Final Fantasy 8 Figures

holy snaps . you gonna get alot of cash out of those figures.

how much did you buy them for in the first place and where :D

pm me it ^^ ur story~!

Whoa. I've had a Seifer model for a few years that I bought when it originally came out. I had no idea they were worth any real $$ these days.

I don't get why the FFVIII and FFX ones are worth more than the FFVII ones. Were the FFVII re-released at some point?

Alex

Well, back quite a few years ago, I picked these up at Babbages. They started arriving about one a month, and only one in a shipment. I just started buying them. They were $50 each, originally. The only one I didn't buy there was Quistis. Someone beat me to the one at Babbages, but I found her at Suncoast in the same mall.

The game stores in town don't seem to sell anything decent anymore like these since they were bought by GameStop. I guess the other toys had a better profit margin.

This weekend, I'm uncrating the rest of my toys from my closet. They've been boxed up since we moved to our new house. Next up is a ton of Kenshin figures, all three Record of Lodoss Wars, Evangellion, and those small Gundam one's.

After starting my own company (we are making a boardgame called Lomby Zombie), cash has been a little tight, so I'm selling them off to be able to get a 360. If this set goes for what I hope they do, I'll be set. I'd rather sell this stuff instead of my games.

cranguy - FF7 is just more popular. Also, the FF7 figures came two years after the FF8 ones. They also have a lot better looking packaging. I didn't know these were worth anything until I just started pulling stuff out and setting up the auctions. I checked on old auctions and saw them sell for $145-$170.

I have a crapload of these myself. I have Selphie, Quistis, Squall, and Rinoa. These are beautiful figures. Even if they do go for $145-$170, I wouldn't sell them. I opened mine, though. They're so cool.

bread's done
Back