- - - - -

Best Buy Clearance games .99 and up starts Mon. Sept. 12th (Now with list + FAQ)

#361 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

Please tell me people aren't playing the reprice game here. I'd like to be able to at least find a copy of "Astro Boy" and "Paper Mario" tomorrow.

#362 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3116 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

well, my girlfriend was just at the appleglen BB in Fort Wayne. She found me Growlanser, Killswitch, and Harvest Moon. That's all she could find and she's buying them...Good luck to you others out there!

Were they already marked down?

Also I just checked and someone put up the list on the IGN Xbox General Board. They found it from the DVD tak forum.

#363 AfroPig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:54 PM

Were they already marked down?

Also I just checked and someone put up the list on the IGN Xbox General Board. They found it from the DVD tak forum.

No they weren't marked down yet, but I should add they were I think the last copies of each.

#364 punqsux   1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank CAGiversary!   11197 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:55 PM

Please tell me people aren't playing the reprice game here. I'd like to be able to at least find a copy of "Astro Boy" and "Paper Mario" tomorrow.

far as i can see thats the best way to get what you want ^^

of course theres not even a gurantee that there is a copy of either game at stores near you anyways ^^

#365 punqsux   1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank CAGiversary!   11197 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:56 PM

Can you use the coupon with this and get free games? And don't say "read the thread"...I'm not gonna read 18 fucking pages.

technically yes, though im sure it will be ymmv

#366 Mana Knight   Chrom CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:58 PM

Well, I'm a little mad because I found the games "in stock" at my local Best Buy earlier this morning. Now, they say "unavailable". Crap, now I have to wait an extra day to have Radiata Stories.:(

Well, I'll just have to see what happens when I call a family member while they are at Best Buy, since I'm at college right now.:(

#367 tayaf69   I want to change my name CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:12 PM

went on best buys website and tried to check the availability of a bunch of games. None of the best buys in my area have ANYTHING i wanted. Is the website reliable?

#368 swetooth9   Go Heels! CAGiversary!   7144 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:15 PM

far as i can see thats the best way to get what you want ^^

of course theres not even a gurantee that there is a copy of either game at stores near you anyways ^^

guess i'll have to see if i can do that today...

#369 punqsux   1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank CAGiversary!   11197 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:17 PM

the website is totally unreliable

#370 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:20 PM

I hate living in Naperville... there's never anything at stores. So anyway, does anyone know if their Best Buy has Growlanser Generations, Y's: The Ark of Napishtim, or Final Fantasy Origins? I checked the BB site and I would apparently have no luck at my stores. So, if anyone's feeling generous and wouldn't mind hooking me up, PM me.

edit: I also need to find Paper Mario somewhere.

#371 Prepster   The Bulls are Back!!! CAGiversary!   2609 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:21 PM

Just went to two different best buys to scope out all the games for tomorrow, I found 1 dam game at both stores, and that was the eye toy...... The games i checked for were
Paper mario
Disneys Tarzan
Excitebike Classic
Tony hawks Undergorund GBA
Eye Toy
Future Tactics
Growlanser Generation- Both said they no longer will carry this game.. wtf?
Kill Switch
Namco Museum
Narc PS2
Nicktoons movin PS2
Pinball Hall of Fame PS2
Rocky PS2
Scooby Doo Mystery Mayhem Ps2
Sega Superstars PS2
Silent Hill 4 PS2
Y's: The Ark of Naphistam PS2
Catwoman Xbox
Crash Nitro Cart Xbox
Star Wars Starfighter Xbox
Yager Xbox

Not one of those was in stock at either store besides the eyetoy, so would it be better if I just order all my shit off the online store and get the money back when I get it in the mail?

#372 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29324 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:22 PM

Growlanser Generation- Both said they no longer will carry this game.. wtf?

Y's: The Ark of Naphistam PS2

both have discountiuned UPC so your going to have a hard time finding them

#373 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29324 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:23 PM

Well, I'm a little mad because I found the games "in stock" at my local Best Buy earlier this morning. Now, they say "unavailable". Crap, now I have to wait an extra day to have Radiata Stories.:(

Well, I'll just have to see what happens when I call a family member while they are at Best Buy, since I'm at college right now.:(

unless they had more in the back NOrthcrest bb only had 1 copy of Radiata stories in stock

#374 kimsh0t   Banned Banned   1353 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:26 PM

NDS - Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
PS2 - Growlanser Generations
PS2 - Y's: The Ark of Napishtim
GBA - Final Fantasy I&II: Dawn of Souls
GBA - Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

gonna get those maybe

#375 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:26 PM

are you certain they'll let you do that? my BB's are pretty much assholes about pricematching with their website...they swear that their site and b&m are two completely different stores

Then UI'll just return it and then buy it again.......duh

#376 OddTodd87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:31 PM

So this all happens tomorrow? (Monday) Well i just called one of the best buys near me and i asked about the sale and she had no clue what i was talking about and said i must have the wrong store and such, so i guess after my class tomorrow i'll be stopping into best buy and with high hopes see if this sale is for real.

#377 Sanosuke Sagara   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Sanosuke Sagara

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:32 PM

Is this online or in-store only? If its online I'm so gettin me a gba astro boy

#378 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:33 PM

I might actually do next day shipping... it will come to $15 per game, which is still a hell of a deal for Growlanser and Ys.

I got just got the email myself telling me they aren't available... free ground shipping can blow me, though. I'm going to call them, cancel the order, then place a new order for Growlanser and Ys shipped next day. This way, if the website changes tommorrow, my order is already sent and I can just get them to price adjust it over the phone.

If they don't update it, I will take it to Best Buy B&M to see if they will price adjust it. If they don't, I will then see if I can return / rebuy it, and if everything fails I will just straight up return them for all my money back.

I'm doing the exact same thing

#379 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:34 PM

are you certain they'll let you do that? my BB's are pretty much assholes about pricematching with their website...they swear that their site and b&m are two completely different stores

Same here, but again, my BB sucks dick and can go to hell:D

#380 Mana Knight   Chrom CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:38 PM

unless they had more in the back NOrthcrest bb only had 1 copy of Radiata stories in stock

I was going to have the one by Jefferson Pointe checked for me, since it's 10 minutes closer to me compared to Northcrest. I do see the game "in stock", at both stores currently. If they aren't there tomarrow, I'll just have the ad taken to somewhere else, like Meijer (if they get the game in on Tuesday).

#381 swetooth9   Go Heels! CAGiversary!   7144 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:39 PM

just making sure that if i buy the games today, i can get it repriced to the sale price tomorrow or the next day, correct?

#382 regisphilbi0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1599 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

regisphilbi0

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:43 PM

just making sure that if i buy the games today, i can get it repriced to the sale price tomorrow or the next day, correct?

yep. i myself will go to BB later today to do just that.

#383 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10602 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:48 PM

so 1080 is still 9.99 I was hoping for it to go to 4.99 my local BB has like 10+ in stock!

#384 Hovercraft   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   660 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:52 PM

If anyone would be interetsed in picking me up a copy of final fantasy 8 and/or grownslanser generations PM me. ill pay extra for them. NOTE i only have CC paypall

#385 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:54 PM

the eyetoy is horrible it hardly recognizes the movements

Not true. My Eyetoy works great. Sometimes it's a bit off, but for the most part it works wonderuflly and is a great party item.

#386 Camwi   Can I be a sasquatch too? CAGiversary!   930 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:55 PM

Bah.. I just called our closest Best Buy and asked if they knew anything about the sale, and they didn't. But then again, I've had problems with this Best Buy's employees not knowing about stuff in the past. Is this sale for sure taking place in every Best Buy? I don't want to drive a half hour on the highway for nothing, especially since my car might not even make it that far.. :(

#387 punqsux   1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank CAGiversary!   11197 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:57 PM

calling and asking about the sale is not going to work very well.

1) bb employees may have been told not to say anything
2) bb employees may not even KNOW about it..

#388 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:00 PM

calling and asking about the sale is not going to work very well.

1) bb employees may have been told not to say anything
2) bb employees may not even KNOW about it..

I think I'll do a better summarization of the code of conduct of sales.

*clears throat* Just Don't Call Period!

#389 Camwi   Can I be a sasquatch too? CAGiversary!   930 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:01 PM

So basically my only way of knowing for sure is to actually be there tomorrow? Because I just wish there was some way of knowing for absolutely sure, so I could give someone else my shift tomorrow, have the day off, and get there right away in the morning.

#390 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:02 PM

Too bad the only one near me has the worst gaming selection I have ever seen. KMart has better choices.

So yet again I miss out.

Fuck you BB, Fuck you.

I love this post...