Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Spoiler Discussion

RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
DONT POST LINKS!

I just want to know what everyone thought. I liked it. I really like the animation, very amazing stuff. The voice acting was good (not that I can understand japanese, but it didnt sound stupid, no girly voice for cloud or anything) and I really liked all the fight scenes.

The story was good, I wouldn't say amazing. It might be confusing for people that havent played the game, so I'm not going to want to watch it with my friends that haven't, theyll be asking me all sorts of questions.

The thing I found most disapointing was the soundtrack, I was hoping for some more original stuff, not just copies off old CDs.

Also, does anyone else think they left it open for a sequel, either game or movie. I don't know, maybe it was the translation, but Sephiroths last words seemed to foreshadow something. (just noticed zewone has this as his avatar and rank...)

On another note, I like how the movie opened the same way the game ended. Pretty neat.

No time to watch yet, but i've herd good things so far. Also, if you didnt play the game I suggest you also download Last Order because I guess it retells some important events explained in the game and is a like prequel

[quote name='iheartmetal']The thing I found most disapointing was the soundtrack, I was hoping for some more original stuff, not just copies off old CDs. [/QUOTE]
Care to elaborate wtf you're you're talking about. How can you not make another FF movie without Uematsu at the helm. Only a few songs were taken from FF VII Piano Collections and One-Winged Angel and Jenova are both brand new arranges. Here's the tracklist coming from the OST due on the 28th:

FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN Original Soundtrack
Catalogue Number SQEX-10051~2
Publisher Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Composition Nobuo Uematsu, Keiji Kawamori, Kenichiro Fukui, Tsuyoshi Sekito
Arrangement Keiji Kawamori, Kenichiro Fukui, Tsuyoshi Sekito
First Printing September 28, 2005
Price ¥3,000

Disc 1 - Playing Time
01 Opening
02 The Promised Land
03 Beyond The Wasteland
04 Sign
05 Tifa's Theme (Piano Version)
06 For the Reunion
07 Those Who Fight (Piano Version)
08 Water
09 Materia
10 Black Water
11 Aerith's Theme (Piano Version)
12 Battle in the Forgotten City
13 Violator
14 The Great Northern Cave (FFVII AC Version)

Disc 2 - Playing Time
01 Divinity I
02 Those Who Fight (FFVII AC Version)
03 Those Who Fight Further (FFVII AC Version)
04 Divinity II
05 Encounter
06 The Chase of Highway
07 Savior
08 J-E-N-O-V-A (FFVII AC Version)
09 Advent: One-Winged Angel
10 Cloud Smiles
11 End Credits
12 CALLING

[quote name='iheartmetal']I don't know, maybe it was the translation, but Sephiroths last words seemed to foreshadow something. (just noticed zewone has this as his avatar and rank...[/QUOTE]
:cool:

well it sure didnt sound original, maybe those songs just stand out because ive heard them before. as for the songs that were "newly" arranged, I didn't care much for them, I would have preferred more symphonic stuff.

I thought it sucked, personally. The animation was jerky in a lot of points and the action and camera angles often moved too fast. There were too many shots that focused on showing off. For example, everyone knows the snow in Monsters Inc was fucking incredible. But they didn't do closeup shots of it like AC does with clothing and other worthless items. Some of the backgrounds and other details were unimpressive at best. Pretty much all the main characters from FF7 came out of nowhere in one scene and did pretty much absolutely nothing. The storyline was crap and some of the music seemed out of place. This is just my opinion, please don't flame me for it. I'd love to hear some arguments otherwise though. :D

Oh and I heard much of the music was borrowed from the FF7 Piano Collection and the Black Mages.

I can't wait for the soundtrack to come out. I loved the soundtrack of the movie. Especially the rearrangement of One Winged Angel. Definitely loved the movie. Watched it a second time today with my friend. And I seriously wish there was more Yuffie action in it. I hated her in the game, but she was awesome in the movie, with great lines like "DISCRIMINATION! DISCRIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMIIIIIINNNNATION!!!!"

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I thought it sucked, personally. The animation was jerky in a lot of points and the action and camera angles often moved too fast. There were too many shots that focused on showing off. For example, everyone knows the snow in Monsters Inc was fucking incredible. But they didn't do closeup shots of it like AC does with clothing and other worthless items. Some of the backgrounds and other details were unimpressive at best. Pretty much all the main characters from FF7 came out of nowhere in one scene and did pretty much absolutely nothing. The storyline was crap and some of the music seemed out of place. This is just my opinion, please don't flame me for it. I'd love to hear some arguments otherwise though. :D

Oh and I heard much of the music was borrowed from the FF7 Piano Collection and the Black Mages.[/QUOTE]

I feel ya on the fast moving camera. But I thought the animation was really great, even the showing off stuff. I mean if it looks good, flaunt it. I like the story, for the most part, but I didn't think it was totally amazing like wow this is the greatest movie I've ever seen. And also, I can see how the characters coming out of nowhere in Midgard was kinda weird, but I was just happy to see them all. And yes a lot of the music was borrowed from said sources.

I've seen all these fanboys say this is the best movie ever. To that they can go fuck themselves because I know for a fact it isn't. I can definitely see people liking the movie a lot, but saying it's the best movie ever is extreme.

Oh, and I'm not a fan of FF7, but my friend is, and he agreed with me on all counts that this movie sucks.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I've seen all these fanboys say this is the best movie ever. To that they can go fuck themselves because I know for a fact it isn't. I can definitely see people liking the movie a lot, but saying it's the best movie ever is extreme.

Oh, and I'm not a fan of FF7, but my friend is, and he agreed with me on all counts that this movie sucks.[/QUOTE]
Saying the movie sucks is definitely just as extreme as saying the movie is the best movie ever. You're looking at it from a technical standpoint and not even at a big picture. I'm also wondering, did you download it or import it? Because the jerkiness that you complained about could be due to the download/codecs.
I'm not going to get in an argument, but seriously, chill out. You say don't flame you but you made 2 flamebait posts in a topic. When you say something sucks in a topic about that something, you're usually asking for someone to flame you.

[quote name='The VGM']I dont remember him from the game. Where was he at?[/QUOTE]

You only see him through flashbacks, as he's dead before the game starts. If I remember the story correctly, he is Cloud's best friend in SOLDIER, and they're both experimented on during the JENOVA project. Zack breaks the two out and they escape, but Zack is injured while escaping which leads to his death. Cloud sort of takes on Zack's persona.

Well, the action and cg were both great. The story, like the story in FF7 sucked, but I thought it did an ok enough job for the final fantasy fans out there.

[quote name='The VGM']Got it.

I think they should make an FF8 movie :D[/QUOTE]

That would truly be bitchin'. The characters have more personality, for the most part, than FF7.

There were only a couple big things that irked me.

1) There was too much flying going on. I know it's FF but cmon. It was like crouching tiger x10. These people shouldn't be fighting they should be playing basketball.

2) Where was Cait Sith's big puppet dude?

I think the moogle part of Cait Sith got left behind. I guess Reeve just wanted to ride on Red XIII. As far as the whole CTHD-ness of the movie, it really makes sense for Kadaj, Loz, Yazoo, and Cloud, as the JENOVA cells in them give them superhero like power. As for how EVERYONE else does it, I'm just gonna blame it on low gravity.

Damn man you're pretty into this game. You got answers to all my questions.

How come Cloud never used his buster sword and left it up on that mountain?

[quote name='The VGM']Damn man you're pretty into this game. You got answers to all my questions.

How come Cloud never used his buster sword and left it up on that mountain?[/QUOTE]
I think that was supposed to be a sort of grave marker for Zack. And come on, would you use a level 1 sword or a level 75+ sword?

Yeah. Cloud doesn't use the sword in the game (unless you're crazy) because it's so weak with him. With Zack, on the other hand, it would be the ultimate weapon. Cloud, according to knowledge, didn't know how to properly use the weapon.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Can someone tell me why it starts with Red XIII 500 years later (ala the game's actual ending)? Is the movie a flashback from that point?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the movie itself takes place 2 years after the defeat of that guy with the long ass name that noone can pronounce.

That Red XIII was completely unnecessary because after he howls it goes to say 498 years before.

[quote name='karsh']You only see him through flashbacks, as he's dead before the game starts. If I remember the story correctly, he is Cloud's best friend in SOLDIER, and they're both experimented on during the JENOVA project. Zack breaks the two out and they escape, but Zack is injured while escaping which leads to his death. Cloud sort of takes on Zack's persona.[/QUOTE]

For more on Zack's story, hold your breath until next summer for Final Fantasy: Crisis Core on the PSP, which will apparently focus on Zack, Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth.

Yushinor1 Kitase said it's going to be Zack's story, so it should fill in a lot of stuff.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']For more on Zack's story, hold your breath until next summer for Final Fantasy: Crisis Core on the PSP, which will apparently focus on Zack, Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth.

Yushinor1 Kitase said it's going to be Zack's story, so it should fill in a lot of stuff.[/QUOTE]
The anime included with AC, Last Order, also deals a lot with Cloud/Zack.

[quote name='Msia']The anime included with AC, Last Order, also deals a lot with Cloud/Zack.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much the trailer for Crisis Core

I don't understand how you guys can say a movie sucks when you haven't seen it in English yet. Or is there somewhere I can watch it in English? It seems like you guys downloaded and are bitching about something that may not even be a finished product. I love the Final Fantasy Series but I'm nowhere close to being a fanboy.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

I agree about it not being the best movie ever, I do however say its the best looking movie ever :D

I had a bunch of problems with the story like how all the characters just came out of nowhere for just that one fight, I think they should have been more involved.

But I loved it and even though the fighting scenes were all crouching tiger hidden dragon type stuff it was still extremely awesome to watch IMO.

[quote name='whoknows']I agree about it not being the best movie ever, I do however say its the best looking movie ever :D

I had a bunch of problems with the story like how all the characters just came out of nowhere for just that one fight, I think they should have been more involved.

But I loved it and even though the fighting scenes were all crouching tiger hidden dragon type stuff it was still extremely awesome to watch IMO.[/QUOTE]
Well they all did call Cloud and say they were going to help. And of course they arrive in Midgar to see a huge summon, where else are they going to go? They should have been more involved.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Can someone tell me why it starts with Red XIII 500 years later (ala the game's actual ending)? Is the movie a flashback from that point?[/QUOTE]
Yes, the whole movie is a flashback after the Red XIII part.

I'm tellin you, someone call Square and get them to make the FF8 movie. I want to see Ifrit hurl fireballs at people. More questions:

How come in this movie Barret was mad diesel, but in the game he's really fat?

Why does everyone care about Aeris so much?

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Well they all did call Cloud and say they were going to help. And of course they arrive in Midgar to see a huge summon, where else are they going to go? They should have been more involved.[/QUOTE]

I guess I missed that part.

Anyways I was still extremley depressed they weren't more involved.

[quote name='whoknows']I guess I missed that part.

Anyways I was still extremley depressed they weren't more involved.[/QUOTE]
It was when the cell phone was at the bottom of the water. They all called saying, Reno called he sounded weird but I'm on my way type of deal.

[quote name='zewone']My question: Who is Marlene to Barret? I don't recall. In the movie he asks about her though.[/QUOTE]

Daughter. Can't you see it?

[quote name='AngellicLulu']It was when the cell phone was at the bottom of the water. They all called saying, Reno called he sounded weird but I'm on my way type of deal.[/QUOTE]

Oh....ok I know what you are talking about.

I always wonder how stupid would you feel if you were Kudaj and found out the thing you've been searching for was hidden under a sheet in front of you?
Rufus is a crafty bugger.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Daughter. Can't you see it?[/QUOTE]

:lol: This is another part of the movie that's seriously stupid. The graphics in FF7 sucked enough that we could sort of believe Marlene was his daughter. But she looks white as a ghost in the movie. They at least could have made her a little darker....

bread's done
Back