This has to be the GREATEST "DEAL" i've ever gotten.

captaincold

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
This may sound stupid & i know most of u know about this but i just got a public library card and they have a TON of dvd's/cd's i can check-out for FREE!!!!

I was surprised to see that they have a HUGE rap music selection & all the new released movies.

I think if word really spread about these free "rentals" at libraries that blockbuster and other rental places would be in some serious trouble.

[quote name='gza331']my library doesnt have shit[/quote]

So go get some stuff. Unless it's shit you want, then I can't really help you. :roll:

[quote name='gza331']my library doesnt have shit[/quote]

You don't want the public library, you want the public restroom.

I wish I still lived in a big city, my towns library is only slightly larger than my living room and they don't even have cd's there, unless I overlooked them. I sure would like to bum some copies of the Lord of the Rings trilogy audio books. As well as Harry Potter to pass the time amongst my 2 hour drives to work.

My local libary also has video games that I can check out, but the problem is that they are all older games, that people have been nice enough to donate to the library. They have a nice selection of Dreamcast and N64 games, but not too much for Xbox or PS2, execpt sport titles.

Mine usually has the new movies as soon as they come out and can be put on hold then. Right now I've got Along Came Polly and 50 First Dates on hold. :D I went yesterday to find Bubba Ho-Tep on the shelf. I get them for a week unlike Blockbuster.

[quote name='supermariomelee']Mine usually has the new movies as soon as they come out and can be put on hold then. Right now I've got Along Came Polly and 50 First Dates on hold. :D I went yesterday to find Bubba Ho-Tep on the shelf. I get them for a week unlike Blockbuster.[/quote]

My library might get stuff that fast, but everything seems to fly out of there really fast. The best thing I found was all four seasons of the Sopranos. Although I only get each DVD for 2 days, so it was a lot of running back and forth for me.

is there like a certain time you have to return these dvd's? ... or could i say.... rent these for 15 or so years?

my library (ERIE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM) gives you DVDs for a week and its two dollars a day after that. you can request them online and have dvds sent from other libs to libs closer to you, since erie county is rather large. its a good way to get rare and older films on dvd or vhs and if you can return them joints with time to spare its probly the greatest invention of man, but if you keep three dvds for a few days over, it becomes a bloodfest

Anybody remember that moldy book smell that happens when you open up a book in a library that's been sitting on a shelf since the Cuban Missle Crisis or something? Good stuff... :)

My library has an excellent selection, like 300 VHS or so and about 100+ DVD's, with a lot of new stuff each week. You get 2 DVD's/VHS's a week on a card.

I think the real issue here is that someone out there is providing free listening of media!!! I thought the RIAA shut all those lawless punks down. Someone please report your local library to Metallica. In this country we don't put up with people who share media, it really hurts "artists" and "filmmakers".

REPORT YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY FOR FILE SHARING NOW!!!

[quote name='EddieBelfour']my library (ERIE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM) gives you DVDs for a week and its two dollars a day after that. you can request them online and have dvds sent from other libs to libs closer to you, since erie county is rather large. its a good way to get rare and older films on dvd or vhs and if you can return them joints with time to spare its probly the greatest invention of man, but if you keep three dvds for a few days over, it becomes a bloodfest[/quote]

one more guy from buffalo!

Tough luck on trying to get those DVDs, my cos (starmask 2k3) rents any and every dvd even if he doesn't want to watch it.

Some also have "study" rooms with tv's that you can reserve.

Find out if they have in house dvd players or vcrs, if not bring your own like i do. Toss a couple bucks in the vending machine and you have a cheapass date. I'm assuming your library study room has curtains like mine does, just incase your girl is timid about the bookworms tryin to catch a peek of her cliff notes. :lol:

We married guys are always on the lookout for places to take our dates, wifes get jealous fast.

To check out movies at my local library it costs a dollar or two a day. Not to bad a deal, because most of the time I only want a movie for a day or two. The bad thing is that they only have the fullscreen versions of movies. If I wanted to see the fullscreen version I would watch it on TV.

bread's done
Back