Verizon DSL for $14.99 a month

[quote name='Locinator'] However Verizon has turtle slow speed compared to Comcast Hi Speed Internet.[/QUOTE]

comcast is only $19.99 for the first 6 months i found out while ordering today :D

[quote name='polaricecaves']comcast is only $19.99 for the first 6 months i found out while ordering today :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I think that's for 1.5mbps. IIRC regular Comcast cable internet has a max of 4mbps (soon 6), which is 29.99 for the first 6 mos.

I called about this deal, I already get their best speed for $24.99 a month(3mbsp) with no commitmment. I tried to get them to drop me down to this price if I did the 1 year contract they said they could only if I dropped down to the lowest speed they offer for DSL. So if you now have dial-up and want to upgrade this is good, but for those already on some sort of high-speed option this deal is not that great.

[quote name='ajh2298']I called about this deal, I already get their best speed for $24.99 a month(3mbsp) with no commitmment. I tried to get them to drop me down to this price if I did the 1 year contract they said they could only if I dropped down to the lowest speed they offer for DSL. So if you now have dial-up and want to upgrade this is good, but for those already on some sort of high-speed option this deal is not that great.[/QUOTE]

$24.99 for 3MBPS? Amazing. And to think I was paying that with AOL only a few years ago. Actually, I never paid. I always had free months, but hypothetically speaking, I was paying $24.99. ;)

My 1 year contract with a local DSL provider for 19.99 a month is almost up. If I'm real strapped for cash, I would go for this, but local the local ISP, Cruzio, has been highly rated and my speed is always at the top of what is offered to me, not the minimum which I hear from so many Yahoo customers, so we'll see...

*edit*
woops, I mistook this for being about Yahoo. They have a $14.99 deal going on as well.

racthamp, if you are on the bundle or monthly plan, you can switch to the 14.99 plan, however if you are on the annual plan, i doubt you're going to be able to switch. it depends who you talk to.

more info on this plan: it only comes with 768 down/ 128 up speeds, you can NOT have these increased.

I'm a supervisor for the ..... team with Verizon Online, so if anyone has any questions, I can help out. the ..... team is highest level of appeals that a regular customer can get...

edit: i don't want you guys knowing my department!

oh, and the Yahoo deal is this same. We've partnered pretty much to get anyone with dial up on dsl.

and I don't know about that 24.99 plan for 3.0. our monthly plan is 37.95, the bundle plan (unlimited long distance bundle) 29.95 with no annual commitment, and the annual plan 29.95. all those prices are without taxes. furthermore, not everyone can get 3.0 speeds...that depends on alot of factors.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Price is good but speed sucks... 768 Kbps/128Kbps

Get their $29.99 plan which gives you 3mbps/768Kbps[/QUOTE]

make sure you get loop qualified at 3.0 first...you might get stuck with 768/128 at 29.99.

a gentleman is coming at eight in the morning to install my cable modem

what do i need to do to get the highest speed possible? talk to him or call the 800 number?

[quote name='skulls dont fade']oh, and the Yahoo deal is this same. We've partnered pretty much to get anyone with dial up on dsl.

and I don't know about that 24.99 plan for 3.0. our monthly plan is 37.95, the bundle plan (unlimited long distance bundle) 29.95 with no annual commitment, and the annual plan 29.95. all those prices are without taxes. furthermore, not everyone can get 3.0 speeds...that depends on alot of factors.[/QUOTE]

I get it for that price a month because I was going to go to cable internet and they dropped the $29.99 I was paying to the $24.99 price to keep me.

I wish I could get this deal where I live (Augusta,GA), but Bellsouth seems to dislike other companies using their lines. Ah well, guess I'll be going to Comcast.

[quote name='polaricecaves']a gentleman is coming at eight in the morning to install my cable modem

what do i need to do to get the highest speed possible? talk to him or call the 800 number?[/QUOTE]

Did you have to pay extra for them to install the cable modem? I set mine up last week and it was fairly easy. I took about 20 minutes. I ran into some trouble and called the company and it was easily fixed.

[quote name='Milkyman']verizon has good binary retention on their newsserver, so thats an extra plus if you switch to verizon dsl[/QUOTE]

Best reason to get Verizon DSL. Paying $29.99 for 768/128, and it's worth it because of this. I might see if I can get in this $14.99 deal... but 1) Verizon is utter pain trying to deal with on the phone, and 2) FIOS should be here sometime next year.

I have Verizon and when I check my status, it says 100.0 Mbps. That doesn't seem right. Is there any other means of checking the speed?

Anyone know what comcast would be after 6 months? Lot more then 19.99

I wish verizon was in south florida, I would be after the Fios. But if they had dsl, this still would be sweet.
All I have is Comcast and Bellsouth
Bellsouth pricing:
$25 month with commitment and some more bs for 256kbpsdown, 128up (omg slow)
$35ish for 1.5mbps/128
$45ish for 3.0mbps/300ish up

Still stuck with bellsouth for a couple months too.

[quote name='ayolykewhoa']I have Verizon and when I check my status, it says 100.0 Mbps. That doesn't seem right. Is there any other means of checking the speed?[/QUOTE]

Goto dslreports.com, and do a speed test.

yeah not sure if i have to pay for the guy to bring the cable modem to me : /

i do know that it's $55 a month after the six months at 19.99
the guy told me if i were to get basic cable then, it would be free (i don't like t.v.)

[quote name='ajh2298']I get it for that price a month because I was going to go to cable internet and they dropped the $29.99 I was paying to the $24.99 price to keep me.[/QUOTE]

um, i know our retention department will go through hell and high water to save a customer, but this is in offer that i've NEVER heard of, nor have i never seen. i have just as much access to their systems, and then some.

[quote name='skulls dont fade']um, i know our retention department will go through hell and high water to save a customer, but this is in offer that i've NEVER heard of, nor have i never seen. i have just as much access to their systems, and then some.[/QUOTE]

I think they gave it to me for that price because both our home phone and cell phone service(4 phone family plan), is through Verizon and we pay all 3 on one bill. I know before I combined it with the other 2 bills I was paying $34.99 for 1.5 mbps before the recent speed upgrade in my area.

Wow, people are paying too much for 1.5MBPS/300KBPS down. I got it for 19.99 for a year. IMO that's still better than this Verizon offer. 700kbps/128kbps sucks.

i am not sure if this is nationwide but the verizon dsl offer local requires a 1 year commitment and if you cancel it early its a 79 dollar cancelation penality. Also at least locally they will be offering

5 meg dl for 35
15 meg for 45
30 meg for 150

coming this christmas. So to get stuck in this low speed (769/128 = 15/15 for me ick... about 3000 feet from the local co.) contract for me at least would not be good. Good lcuk for those who try this.

bread's done
Back