Tomb Raider, Rogue Ops, Alter Echo $4.99 each at EBGames.com plus other PS2 game

Mace Griffin was fun when I rented it, but then I got stuck and just returned it. (had the game freedom pass).

Its a pretty fun FPS, but I am pretty sure there is no multiplayer. (if that matters to you)

I played Rogue Ops on the OXM demo disc, and I was bored after 4 minutes. It's just another sub-par stealth action game. The other day I could have picked it up for $6 but I bought some pop instead and was much happier with that.

[quote name='boyward']I was bored after 4 minutes.[/quote]

Four minutes of play time with a demo disc doesn't give you much experience to judge a complete game. Gamerankings.com gives it a 64% positive rating. Certainly not a great game but an average if not good one nonetheless. For a mere $5 new with a free t-shirt, I don't see how you can begin to complain that it's not worth the money.

[quote name='punqsux']stealth action in a splinter cell vein or a metal gear vein?[/quote]

only played one level and no longer have an xbox so SOL on getting further for time being.

Its more like Splinter Cell from what I played with killing people done by QTE's

Rogue Ops is like a poor man's Splinter Cell. It's a decent stealth game definitely worth $5 IMO. Bad voice acting, and story isn't great but the action is decent enough. I think it had some cool gadgets as well.

I picked up rogue ops for like #6.99 or whatever it was a while ago at eb games with the free shirt. Lets just say, I felt the shirt was worth more than the game. While it isn't horrible, the movement really bothered me and the game did not seem to reward stealth by much. It was so easy to take down the enemies that an alarm was a minor inconvenience. I would say rent it first, but with a price that cheap, just go for it, and if you don't like it, trade the game in and keep the shirt. Just be warned that many times you become stuck and it is not obvious as to what youre supposed to do. If you do not have splinter cell yet, grab that for a cheap used price, but if you already have sc and like it, go for rogue ops. Oh, and to answer a previous post, I would say the game is more like metal gear.

Rogue Ops is alright. Certainly not great but kinda fun. And I'm pretty sure the voice actor for the main character also did Rouge in Sonic Adventure 2 (unfortunatly she's not very good in either game :p). I like the voice-selection for weapons in the Xbox version, it's kinda gimmicky but strangely entertaining to say which weapon you want to equip into the microphone and seeing her pull it out.

Alter Echo isn't bad either for that price. Generic, but entertaining. Haven't really played any of the other games, though.

Man, you guys are jaded. I thought Rogue Ops was a decent game, especially since it was $10 or less pretty much everywhere. Granted, the voice acting is pretty bad (overacting), and the story is flimsy. However the game itself is pretty fun. It's more on par with Splinter Cell than MGS. You even have a 'light meter' like SC.

The break down stealth kills are pretty vicious, too.

Mace Griffin is also ok, but FPS has been done to death. Only pick it up if you haven't played one in a while. Or pick it up to support Henry Rolliins, who is the voice of the main character.

bread's done
Back