leash around on walks for people that havn't seen something go through their dog's head. Also my Mic is on high.[/QUOTE]
PETA would be after you. You're trying to strangle your dog! :lol:
I think the reason they did the leash passing through is to prevent stranglation attempts.

You mean virtual PETA. I just suggested doing that since it is the easiest way to get my point across. You have to wait for it to happen otherwise.

Somewhat off-topic I know, but i was quite pleased when I noticed Nintendogs demo was in the DS demo station at Target, I go to the main menu, knock on the door, try to click on the arrow to start the demo, and nothing happens. I look closely at the screen, and there is a large indentation in the screen where the arrow is. Some punk must have taken the little pen, slammed it onto the screen, and broken then touch section so no one else could play the demo. fucker.

On topic, nice review, this is a type of game which would be interesting to see how quickly people tire of the game, because I tend to lose interested in virtual pet-type simulators fairly quickly.
[quote name='AngellicLulu']PETA would be after you. You're trying to strangle your dog! :lol:
I think the reason they did the leash passing through is to prevent stranglation attempts.[/QUOTE]
I can see it now, Nintendogs: Sith Edition

[quote name='guardian_owl']
I can see it now, Nintendogs: Sith Edition[/QUOTE]

Choose from over 3 different Wookies.

bread's done
Back