I think I will never buy from gamestop.com again.

nogard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I just received 2 preowned games from gamestop.com and one of them, Jak 2 goes blank screen for over 3+ minutes after selecting NEW GAME. I'm not sure any games should take this long to load, so I think it's defective.

To return a product:

1. Send an e-mail to us or call us at (800) 883-8895. Our customer service center is open from 8am to 8pm CST, Monday through Friday, and 8am to 7pm Saturday and Sunday.

2. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item(s). You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 7 to 14 business days of our receiving your return.

3. If your return is due to our error, we will add your return shipping costs to your refund.

email = [email protected]

Im sure it sucks to get a game thats broken, but at least they'll send you a new one. I dont know if thats grounds for never buying from them again. Now if you ordered jak 2 and they sent you jak1 then thats grounds to shack-fu them up!

[quote name='nogard']I just received 2 preowned games from gamestop.com and one of them, Jak 2 goes blank screen for over 3+ minutes after selecting NEW GAME. I'm not sure any games should take this long to load, so I think it's defective.[/quote]

EB ships out defective games occasionally, as does GameFly and any other service that sells used games. I'd definitely return the game, but I wouldn't write off GameSpot completely unless this happens again, and fairly frequently. If the vast majority of games you buy are in good shape, don't worry about it. As soon as it's not an isolated incident, though, I'd begin to blame the company.

Just my $0.02

Oh well, I think I will just never buy used games from those companies again, but may still buy NEW "SEALED" copies if they are on sale.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']EB ships out defective games occasionally, as does GameFly and any other service that sells used games.[/quote]

Good thing about EB though is that you can call the local EB to see if they have a copy and swap it there instead of waiting for a envelope to be sent to you. Why doesn't these stores test the games before selling them? That way they can cut down on the amount of defective games.

I bought Valkyrie Profile PO from them and it was fucked. I wanted a replacement and two weeks later not a replacement in sight so I just cancelled the order. Their customer service was very helpful and courteous.

I regard used game purchases via mail to be pretty iffy. There just isn't time for the games to be properly tested. Perhaps someone should create a piece of software for testing CD and DVD discs. If it were setup to deal with a large number of drives connected to a single PC (USB would make this doable) it could be quite valuable to any business that deals in used games. While the number of potential customers is limited the program could be priced fairly high (in the hundreds of dollars) considering how much customer service hassle it would save those businesses.

On GameStop in general: I just made my first online purchase there. I ordered 3 $9.99 GBA games (Banjo-Kazooie, Munch's Oddyssey, Monkey Ball Jr.) on May 27 with the El Cheapo $2 shipping. THey charged me no sales tax and the package arrived today. I'm pretty happy with GameStop on the basis of that purchase.

If you know anyone with a Disc Doctor type of cleaner see if that makes a difference. Worth trying before going through all the effort of returning it.

Why people buy used games online from online stores is beyond me. You can't even see what you're buying and there's no guarentee of case and manual. It's just not worth the hassle and frustration. Would you buy a used car blindly?

[quote name='bmarquardt']Why people buy used games online from online stores is beyond me. You can't even see what you're buying and there's no guarentee of case and manual. It's just not worth the hassle and frustration. Would you buy a used car blindly?[/quote]

So true, I think I have learned my lesson.

I would never buy from gamestop used because they say MAY not include case or manual but on ebgames.com a lot of them say that it is included. I bought a used waverace gc as a gift and it was complete and worked fine.

And no on the car, although people do on Ebay Motors...but that's usually more expensive than a $20 game :)

[quote name='bmarquardt']Why people buy used games online from online stores is beyond me. You can't even see what you're buying and there's no guarentee of case and manual. It's just not worth the hassle and frustration. Would you buy a used car blindly?[/quote]

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='bmarquardt']Would you buy a used car blindly?[/quote]

Try Ebay Motors. Believe it or not, people buy and sell cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, etc. online for tens of thousands of dollars sight unseen every day. Unfortunately, it's the new way of the world.

http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/index.html[/quote]

Well, at least on ebay you'll have pictures of the car and such. If Gamestop.com sold used cars they'd have an asterik stating:

*May or may not include seats and/or tires.

The only bad experience I've had with Gamestop.com is when I was going to order Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner from them. I ordered it on May 7 and waited a week to see if it would ship. A week later I checked and it still wasn't shipped. I finally said screw it and cancelled the order. I eventually found it for $15 at Wal-Mart, so I'm glad I cancelled that order.

I didn't think the case and manual mattered much to me, but I recently got Conflict II from GameStop with no case or manual and it was sort of a letdown. I think they should make seperate prices for complete games and incomplete games.

Well, its not like Game Stop HQ can play through every game 100% to make sure it works. They most likley just boot it up and see if he title screen comes up. Also, sometimes gams vary system to system. What may work on theres, may not on yours (especially with PS2 systes)

I don't think this joke got enough recognition. That asterik thing is very funny!

[quote name='bmarquardt'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='bmarquardt']Would you buy a used car blindly?[/quote]

Try Ebay Motors. Believe it or not, people buy and sell cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, etc. online for tens of thousands of dollars sight unseen every day. Unfortunately, it's the new way of the world.

http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/index.html[/quote]

Well, at least on ebay you'll have pictures of the car and such. If Gamestop.com sold used cars they'd have an asterik stating:

*May or may not include seats and/or tires.[/quote]

bread's done
Back