Finally got a Lunar SSC Official guide

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
After being sniped a million times over, and being outbid (some people up to $31), I finally got a great condition Lunar SSC offical guide (with all the stickers and the poster offer) for $15.50. I'm pretty happy about it considering it's in fantastic condition and it actually has all the bromides in it. Now I just need to nail a decent deal on the Lunar 2 guide...good luck with that. :bomb:

Working designs. I got the Prima one for 1.99, and it was a waste fo money. Worst guide EVAR. The WD guides to Lunar 1 & 2 are among the most well-written gamebooks, right up there with Earthbound.

Make sure you are really careful with it...Lunar 1 guides fall apart like crazy. The glue they used was terrible...but congrats, nonetheless...

Make sure you are really careful with it...Lunar 1 guides fall apart like crazy. The glue they used was terrible...but congrats, nonetheless...

Trust this man! Why isn't your custom rank something to do with Lunar? Whenever I see a Rig post, I think: Rig = Lunar. :D

I've had the SSSC guide since the game came out. I loved the series since Sega CD so I spent the $70-80 to preorder everything (waiting well over a year through delays.) Awesome guide, i love the "But we digress!" parts. I never did get the Lunar 2 guide though, still kicking myself in the ass over passing it up at my EB years ago.

[quote name='secretvampire']Trust this man! Why isn't your custom rank something to do with Lunar? Whenever I see a Rig post, I think: Rig = Lunar. :D[/QUOTE]

It used to be: "Dragonmaster" :lol:

Reality's Fringe said:
Didn't know about the glue. Damnit, Working Designs busts ass to cover quality in all areas but the binding glue? That's fundamental! :sad:

Just be extra careful. Don't open the pages all the way...if you are going to open them at all. Yes, it is a gorgeous guide, but if you want to keep it in excellent condition, the only adivce I can give would be not to use it! They fixed this problem by making the Lunar 2 guide hardback, and they got rid of that crap glue...I remember all the hate mail they got for guides falling apart. I actually have three of the guides; two that I do not touch, and the very first one I got, which is in pieces...and I tried my best to keep it together...

EDIT: By the way, the stickers they added are kinda cool, but the best part is the order form in the back to get a "free" (you pay shipping) glossy poster! It is a beautiful poster...and I definitely recommend you getting it...if they still have any available...

dude i've been getting all kind of good deals on ebay lately. just now i won MGS: VR missions, MGS 2, MGS 3, and all their guides, mint complete for $26.50 shipped. then ten minutes later, i won SF: AC sealed, a SF soundtrack CD, and a SF manga for $17.50. i absolutely love ebay as of late.

Does anyone know if they ever actually got around to putting out the Alex puppet? It was supposed to be a preorder item for the PC version of Lunar: SSSC, but I don't think that was ever released either. I have wanted for years to get my Ghaleon puppet a dueling buddy.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I have like 3 of them. It's by far the best guide ever, though perhaps the Lunar 2 guide is just as good.[/QUOTE]

It's not $80+ good though. Working Designs needs to reprint those guides, and only for me.

[quote name='c']Does anyone know if they ever actually got around to putting out the Alex puppet? It was supposed to be a preorder item for the PC version of Lunar: SSSC, but I don't think that was ever released either. I have wanted for years to get my Ghaleon puppet a dueling buddy.[/QUOTE]

They never released it. :cry: I contacted Working Designs many times (20+) about releasing it...but to no avail...

bread's done
Back