MGS4 and DMC 4 scans, Xenosaga Ep III (Now with MGS 4, DMC4/RE 5 trailer)

Msia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Lots of TGS news. First scans of MGS 4 and DMC4. Episode III announced. I really hope this doesnt mean the entire Xenosaga series is finished after this. Also they're doing EP I & II on the DS. Finally, the cube gets another RPG with Baten Kaiots 2. Nice to see BK getting a sequel as well, I hope they can fix a lot of the faults in the first one.

Devil May Cry 4 - http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5535

Metal Gear Solid 4 - http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5534

XS EP III et al - http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5533

MGS 4 Trailer - http://tallah.org/video/mgs4.wmv

DMC 4 Trailer - http://xboxvideos3.free.fr/videos/prescapcom_tgs2005.wmv

yea, just saw those mgs4 shots on another site. first thought was that it was big boss, but i thought the game was set after mgs2. if it is snake i'll give hideo some credit for aging his most iconic character.

Is Xenosaga 3 ps2 bound, or is it hitting a next gen system?

The article didn't say...

And that Xenosaga 1 and 2 for the DS could be badass if they do it right.

[quote name='Roufuss']Is Xenosaga 3 ps2 bound, or is it hitting a next gen system?

The article didn't say...

And that Xenosaga 1 and 2 for the DS could be badass if they do it right.[/QUOTE]
Episode III is definetly coming to PS2 but according to the article this is the end of the series. It's unknown whether or not this is the end of the current story arc or the entire series all together. I'm sure hoping for the latter.

[quote name='triforcer']yea, just saw those mgs4 shots on another site. first thought was that it was big boss, but i thought the game was set after mgs2. if it is snake i'll give hideo some credit for aging his most iconic character.[/QUOTE]
Apparently that is Solid Snake although I believe it is in fact Big Boss. Were just going to have to wait for some more info or in this case, because of Hideo, play the actual game ;)

i don't know, we haven't really seen any major game hero age that much. this may add something to his legend, badass old guy.

The Xenosaga Story could be ending with Part 3, but I don't think it will be the end of the Xeno-Saga. Xenosaga DS sounds really cool. I just hope they are doing 2 games and not trying to cram both games into one.

And to answer someones question, Xenosaga 3 is PS2 bound.

Not to impressed with DMC4, But MGS4 looks intresting, a Very old Snake?

[quote name='Scorch']blah blah blah, it's all cg[/QUOTE]
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel happy, unless of course you have some sort of proof?

As for me I believe its indeed real time.

Which gi joe character does snake look like? I can't quite put my finger on it...

[quote name='Apossum']Which gi joe character does snake look like? I can't quite put my finger on it...[/QUOTE]
sgt. slaughter minus the sunglasses plus an eye patch.

[quote name='Scorch']blah blah blah, it's all cg[/QUOTE]

"Kojima Productions, the Konami subsidiary headed up by Metal Gear Solid producer Hideo Kojima, has announced that its Tokyo Game Show showing for Metal Gear Solid 4 will consist of a trailer running on actual PS3 hardware. The site makes it clear that we won't be getting target rendered footage, but actual PS3-generated footage. "

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/649/649116p1.html

now apologize! :lol:

MGS4 looks pretty weird, since everyone looks so realistic this time around. Also, after taking a look at that picture of Otacon, I guess it is believable that you play as Solid Snake, not Big Boss.

But in the preview for MGS4 at E3, they showed Meryl in the poster...who the hell wants to see Meryl when she's old? Her butt is probably all flabby.

They should also bring back the clean-cut Snake from MGS. He is just a bum now.

Actually...this has got to be Solidus.

yea, but vamp is still alive and kicking. maybe meryl wont look too bad, i mean snake had a couple of more years clocked in than her. she was still green so she wasn't that old in mgs.

Snake was probably pushin' 40 in MGS2. I mean, he was born in the early 70s, right? And the games take place in the future, don't they?

ROFL DANTE LOOKS SO fuckING STUPID! Capcom makes him look worse with each game. The old ass Snake looks bad aswell.

[quote name='evanft']Snake was probably pushin' 40 in MGS2. I mean, he was born in the early 70s, right? And the games take place in the future, don't they?[/QUOTE]

They should transport Snake's brain into a younger cyborg body, then he can stay young forever! :)

[quote name='evanft']Snake was probably pushin' 40 in MGS2. I mean, he was born in the early 70s, right? And the games take place in the future, don't they?[/QUOTE]

it's metal gear solid, it doesn't stand up to any scrutinization ;-)

Who would you put your money on, Dante or Snake?

I don't normally partake in these arguments, but Dante hands down. Snake is a bad ass survivalist, but Dante has had huge swords stuck in his chest, point blank shots to his forehead, got eaten by a huge, airborn whale....among other things. I'm sure something cool happened to him in 2, but I never played it.

Xenosaga 1+2 looks promising for the DS-- they'll at least be forced to cutdown on those awfully long fetch quests and they are bringing back the ep.1 battle system, which is nice.
I'm guessing all those cutscenes will be in text now, which is cool too.

[quote name='zewone']Why does "Solid Snake" look like Peter Parker's boss JJ?[/QUOTE]

or Nick Fury, perhaps?

[quote name='62t']Am I the only person interest in baten kaitos 2?[/QUOTE]
Nope I liked the first as well. If they could just fix the VA and make the battles a little better, I'd be happy.

Damn, they made Dante as ugly as the 82 year old Solid Snake as well. Jeez, with these new systems you think they would get some decent design artists.

More Xeno and BK info from GS
Xenosaga Episode III will take place one year after the end of Episode II and will once again focus on the adventures of series heroine Shion Uzuki and her friends. Party members confirmed to be in Episode III include JR, KOS-MOS, and Ziggy. The graphics in Xenosaga Episode III will be in the more-realistic style of Episode II, as opposed to the cutely deformed look of Episode I.

Episode III takes place after Shion resigns from her job as chief engineer of Vector Corporation's R&D Division when she discovers the company is involved in the destructive Gnosis Phenomenon. She now works together with an underground organization called Scientia, which is attempting to expose Vector Corporation's wrongdoings. After her departure from Vector, Shion learns that her old employer has canceled its KOS-MOS project--just as a mysterious android named T-elos, which strikingly resembles KOS-MOS, appears. It's expected that Episode III will reveal many of the mysteries surrounding the series, such as the Vector Corporation's true objective.

Xenosaga Episode III will once again feature two battle modes: character battle, where party members directly fight with enemies, and robot battle, where they duke it out inside giant mechs. Character battles will feature three-member parties as in previous installments. The game has abandoned the complicated zone system from Episode II, and the powerful tech attacks from Episode I have been brought back.

Baten Kaitos II will take place in the same fantasy world as the original installment, albeit 20 years prior to the original. The main character is a youth named Sagi, a cheerful assassin who works for the powerful Alfard Empire, which also appeared in the original Baten Kaitos. The sequel will see Sagi go on a journey to find the source of a series of unnatural phenomena. Journeying together with Sagi on his adventures is heroine Milly and a mysterious mechanical doll named Giro. Milly works in the same assassin group as Sagi, while Giro meets up with Sagi during his quest to discover his origins. Namco hints there will be additional party members, including characters from the original Baten Kaitos.

Thank God Konami is doing something different to the Metal Gear franchise -- especially something in way of character development. I'm welcoming this with arms wide open...

[quote name='Brak']Thank God Konami is doing something different to the Metal Gear franchise -- especially something in way of character development. I'm welcoming this with arms wide open...[/QUOTE]

Damn you and fuck Creed. :bomb: :lol:

*pukes*

A shitty band destroyed a fairly good expression.

I'm contemplating cutting my hands off after typing that shit.

actually, not to bust anyone's balls about this one, but it seems that snakes real hair color all this time since MGS1 has been white anyway, he just dyes his hair. I can't confirm it, but I am almost sure of it. So this IS probably Solid Snake, but just with a grown mustache and now hair dye... I personally liek the fact that age shows on snake, because too many series often stretch out storys for impossible lengths for any person to live out (comic books are a good example of this).

even so, it also would make sense for this to be Big Boss, since Snake never really learned CQC, but Big Boss actually had a hand in creating it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']actually, not to bust anyone's balls about this one, but it seems that snakes real hair color all this time since MGS1 has been white anyway, he just dyes his hair. I can't confirm it, but I am almost sure of it. So this IS probably Solid Snake, but just with a grown mustache and now hair dye... I personally liek the fact that age shows on snake, because too many series often stretch out storys for impossible lengths for any person to live out (comic books are a good example of this).

even so, it also would make sense for this to be Big Boss, since Snake never really learned CQC, but Big Boss actually had a hand in creating it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah its like I said earlier, Hideo loves to tease us and we're not going to get the truth on this until it comes straight from his mouth (not going to happen) or we sit down and play the actual game.

About the MGS4 pics, that is not Big Boss. Big Boss lost his right eye, not his left as those pics show. Solidus, however, did lose his left eye(pictured below) but I dont think he knew CQC.

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']About the MGS4 pics, that is not Big Boss. Big Boss lost his right eye, not his left as those pics show. Solidus, however, did lose his left eye(pictured below) but I dont think he knew CQC.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, its solidus, now snake doesnt have to be that old guy!! I am so happy now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']actually, not to bust anyone's balls about this one, but it seems that snakes real hair color all this time since MGS1 has been white anyway, he just dyes his hair. I can't confirm it, but I am almost sure of it. So this IS probably Solid Snake, but just with a grown mustache and now hair dye... I personally liek the fact that age shows on snake, because too many series often stretch out storys for impossible lengths for any person to live out (comic books are a good example of this).

even so, it also would make sense for this to be Big Boss, since Snake never really learned CQC, but Big Boss actually had a hand in creating it.[/QUOTE]

I think in either MGS1 or 2 they explain that because Snake was cloned from Big Boss in his older years, he suffers from accelerated aging. This could explain his new look.

Dont think it is big boss because Big Boss had his right eye cut out.
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/umbramantis/mgs3/boss.jpg
It could be a new character all together though.

That doesn't really look like an eye-patch in the MGS4 pics. I read its some device used to control his own personal robot (which is on the 3rd page).

I also believe those are real-time. Kojima has said it was he also rarely uses CG.

Anyway, the screens look great. Can't believe those are real. The game also can't be too far along so they can only get better. I think Otacon looks great. His new character model fits him quite well. I like the idea of Snake aging. This means they won't milk his character to death. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the characters.

bread's done
Back