CAGKombat, soon to be a reality! CHAT TONIGHT 8PM CST

bignick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Update:

OK, so lets scheduale a chat for tomorrow at 8pm CST. That is 9pm EST and 6pm PST (Cali) time.

CheapyD said we can go ahead and do this! We need to start thinking about how we want this to be done. I am thinking a flash game like that SF game would be sweet.

So what are some of your ideas?

I would say 20 people. Most of the emphisis(sp?) would be on the character select screen and the fatalities. The game play will probably be mediocre, but hey, this is for fun.

For the locations, I was thinking of using game stores. We could use EB, Gamestop, Bestbuy, Multimedia, Gamecrazy.

We need to come up with soundtracks. When you are fighting CheapyD, Take a lick of megaman will be on.

I was thinking we could design the character pics and the locations.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. We will get this done from rentacoder.com We will split the cost 20 ways, meaning each of the 20 characters will pay 1/20.

I would like to go into the chat room tomorrow and discuss this so I can post teh request on rentacoder.

[quote name='retroguru']I am interested in this...how much do they charge?[/quote]

It all depends. I believe India's stock market crashed when a new government took over, so we should be able to get some top notch work cheap from India. I am guessing $100-$200 tops. So thats abot $5-$7 per person if we get 20.

[quote name='punqsux']nick, when you post about the job, dont forget to ask for the a debug mode that i mentioned[/quote]

I dont remember that, Please post any ideas/suggestions in this thread.

basically the debug mode would allow you to choose any character, and have them do ANY fatality to any other character

Nick, you're going to need to come up with a decisive design document. They come in uber-handy if you're doing a game "in-house" so that you have your actions all planned out before hand, but no matter the size of the project, you absolutely need one if you are going to do any outsourcing whatsoever.

If you need a hand with the doc, or want to ask questions, you know who to fire them at. I've done quite a few, and even just single levels that I've created for add-on packs for games have weighed in at over 20 pages. I have a feeling that this might be a killer.

[quote name='BigDirty']Nick, you're going to need to come up with a decisive design document. They come in uber-handy if you're doing a game "in-house" so that you have your actions all planned out before hand, but no matter the size of the project, you absolutely need one if you are going to do any outsourcing whatsoever.

If you need a hand with the doc, or want to ask questions, you know who to fire them at. I've done quite a few, and even just single levels that I've created for add-on packs for games have weighed in at over 20 pages. I have a feeling that this might be a killer.[/quote]
Any help or templates you can give would be great. I'll get a better deel once I get the post up. There are people on rentacoder that have done stuff like this before, so it should go smoothly.

I'd say make the ultimate evil entity of the game the guy who runs Buy-Rite Games. Seriously, who wouldn't want to beat the tar out of him? :twisted:

[quote name='Missingdata']... forgive my ignorance...

What r u talking about BigNick....[/quote]

cagkombat.gif

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']This sounds like a waste of money.[/quote]

money spent on a good laugh is never a waste

I would think you could easily get 40 characters out of about 5-6 body types( Female, Large Male, Small Male, etc) and 3-4 movesets (striker, sweeper, tank, projectile)

Doing so would be no more work for the programmer than having to program the 5-6 types, and you can get a larger number of people.

Banky's Art Style would add at least a cohesive look to the ingame play, and you may even want him to do the characters pictures on the select screen as well.

You could even keep some of the charaters secret (as part of a debug mode).

I mean, with just the female body style, you could have Minx, Darke Katt, deadzone, Neko Hime and NintendoFanGirl. 6 different characters for the work of recoloring one character and perhaps a few character specific edits.. and giving them different movesets would add diversity to the similar looking character models.

oops, the guest was me. well as i said, im so in. do we have 20 ppl yet?

i'd help out with any design needs, if needed. we can split up the jobs, but its going to take forever to deside on the moves & combos.

i'd like an character who can throw some kind of round disc shaped object. or kill an opponent w/ bad spelling and grammar.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Since CAG Kombat came around due to my battle with Anderson, you know I'm in.[/quote]

What's really funny is that you could easily use a slightly altered character model for both Anderson and Sneaky!

Just like you could with Big Nick and Manimal.

I should be in, and have my remix of my song of "what's this" on it while you play against me. The one from NintendoFanGirl's thread long long ago.

I could be a Shang Tsung type character, because I have all those different characters, like Kakashi Penguin, and Mecha-Penguin.

My theme music would have to be something by MC Chris.

My backpack's got jets.

[quote name='JSweeney']I would think you could easily get 40 characters out of about 5-6 body types( Female, Large Male, Small Male, etc) and 3-4 movesets (striker, sweeper, tank, projectile)

Doing so would be no more work for the programmer than having to program the 5-6 types, and you can get a larger number of people.

Banky's Art Style would add at least a cohesive look to the ingame play, and you may even want him to do the characters pictures on the select screen as well.

You could even keep some of the charaters secret (as part of a debug mode).

I mean, with just the female body style, you could have Minx, Darke Katt, deadzone, Neko Hime and NintendoFanGirl. 6 different characters for the work of recoloring one character and perhaps a few character specific edits.. and giving them different movesets would add diversity to the similar looking character models.[/quote]

I like that body part idea. Thats really good. Then all we would nedd would be a standard way to make our faces so they could attach and look decent on a body. Ya, If WSB did all of the faces on the character select screen, that would be sweeeeet. hint hint hint

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='Missingdata']... forgive my ignorance...

What r u talking about BigNick....[/quote]

cagkombat.gif
[/quote]

Oh.... kool

What the hell I'll be in too. Maybe you can put in my old Mr. Brown avatar and use it with a palette swapped Big Nick. Except my fighter would be Brown.

shit... im in for sure, i gto pay pal or w/e else we need... if i can be in this game i will def fork over the cash. see you in the chat!

This would be pretty tough, but hey more power to you guys. Coding ain't easy but its necessary.

If at all possible, you have to have the "Toasty" guy pop up as cheapy or somebody so you can warp to the secret smoke-esque level or something trippy like that

bread's done
Back