50% anime @ DVDplanet -ends 9/26/2005

Xevious

CAGiversary!
Disclaimer: I have just recently placed an order with this website so I can not comment on how reliable this place is. I did hear some good feedback from a few CAGers so I took a chance with my order.

The information I have concerning this sale came from an email I received from them.

Thanks

Some decent deals, but nothing too great from what I could see.

A couple of the better ones I seen:
Kino's Journeys Collection ~19.99
King of Bandits Jing Collection ~19.99
Excel Saga Collection ~44.99

What are other people seeing/buying?

I'd like to hear about these guy's customer service too! There's a bunch of ADV titles I'd like, and this is a better deal than the Rightstuf 40% off sales- IF it's a reliable site! :D

Azumanga class Album - 34.98. Not bad, tho I'm not sure about shipping and stuff.

Weird, why does this say disc count 3? Hopefully a typo and not a bootleg.

[quote name='Robobandit']Ought to do a little more research before jumping on a deal.. hopefully you won't get burned.[/QUOTE]

Wow. thanks. I was about to jump on this deal but I'm skipping out. SO much negative feedback. buyer beware.

Funny right below the anime dvd they have a link to adv films and when you click on it, its a dead link.

[quote name='beguile']Wow. thanks. I was about to jump on this deal but I'm skipping out. SO much negative feedback. buyer beware.

Funny right below the anime dvd they have a link to adv films and when you click on it, its a dead link.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I ran a search on CAG and I pm a few people here to see what their experiences are for DVDplanet.

The feedback on that website is pretty old.

Like I said, I put up a disclaimer on this thread. Some of the recent transactions from my fellow CAGs have been favorable. I haven't received my game in the mail yet so I can't say whether or not its a good website.

They are a legit store. They have a store front in Huntington Beach, CA. I'm not sure about ordering from them online though. I never have because the store is fairly close to my house.

[quote name='Robobandit']Ought to do a little more research before jumping on a deal.. hopefully you won't get burned.[/QUOTE]

bear in mind that resellerratings is primarily a PC part reseller resource.

Also bear in mind that there are only SEVEN reviews/ratings that figure is coming from, and they are ALL over 2 years old. (July 2003).

I've ordered from them without a problem, and considering they're one of the indexed sites on dvdpricesearch, I consider them reputable. Every company is going to have a few customers fall through the cracks, but having no complaints filed about them in 2 years (and two of them on the same day, which sounds suspicious).

Take that site with a grain of salt.

This is a more realistic review site:

http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--603,prerd--1.html

"Over 25,000 customers have rated this store since 2000

Overall Rating Summary
Past Week Past Month Past 3 Months
Positive 77% 81% 82%
Neutral — 4% 3%
Negative 23% 15% 15%"

it sounds like 4 out of 5 people are satisfied, and 80% positive rating is really good, considering the only time most people want to give opinions of stores they're ordering from is when they've had a BAD experience. Nobody says anything when they're happy.

Well, I just placed a large order.

Ah! My Goddess #1 (w/ Art Box) (DVD) $22.48 1 $22.48
Ghost In The Shell: Season #2 v1 (Limited Edition) (DVD) $24.98 1 $24.98
Ghost In The Shell: Season #2 v2 (Limited Edition) (DVD) $24.98 1 $24.98
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex #4 (Limited Edition) (DVD) $14.98 1 $14.98
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex #5 (Limited Edition) (DVD) $14.98 1 $14.98
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex #6 (Limited Edition) (DVD) $17.48 1 $17.48
Last Exile #7: Sealed Move (DVD) $14.98 1 $14.98
Requiem From The Darkness #2: Human Atrocity (DVD) $12.48 1 $12.48
Requiem From The Darkness #3: Pain Of The Damned (DVD) $12.48 1 $12.48
Requiem From The Darkness #4: Eternal Rest (DVD) $12.48 1 $12.48

Sub-total $172.30
Tax $0.00
( Media Mail ) Shipping $0.00
Total $172.30

I'll let ypu know how it goes.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Well, I just placed a large order.

Ah! My Goddess #1 (w/ Art Box) (DVD) $22.48 1 $22.48
Ghost In The Shell: Season #2 v1 (Limited Edition) (DVD) $24.98 1 $24.98
Ghost In The Shell: Season #2 v2 (Limited Edition) (DVD) $24.98 1 $24.98
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex #4 (Limited Edition) (DVD) $14.98 1 $14.98
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex #5 (Limited Edition) (DVD) $14.98 1 $14.98
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex #6 (Limited Edition) (DVD) $17.48 1 $17.48
Last Exile #7: Sealed Move (DVD) $14.98 1 $14.98
Requiem From The Darkness #2: Human Atrocity (DVD) $12.48 1 $12.48
Requiem From The Darkness #3: Pain Of The Damned (DVD) $12.48 1 $12.48
Requiem From The Darkness #4: Eternal Rest (DVD) $12.48 1 $12.48

Sub-total $172.30
Tax $0.00
Total $172.30

I'll let ypu know how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Someone's filling in the gaps in their series collections....

And I have a lot more gaps than that.

I thought about picking up their Samurai CHamploo. $15 is about $5 cheapoer than everywhere else. But I didn't ewant to go over $200.

Everything else I need I can get for the same price during a DDD 20% off Sale.

I ordered Burnout Revenge from them during the weekend. I will let you guys know how it goes here too.

Sweet! Do these guys sell only legit copies? I want Kiki's Delivery Service but it lists it as having only one disk, and I thought the Disney releases had two disks.

Not a big order but...

Last Exile #5: Grand Stream (DVD) $14.98
Yu Yu Hakusho #30: King Urameshi (DVD) $12.48

Sub-total $27.46
Tax $0.00
(Media Mail) Shipping $0.00
TOTAL $27.46

If this goes smooth I'll order some more stuff later if the 50% off is still in effect. This is a small test to see how long the free shipping takes.

(The Rahxephon thinpack set for $45 is $13 cheaper than Best Buy! Oh so tempted...)

eh.. I was just trying to help. Those ratings are enough to make me avoid them. I'll look forward to your reports when you get your stuff.

I've ordered a number of times from them. Quick shipping, not a single problem. This si my first order with them this year (I've been trying to save money, that isnt going well tho). I placed a $185 order but 3 of which were preorders (the next volume of fullmetal alchemist, the seconds FMA starter set, the 2nd cardcaptor sakura set). Plus I finished a few other series. I'm sure I'll ahve no problems.

Yea this company has yet to burn me when ordering, I got Berserk from them a while ago. I'm gunna hop on this deal soon. I just wish Nausicaa was half off... it is anime after all, wonder what's up with that. At least I can get Najica Blitz Tactics with the pantsu for a good price ^_^. I also like the 2 pack of Millenium Actress and Ghost in the Shell Innocence as well as the good price on Jin-Roh special edition.

Just spent $242 getting the following:

- Cromartie High 1 w/box/manga, 2,3, and 4
- Genshiken 1 w/box, 2
- Ghost in the Shell SAC special editions 3,4,5,6,7
- Midori Days 1 w/box, 2
- Samurai Champloo 4

GOD HELP ME

[quote name='rodeojones903']Good choice on Genshiken, its fantastic. :D[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I absolutely love this series. It's my favorite new anime coming out in the US. The manga is quite good as well.

schnuth

[quote name='Bezerker']Hmm, looks like the 50% off includes Anime UMD's. Akira, Appleseed, Steamboy, $9.99 each, woot![/QUOTE]

Okay, I see Akira and Appleseed. But how did you get Steamboy for $9.99?
It shows up as $18.87 for UMD and $20.21 for DVD when I search.

[quote name='rodeojones903']anyone have their order ship yet?[/QUOTE]
My copy of Burnout Revenge just shipped today. I ordered it last week (it was a pre-order).

DVDplanet is a great site. I've not bought anything from them in a year or so, but I've been buying stuff from them for 6 or 7 years. Spent thousands of dollars (they have/had an excellent Criterion selection) and never had a problem. Packaging is excellent. Much better than most.

My first order shipped out yesterday.

And I'm about to place another one. I can't pass up the Rahxephon set for $45 (which I now find out is backordered... oh well, I can wait)

I think that tad too expensive. I believe that you could have gotten better picks at ADV sale for your money.

[quote name='russtophiles']Just spent $242 getting the following:

- Cromartie High 1 w/box/manga, 2,3, and 4
- Genshiken 1 w/box, 2
- Ghost in the Shell SAC special editions 3,4,5,6,7
- Midori Days 1 w/box, 2
- Samurai Champloo 4

GOD HELP ME[/QUOTE]

anyone want to order me stuff? i will trade you stuff for animes .

cml what you want because i want anime stuff and pm me please.

And my first order, with free shipping, only took from Saturday until today to get here. Impeccable condition as well, I might add.

Hopefully my backordered Rahxephon thinpack set ships soon...

(Whoo! 100th post! No longer a newb!)

My first two orders arrived quickly, so I just had to place a third before the sale ended...

Last Exile #6: Queen Delphine (DVD) $14.98
Last Exile #7: Sealed Move (DVD) $14.98
Yu Yu Hakusho: Yusuke Rediscovered (DVD) $12.48

$3.00 Coupon $(3.00)

Sub-total $39.44
Tax $0.00
Total $39.44

...and kill off my $3 off of a $30 order new registration coupon! :) Forgot to use it on Rahxephon!

I got an Out of Stock for my status on Jin Roh Sp. Ed., has anyone ordered this and gotten it to ship? It seems like everything else I ordered will or has shipped already though. I just wonder if they'll be able to get more or will I end up losing that one.

[quote name='lunkhead']I got an Out of Stock for my status on Jin Roh Sp. Ed., has anyone ordered this and gotten it to ship? It seems like everything else I ordered will or has shipped already though. I just wonder if they'll be able to get more or will I end up losing that one.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Genshiken Vol 2 and Cowboy Bebop Remix Vol 1, and both are backordered and have not yet shipped. :( Hopefully they will fill my order soon. It annoys me since both appeared to be in stock through the entire checkout process, but then I got a e-mail saying they were backordered.

schnuth

Picked up Orguss 02, Samurai Champloo #4 and the Read or Die OVA. I've been looking for a cheap copy of Orguss 02 forever! Thanks OP!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I have a ton of stuff that's OOS. So I guess I'll have to wait.[/QUOTE]

Well I just called in to cancel my order of Jin-Roh Sp. Ed. since I realized it was the "Anime Legends" version which is akin to Greatest Hits and I like having the original versions if nothing new is added. In any case if anyone has to cancel something it's pretty painless, if the automated menu service doesnt pick up in the first few rings though hang up and try again (It only rang indefinetely on my first try for some reason). After I did get through it was really straight forward and the customer rep was nice. After the item was cancelled I promptly received an email confirming this too so that was nice. Just a heads up for anyone that cares.

Both of my first two orders have backordered items, but they both shipped within about 4 days of ordering (and I've received both). My last order had no backordered items, though.

bread's done
Back