Dragon Quest VIII demo + keychain for free inside

Msia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw this on Gaming-Age, any west coast CAGs want to hook some of us east coast people up?

Edit:

http://www.dragonquest8.com/register.php

Guides:

Regular Edition

BradyGames’ Dragon Quest VIII Official Strategy Guide includes the following:

A walkthrough highlighting various aspects of the gameplay.
Detailed maps of every region.
Thorough coverage of all characters, spells, skills and items.
Expert boss strategies to defeat even the toughest boss monster, and ultimately Dhoulmagus.
In-depth bestiary of all monsters.
Signature Series guide includes an exclusive poster, bonus content and more!

Limited Edition

BradyGames’ Dragon Quest VIII Limited Edition Strategy Guide includes the following:

A walkthrough highlighting various aspects of the gameplay.
Detailed maps of every region.
Thorough coverage of all characters, spells, skills and items.
Expert boss strategies to defeat even the toughest boss monster, and ultimately Dhoulmagus.
In-depth bestiary of all monsters.
Limited Edition guide includes an exclusive artbook, poster, bonus content and more!

[quote name='wannabepunktony']Aw man, awesome! I didn't see anything like this when I was at EB today, but I will look when I go back later this week! Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]
np, apparently the demo is pretty long but doesnt contain a save feature :cry:

Shopko is also advertising this demo "free" with purchase of a select few games. The kicker is that the ad claims its a $4.99 value. I was at shopko the other day and the demo sleeve doesn't even have a fucking barcode. $4.99 my ass...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Shopko is also advertising this demo "free" with purchase of a select few games. The kicker is that the ad claims its a $4.99 value. I was at shopko the other day and the demo sleeve doesn't even have a fucking barcode. $4.99 my ass...[/QUOTE]
Yeah they're free at Fry's and given away with preorders at EB/GS but its totally YMMV since I dont think anyone on the east coast is going to get in on this deal till it gets close till November.

Yeah, went there on Monday and saw that they had about 10 or so of it near the computers where the game section is located. Forgot to ask the guy there if it was free.

For those of you that are interested and don't know about it....

http://www.slimeknights.com/slimeknights/?u=GreenMonkey

GreenMonkey would like to invite you to become a member of Slime Knights

Earn points and get free Dragon Quest stuff. Very Dragon Warrior/Quest fan oriented :D Plus some very excellent Dragon Quest messageboards. I get some pts if you join but if you don't want to give me credit you can just go to slimeknights.com and apply there.

There's been talk about the demo for some time - the Square/Enix rep on the messageboard said it was going to be available to more people than just the Shonen Jump subscribers. They've been going for about $12 shipped on ebay so I would guess this is where theirs were coming from.

MUST

HAVE

DEMO

Thank god for some DQ support and buzz. It's about damn time they tried harder.

Alright, I'm going to visit Fry's Electronics tomorrow. I'll try to grab a couple of extra copies for fellow CAGs on the East Coast!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Shopko is also advertising this demo "free" with purchase of a select few games. The kicker is that the ad claims its a $4.99 value. I was at shopko the other day and the demo sleeve doesn't even have a fucking barcode. $4.99 my ass...[/QUOTE]
I think that means it's free! ... But just to you and me.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I think that means it's free! ... But just to you and me.[/QUOTE]

I thought about just grabbing one and waiting for an argument given that it does have "NOT FOR RESALE" stamped on the front of it. Then I just said to hell with it and left.

Seems like a good place to put it...

Why is the damn strategy guide for this 29.99? What makes this so limited so that it is more than half the cost of the game?

Already have the slime controller pre-ordered and paid in full at EBgames, and the LE strategy guide I pre-ordered today and put $14 toward it by trading in Taiko Drum Master & the .99 Rocky from the BB clearance sale. :D

^ I don't think I've seen you post much on Slime Knights, GreenMonkey. I'm Onionkid over there. I'll have to keep an eye out for ya.

I hope they still have some left when I get there later today. Any demo of an rpg is always worth checking out...except those really crappy ones.:roll:

NOOOO fuck! my store is OOS already! if someone gets a demo I will be eternally greatful! i want to play so bad! I will be more than happy to pay you $$ for it!

Just picked up my demo when I went to preorder X-Men Legends 2. The guy gave me the X-Men poster and the demo cause he said I came in there a lot so he'll hook me up with one.

Well I finally got my copy after having to explain to a Fry's employee what a "demo" was. :roll:

I was going to grab a few extra copies for fellow CAGs, but unfortunately I got the last one in stock.

[quote name='Roufuss']Seems like a good place to put it...

Why is the damn strategy guide for this 29.99? What makes this so limited so that it is more than half the cost of the game?[/QUOTE]

On Gamestop they have a regular guide listed for $17.99, and a Limited Edition listed for $29.99.

Its good to see people care about this game. Dragon Warrior I (Art though a descendant of Edrick?) introduced me to RPGs when it came out and the series has not seen a great game (regular series or spinoff) in the series this Dragon Warrior IV (in this country). Hopefully this game will sell well enough for Square-Enix to bring over Dragon Quest V, VI, and the IV remake.

semi off-topic, but fuck it. I picked up this demo today at Gamestop and noticed they had another demo. upon closer inspection, I noticed that it was a Battlefield 2 demo for the PS2. So I asked for one and got it. It could possibly be YMMV.

Anybody get one of these at an EB Games yet? I went in yesterday and the two guys behind the counter looked at me like I was a total idiot!

Thank god I stopped by GS for this today. The clowns there had them sitting right there on the counter for anyone! Since I already have $5 down on the game, I would have hit the ceiling had they already gave them all out.

Anyone know if there's a special edition of the game (not talking about the guide)? I preordered it yesterday at my local Gamestop and the guy asked me if I wanted the regular edition or the special edition. I asked him how much and he said it was $10 more ($59.99) so I went along and preordered the SE. I checked Gamestop.com and EBgames.com and they dont have anything listed about it. You think he got mixed up with the strategy guide?

[quote name='TheRock88']Anyone know if there's a special edition of the game (not talking about the guide)? I preordered it yesterday at my local Gamestop and the guy asked me if I wanted the regular edition or the special edition. I asked him how much and he said it was $10 more ($59.99) so I went along and preordered the SE. I checked Gamestop.com and EBgames.com and they dont have anything listed about it. You think he got mixed up with the strategy guide?[/QUOTE]

I work at gamestop and as of sunday of last week there was only 1 version... very well may have changed though

Can someone PLEASE hook me up with one of these? I'll pay whatever - Does the demo come in a DVD case or is it just a disk in a cardboard insert?

I CANNOT wait forthis game. I imported the japanese version and it really seems like it's going to be a great game.

I was planning on getting some for myself and people here but it looks like someone got them all at the SJ Frys

[quote name='rockhero']Can someone PLEASE hook me up with one of these? I'll pay whatever - Does the demo come in a DVD case or is it just a disk in a cardboard insert?

I CANNOT wait forthis game. I imported the japanese version and it really seems like it's going to be a great game.[/QUOTE]

Disk in a cardboard insert.

They have a good twenty of them out if anyone is in the area and wants one. They are all by the demo setup that hs God of War playing. I only grabbed a few but they are all spoken for. I'll try to get back there and grab a few more for people who couldn't get one.

*Please don't message me asking me for one just yet, I'll hit up the people who requested one already on here and go down the list from there if I am able to grab enough*

I saw them advertised for a preorder at the GS near me. I don't have a preorder on the game. I just asked the guy if I could have one, and he gave it to me no problem.

I managed to pick one of these demos up yesterday during my trip to Fry's in Palo Alto, California.

Apparently, I picked up the last one and it was given to me for free.

Lucky me, but I'd rather trade that kind of luck for hitting the numbers in lotto. LOL

My EB Games didn't have any of them...didn't know when / if they are getting them. I preordered the game, and they said that I'll get one if they get any, but who knows?

I wanna give it a try before I decide to buy, but we'll have to wait and see.

TBW

Try hitting up a Coconuts or FYE. The Coconuts I work for received about 10 of them in Friday's shipment.

Dang, my EB didn't have any. I'd love to get one of these too if anybody has got an extra or is finished playing it and doesn't want to keep it.

[quote name='road3283']Dang, my EB didn't have any. I'd love to get one of these too if anybody has got an extra or is finished playing it and doesn't want to keep it.[/QUOTE]

As would I. From the sound of it, no EB has received them yet...

bread's done
Back