TAIKO: Drum Master with Drum @ BB $9.99 YMMV or $20 online

dastly75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
TAIKO: Drum Master with Drum - The game with the drums
marked $19.99 on a monsterous table in the front saying 50% off (each item on table had a red dot sticker to signify 50% off)

snagged 2, took it to register, they had to manually drop it down to 9.99 with manager approval and then fill out some white form .....anyways awesome deal

note: original price is $19.99 at best buy w/o any discounts

YMMV , got this at my St. Pete Best Buy in FL, UPDATE: sold out at St. Pete , FL

$20 online - Sold Out
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6852774&type=product&id=1093469216039

edit: I have 2 sets on backorder at BB.com, I'll take offers via PM for anyone willing to wait for one.

Do you know what the original price was after they scanned it, and before it was adjusted? Did it say $19.99 or $49.99, because $19.99 would still be a great deal on this.

Edit: Just saw the BB link. $14.99 after GGC is a GREAT deal!

Thats an amazing price. Taiko Drum Master is well worth $10.

[quote name='chickenhawk']MIght be worth it for an extra drum, but what to do with the game then? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Well someone traded in a disc only Taiko at an EB I went to, so you might want to trade it in with that bonus $5 with 5 or more games deal they have going on.

This is a great deal, anyone who's been contemplating on picking up this game should buy two sets now just to have a second pair of drums. I picked this up at EB new for $30 and another set of drums for $15. Well worth the money and fun.

Awesome! I'm gonna head over to BB soon and see if I can snag it for 15 if they have a GGC. Is not, 20 is still a good deal. I was gonna buy it for 50!

Thanks OP.

[quote name='suko_32']AHH!!! Was just at BB. Did see it but it wasn't marked that way. Maybe a scan?[/QUOTE]

I'll get you guys a scan of my receipt soon. Working on fixing my scanner atm. But ya you should be able to find it at BB for $19.99, esp. since it shows up as 19.99 online.

Edit: nvm scanner hates me, won't scan

Wow, great deal, I wish I had time to take a drive to the closest bb that has it in stock, I might try tomorrow, thanks OP!

[quote name='Sway']Well someone traded in a disc only Taiko at an EB I went to, so you might want to trade it in with that bonus $5 with 5 or more games deal they have going on.

This is a great deal, anyone who's been contemplating on picking up this game should buy two sets now just to have a second pair of drums. I picked this up at EB new for $30 and another set of drums for $15. Well worth the money and fun.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. Hopefully them taking it in w/o the drum isn't YMMV.

Curses, my local BB didn't have any lying around. I'll have to order it online it were seeming.

But now the debate of how to get a second drum... Oddly enough an SA thread about his game from just before the hurricane mentioned the RedOctane (HighOctane? I forget the company's name) 3rd party drum being better, but I doubt I'll be able to dig one up easily outside of full-price online. Gah, debating 2 copies for the sake of the drum.

I just got this at my local bb too. $19.99. They did have a 50% off bin at the front of the store, but this wasn't in it.

My best buy doesn't have any copies so I'm going through the website. Fortunately, I'll be able to get a second drum from my work. It's one of the high octane ones you are talking about. Thanks for the deal.

SWEET! Thank you! Picked one up for 14.99. I bought this back at the holidays last year, but ended up returning... glad I did! :D

For those whoe may be in the CO Springs area, Chapel Hills BB had about 3 of these left. They were still marked $50 but ring up at the $20.

Ash

Nice... time to price match this one at Circuit City, and score it for around $16 after all is said and done.

Not worth it trying to drive to Clearwater before 8 pm (Best Buy closes early) when I can just drive two minutes down the road.

Just a heads up to those whose Best Buy's may be sold out... you may have scored the drums at the Tyrone Best Buy, but I scored the last copies of all their penny guides :D

I was considering getting a Redoctane drum at this price, so getting the official drum and an extra copy of the game (Which I can trade in or something) sounds even better.

[quote name='Roufuss']Nice... time to price match this one at Circuit City, and score it for around $16 after all is said and done.

Not worth it trying to drive to Clearwater before 8 pm (Best Buy closes early) when I can just drive two minutes down the road.

Just a heads up to those whose Best Buy's may be sold out... you may have scored the drums at the Tyrone Best Buy, but I scored the last copies of all their penny guides :D[/QUOTE]

This just worked perfectly, no questions asked.

Just took a printout to Circuit City, scored the game w/ drum for 16.99 after the 10%.

[quote name='CaoPi']so it comes with the sticks also right or u have to buy them seperately?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm pretty sure it comes with the sticks.

i got it for 15 bucks after the 5 dollar mcdonalds coupon. my best buy in worcester, MA had like 8 of them. marked 60, rang up 20.

[quote name='nakedsushi']CC can PM off of an online print-out?[/QUOTE]

Yea, they can, scroll up a bit, I already did it :D

Then you get 10% of the difference on top of that. The only thing they might do is go online themselves to verify it, but that's no problem since it really is 19.99.

My BB closed already tonight, I was all ready to get my pants on :)

I'll be there tomorrow when they open, $15 after McD coupon is great! Taiko always looked more interesting than bongos to me...

I wonder if anyone here can score the ultimate deal: $20 - 50% - $5 McD Coupon = $5! I'm sure one of you CAG All-Stars can do it, I believe in your cheapness...

No luck with me at CC trying to PM it, must have been a new guy cause he went through the trouble of calling to see if its in stock. Usually they just give it to me. I went to BB after to double check and no luck. I'll try a different BB tomorrow, bout time I buy it.

None of the BBs near have this in stock. The closest is 50 miles away! With gas at more than $3/gallon, I'll just order it online. Thanks OP!

Well, looks like I'll have to order it online too. I went to CC with my BB print-out to price match it b/c the Best Buy that carries it is a little too far to make the drive worth it.

The employee working at customer service first gave me some BS about how it's from the BB website, and "oh of course it's cheaper on the website. Our Circuit City website has it for cheaper too!" I asked her to show me. She looked it up and to her "surprise" it's not cheaper and CC has it for the same in-store price of $49.99 on their website. The employee then said she had to call her manager about it.

The manager came, took the Taiko box I was holding and my print out and disappeared into the back room to "check it out." After 15 mins later, he came back and said they couldn't honor it b/c he had just called the BB's and they no longer had it in stock. How odd, I checked the in-store status on the BB website before I left and they did have it in stock in one BB near me. I told that to him, the CC manager then said he had called that exact store and they "just" sold out.

I left the customer service desk for a bit to let other people use it, and called the BB that had it in stock. I got through to a BB employee working on the floor of the video games department and he assured me there were still 5 Taiko drums in front of him.

I went back to the CC manager, told him I just called BB and they indeed had it in stock. The manager then said he called BB and The Manager (tm) at BB told him they were out. I told him that the employee I called at BB was standing RIGHT IN FRONT of the shelf with the drums. The CC manager then gave me some look and said, "Why don't you buy it THERE then?"

I never thought my CC was so bad, which was why I went there in the first place, but now I'm ashamed to say, my CC has about the same horror stories as the ones other CAGers have. I got the manager's name and everything and hopefully, I can file some sort of complaint.

[quote name='nakedsushi']Well, looks like I'll have to order it online too. I went to CC with my BB print-out to price match it ...

... CC has about the same horror stories as the ones other CAGers have. I got the manager's name and everything and hopefully, I can file some sort of complaint.[/QUOTE]

i had a similar situation happen about 2 years ago when burnout for GC was 14.99 at kb and BB had it for 49.99.

the csr rep stated that it's impossible to have it at 14.99 and flat out called us liars.

needless to say, we went back to kb, told the manager to expect a call from bb. went back to bb and told them to call kb. kb manager verified the price and bb csr had to do the price match.

the other csr asked, why go through all the trouble when we could have bought it at kb? easy answer, she called us a liar and we had to prove them wrong and punish 'em for it. haha! :applause:

bread's done
Back