MY DOG ATE MY NEW IPOD!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tennisjon2002

CAGiversary!
I just got home to day to see that my new iPod came!! But the only problem was my dog had it!! So it was a new 20 gig straight from Apple. MY brother owned a buisness so he made it so you do not have to sign for a package. He was under 18. Is this a violation of Fed Ex policies? So anyone have any ideas what I can do. This is the most expensive thing I have ever bought on the internet and the first time I have ever had a problem like this. The actual iPod works but it is scratched up and everything else is messed up, wires case etc. Any ideas on what to do?

LMAO, that's crazy...

sorry for your loss. hmmm... maybe you can claim insurance from fed ex? i dunno, but good luck on finding a solution :?

I'm sure there's some return policy, especially on the day you got it. I think most places have at least a 14-day return/exchange period.

[quote name='RaZ']Take your dog to court, chances are he won't be able to afford a lawyer.[/quote]
ha good idea I was about to kill her!!!!

for 5 dollars, i'll come over to your house and kick your dogs ass. Not sure that will really help at all, but he wont scratch up your Ipod anymore..

I wouldn't take this up with FedEx... they didn't do anything that they weren't supposed to do. I would recommend just keeping your Ipod if it isn't too badly scratched up and then purchasing a broken one off ebay for all the wires and accessories. Sorry, sh*t happens, but I wish you the best of luck with this!!!

I actually find that brushing habenero sauce on cords and anything else my dog likes to chew will change his mind rather quicky. if you don't have habenero use tabasco.

[quote name='Tom'][quote name='CheapyD']I think we need pictures.[/quote]
I concur. Pics, ASAP[/quote]

Tom... I just picked up Ice Age finally from CC yesterday for $10. Great movie... gotta love Scrat!

[quote name='Akkis99']By taking this up with FEDex you are commiting fruad and this is punishable by federal court.[/quote]
but should a minor be ablr to do that? I am not nessicarly taking it up with fed ex I am trying to do anything I can!! Does insurance cover this?

[quote name='BigNick']www.imageshack.us[/quote]
Thanks big nick!! here is the first pic
ipodsmall1.jpg

doesnt look too bad to me, though the damage isnt in my face, and its not mine (or id be pissed no matter how messed up it got)

what kind of dog do you have? i was thinking it was unrecognizable because my husky would've probably swallowed it

Well if it's brand new does the IPod itself have some form of manufactor's warranty? Getting FedEx to even look your direction will be a huge pain not to mention the fact that it was delivered in tact and once that happens then it's out of their hands.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']doesnt look too bad to me, though the damage isnt in my face, and its not mine (or id be pissed no matter how messed up it got)

what kind of dog do you have? i was thinking it was unrecognizable because my husky would've probably swallowed it[/quote]

Ditto. My Siberian Husky gets so hyper some times that she can literally run for hours. When you come home somedays, nothing can stop her from pouncing and getting you dirty! (and yes, the damage doesn't look horrible, but then I can't actually observe everything close up... almost everything could be worse :D )

could u take a picture of it in your dogs mouth... so i'll have a good idea of how it went? lmao.. jk..

Your credit card may cover this under their insurance policies. Check the fine print of your card some of them insure purchases for 1 year after purchase if it breaks!

[quote name='trustcompany1013']doesnt look too bad to me, though the damage isnt in my face, and its not mine (or id be pissed no matter how messed up it got)

what kind of dog do you have? i was thinking it was unrecognizable because my husky would've probably swallowed it[/quote]

It is a golden retriever about 7 monthes old. Yea i am starting to realize that it is not that bad, but i was planning on selling the case and maybe remote on ebay, but now i won't get shit 4 it! here is another pic, (i found more packaging and the case)
ipod2.jpg

[quote name='Indiana']Your credit card may cover this under their insurance policies. Check the fine print of your card some of them insure purchases for 1 year after purchase if it breaks![/quote]
It was discover, anyone know if they do? It was a platnum or what ever to not just a normal discover. I will try 2 find out

The website says it has a one year warranty but doesn't cover abuse/accidents. Yet, if you got on the phone with them (Apple that is) chances are you could talk them into it.

[quote name='Tennisjon2002'][quote name='Indiana']Your credit card may cover this under their insurance policies. Check the fine print of your card some of them insure purchases for 1 year after purchase if it breaks![/quote]
It was discover, anyone know if they do? It was a platnum or what ever to not just a normal discover. I will try 2 find out[/quote]

Just give them a call, like right now. Use AMX, they are way better for this kinda thing.

[quote name='BigNick']Thats awesome! Too bad it wasnt your homework.[/quote]
The thing is today i got my new wireless network ($130) and my new AP US book ($15) and the only thing that got attacked was my ipod, but i think it was the only thing at the door.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']Well if it's brand new does the IPod itself have some form of manufactor's warranty? Getting FedEx to even look your direction will be a huge pain not to mention the fact that it was delivered in tact and once that happens then it's out of their hands.[/quote]
I don't think the warranty covers dog attacks and it isn't "broken" but I hope something works!

[quote name='trustcompany1013']have you tried tasting it? your dog might be onto something[/quote]
its tempting but i don't eat $400 mp3 players! lol

Guy's palm (pilot) gets a little wet. Guy decides to leave it in oven overnight next to the little light, figuring it would dry there. Wife decides to surprise guy with pizza.

[quote name='eldad9']Guy's palm (pilot) gets a little wet. Guy decides to leave it in oven overnight next to the little light, figuring it would dry there. Wife decides to surprise guy with pizza.[/quote]
ha lol DAMN THAT SUXS!!! LMAO!!

I just found out someone was home when the iPod was deliverd but Fed ex didn't rign the door bell!! I got a package from UPS and they rang the doorbell and everything was fine, but fed ex didn't even ring the door bell!! so no one went to the door to get it! and i found out it was a sub driver not my normal driver. and apple and fed ex have pretty much said tough luck. damn this suxs

http://www.ninjalane.com/leet.aspx

0wn - rule, wicked, awesome, etc. as in "dam i 0wn" or "this channel 0wnz". also "own" (only if u r a llama).

pwn - Same {as} Own. Actually a typo from the l33t people during Quake 1 and in some channels is still used.

0wned - If you have been 0wned it means you have been {fucked} up or hurt or generally screwed over.
As in "I 0wned j00 in CS" and
"j00 have been 0wned by "

There is a p instead of an o because I'm guessing it was a common typo (p next to o of course), and people thought it looked cooler.

That's my guess, at least.

yea whenever my friend misspells stuff on AIM, i start spelling the word like he did when he spelled it wrong...thats more than likely how pwned was formed..

[quote name='jeffreyjrose'][quote name='Tom'][quote name='CheapyD']I think we need pictures.[/quote]
I concur. Pics, ASAP[/quote]

Tom... I just picked up Ice Age finally from CC yesterday for $10. Great movie... gotta love Scrat![/quote]
I agree man, scrat is a sweet saber-toothed squirrel, and the movie was great.

I have filled a claim with fed ex and discover. Apple won't do shit i talked 2 them. Anyone got anymore ideas? Anyone else had a similar thing happen to them?
Thanks 4 the help,
Jon

Well...If fedex didnt have anyone sign for it and they just left it then they are liable for anything that happens to it...Their policy is to have someone sign for it THEN you get the package...

bread's done
Back