kakuto chojin

13487.jpg

This game got canned because of bs ( just turn down the music folks , thats all ) so i am still looking for it, any safe idea on where to find a copy, cheap copy.

I am still looking around in the pawn shops for this game, but i said i would also ask here.

Thanks.

This game was banned, so stores are not legally allowed to sell it, new or used. Your best bet is to buy it on eBay like I did 2 years ago.

[quote name='Devin']This game was banned, so stores are not legally allowed to sell it, new or used. Your best bet is to buy it on eBay like I did 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]
What country do you live in where things get banned?

This game was recalled. Its really not very hard to find though, this site has it for $20, I've seen it around for about $10 in other places.
http://www.gamequestdirect.com/80552905491.html

MS recalled it out out of fear from reaction by religious extremists.

The game was not very good to begin with, which is odd when u consider it came from the dev team that created the Tobal series.

I've got a copy of it that's been played once that I'd be willing to sell if you're really interested. I'd probably let it go for like $15 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

One of the CC's near me still has a copy for $50. Sadly, it was previously tagged for $69.99!

[quote name='donssword']MS recalled it out out of fear from reaction by religious extremists.

The game was not very good to begin with, which is odd when u consider it came from the dev team that created the Tobal series.[/QUOTE]

How's that odd? Tobal sucked.

Circuit City never pulled it.

Although EB Games "pennied" it out- which I was told they remove the game from the sales floor, and change the price to a penny- just so they can keep track of them in their inventory, they weren't selling them for a penny- and then the district manager destroyed the discs when he was at each store.

I went into a brand new EB Games a couple years ago, and they had a copy on the shelf marked at $49.99. I asked the clerk to scan it and it came up a penny. I bought both copies and the game guide.

Just after I bought them, the manager came out of the back room and the employee told him "OMG we have games for a penny!" and when the manager found out which one, he said "we're not supposed to be selling those, they're supposed to be in the back".

What had happened was the entire store's stock was in storage for several months because the plaza the EB Games moved into opened later than planned due to zoneing issues or something.

[quote name='alongx']How's that odd? Tobal sucked.[/QUOTE]

Not.

Tobal No.1 was good, easy fun in its day. And Tobal 2 was amazing even in comparison to DOA2 on the DC -- visually the models of its fighters matched DOA2. Strong character designs, great CGI sequences. The fighting engine was updated and tightened, and introduced a better "stun" feature than any game at the time or since.

I can't comment on the RPG side game, because I can't read Japanese, but my understanding is that it was decent for a "side quest" style game.

Reviewers by and large rated it in the 80% range:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/199026.asp

[quote name='donssword']MS recalled it out out of fear from reaction by religious extremists.

The game was not very good to begin with, which is odd when u consider it came from the dev team that created the Tobal series.[/QUOTE]

Even God said, "Whoah, remove this from my site! Word!"

bread's done
Back