My eBay auction of 200 games!

chickenhawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
162 (100%)
OK, I know this is cheapassgamer and don't really expect anyone on here to buy this lot, but I am posting it anyway. Feel free to bid on it if you want though.

Also, please no flaming on the shipping. I have zero idea what it would cost to ship 200 games so I went with what sellers of similar lots have set for shipping prices. If a CAG wins this auction I will work with them on the shipping so you don't pay more than you have to and I will knock 5% off the final bid price (if you join just because of this, sorry......no discount).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8221250092

Thanks!

EDIT: I've got a nod to CAG in the listing (a favorite joke around here) and in one of the pics!

dropped a cheapass bid - I'll keep an eye on this to see what happens ;)
Oh, you might want to drop a PM or something to fatherofcaitlyn - hes a reseller and you don't have a lot of crap in that lot.

[quote name='joevan07']dropped a cheapass bid - I'll keep an eye on this to see what happens ;)
Oh, you might want to drop a PM or something to fatherofcaitlyn - hes a reseller and you don't have a lot of crap in that lot.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I just sent him a PM. If he gets all over my case for the spam, I am blaming you! :D

[quote name='Rhett']Jebus o_o thats alot of money for 200 games XD[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a lot of money, but I don't think it's a lot of money for 200 games considering the average cost per game. ;)

EDIT: Damn! Joe beat me to it!!

[quote name='chickenhawk']Thanks! I just sent him a PM. If he gets all over my case for the spam, I am blaming you! :D[/QUOTE]

I'll accept full blame - hes asked me for items before and I don't have enough games to make it worth sending out so I decline but he seems like a decent enough guy.

i think you would of got a lot more money buy listing them in smaller lots. I would be interested in some BUT Two reasons wont bid

over half i have no use for and i have no room for 200 games

[quote name='slidecage']i think you would of got a lot more money buy listing them in smaller lots. I would be interested in some BUT Two reasons wont bid

over half i have no use for and i have no room for 200 games[/QUOTE]

You are probably right, but 1) I want to be rid of this stuff. $$$ is not as much of an issue as just getting rid of it, 2) who's to say that I would separate them into the "right" lots. In other words, I am not putting 20 lots of 10 games each up on eBay so a 50+ game lot likely will have a bunch of stuff you don't want too. This is primarily for collectors or resellers.

I posted most of this stuff in the trading forums so CAGers could have bought what the wanted then. What didn't sell, you see here.

Personally, I don't think you are gonna hit that $1000 reserve. Too high of a proportion of crap games in that lot. Nothing against you at all, I just think it won't go that high...hope somebody proves me wrong though!

[quote name='chickenhawk']You are probably right, but 1) I want to be rid of this stuff. $$$ is not as much of an issue as just getting rid of it, 2) who's to say that I would separate them into the "right" lots. In other words, I am not putting 20 lots of 10 games each up on eBay so a 50+ game lot likely will have a bunch of stuff you don't want too. This is primarily for collectors or resellers.

I posted most of this stuff in the trading forums so CAGers could have bought what the wanted then. What didn't sell, you see here.[/QUOTE]

Yep CAGs had first pick - eBay's getting the sloppy seconds so theres a bunch of crap but at $5 each, they can afford to be crap ;)

oh and before anybody starts yelling "shill bidder" on me - I plan on seriously watching/bidding on this and will definitely be ponying up if I win throuigh some miracle :rofl: - (Emergency student aid to the tune of 10% of our scholarships came through last week - after I sold all my shit off :bomb: )

[quote name='secretvampire']Personally, I don't think you are gonna hit that $1000 reserve. Too high of a proportion of crap games in that lot. Nothing against you at all, I just think it won't go that high...hope somebody proves me wrong though![/QUOTE]

Yeah, you might be right (although I hope you're wrong ;) ). No offense taken. I certainly realize that alot of it is crap, but if the reserve isn't met I have the option still to sell to the high bidder or take slide's advice and break it up and relist. Like I said, the $$$ isn't really the issue.

Yeah, you might be right (although I hope you're wrong ). No offense taken. I certainly realize that alot of it is crap, but if the reserve isn't met I have the option still to sell to the high bidder or take slide's advice and break it up and relist. Like I said, the $$$ isn't really the issue.

Hey, best of luck to you, there still might be somebody out there that wants it to fill out a collection or sell in a mom and pop store!

[quote name='secretvampire']Hey, best of luck to you, there still might be somebody out there that wants it to fill out a collection or sell in a mom and pop store![/QUOTE]

Thank you kind sir! That is exactly what I am hoping for. :D

EDIT: Thanks for the bid as well!!

[quote name='chickenhawk']Thank you kind sir! That is exactly what I am hoping for. :D

EDIT: Thanks for the bid as well!![/QUOTE]
:shock: secretvampire straight pwnt me!
nice :applause:

[quote name='joevan07']Yep CAGs had first pick - eBay's getting the sloppy seconds so theres a bunch of crap but at $5 each, they can afford to be crap ;) [/QUOTE]
Damn right we did, as my RAD, Ring Of Red, Oni, Amored Core 2 & 3 are a testament to. :D

i would classify oni as a crap game, but the rest are gold. and on second look, except for oni, that's a whole lotta mech action.

[quote name='shrike4242']Damn right we did, as my RAD, Ring Of Red, Oni, Amored Core 2 & 3 are a testament to. :D[/QUOTE]

let me know how RAD is - I hear good things about it :D

I know you said not to flame you on the shipping charge, but check the rates for Media Mail on USPS. That whole lot could probably be mailed for less than $20. 50 pounds runs about $16. Depends on just how much it weighs. 70-80 pounds total maybe? (Figure 5-6 ounces per game?) But it can definitely be hard to estimate something like that. Tricky when you can't get an exact weight.

Oh, and if you are planning to go with Priority or Parcel Post then it will be quite a bit to mail this.

And good luck with the auction. Already up over $700, I think you could hit that reserve for sure. I probably would have at least split it out by system, but this is an easy quick way to get rid of them.

[quote name='wubb']I know you said not to flame you on the shipping charge, but check the rates for Media Mail on USPS. That whole lot could probably be mailed for less than $20. 50 pounds runs about $16. Depends on just how much it weighs. 70-80 pounds total maybe? (Figure 5-6 ounces per game?) But it can definitely be hard to estimate something like that. Tricky when you can't get an exact weight.

Oh, and if you are planning to go with Priority or Parcel Post then it will be quite a bit to mail this.

And good luck with the auction. Already up over $700, I think you could hit that reserve for sure. I probably would have at least split it out by system, but this is an easy quick way to get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, media would be way cheaper but there is no way I am sending these Media mail. Plus, I am sure I would get questioned on the contents and who knows if they even would allow me to ship games media. Then I would be screwed cause I'd have to pony up the $$$ for some other method while only getting paid $20 or so.

I'll probably go UPS or FedEx. I am assuming $125 would be enough to cover shipping using one of them.

I didn't consider your comment flaming anyway. Constructive feedback is cool, the non-flaming request was for the people wanting to come in here and say, "OMG, you are totally ripping people off on shipping!!!!"

[quote name='chickenhawk']Yeah, media would be way cheaper but there is no way I am sending these Media mail. Plus, I am sure I would get questioned on the contents and who knows if they even would allow me to ship games media. Then I would be screwed cause I'd have to pony up the $$$ for some other method while only getting paid $20 or so.

I'll probably go UPS or FedEx. I am assuming $125 would be enough to cover shipping using one of them.

I didn't consider your comment flaming anyway. Constructive feedback is cool, the non-flaming request was for the people wanting to come in here and say, "OMG, you are totally ripping people off on shipping!!!!"[/QUOTE]

geez, if you weren't ripping me off on shipping, I'd probably bid higher. :roll:
What happened to your SAVER discount option? :D

[quote name='joevan07']geez, if you weren't ripping me off on shipping, I'd probably bid higher. :roll:
What happened to your SAVER discount option? :D[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I already responded to one of your asinine questions. :rofl:

They should allow that to go Media since it is all CDs and DVDs (which is what I would tell the clerk if I was asked) but yes it is YMMV on not getting a particularly assholish postal clerk. Putting insurance of $1200 on it may raise an eyebrow. "You have $1200 worth of books in there?"

Of course you could also print your own Media Mail label from PayPal and just check it on the counter and run :)

I have no idea how much Fedex or UPS would run.

And FYI you have 'Insurance Not Offered' on the shipping details instead of 'Included' or 'Required'. Not a real big deal as you explain that it's included in the listing and I think it's too late to change it now.

I'm gun shy to sell really expensive stuff with PayPal after I got cheated by some fucking thief in NC. My advice is to take the money out of the account right when you mail and be prepared to walk away from the account if PayPal grants a charge back for some asinine reason.

[quote name='wubb']They should allow that to go Media since it is all CDs and DVDs (which is what I would tell the clerk if I was asked) but yes it is YMMV on not getting a particularly assholish postal clerk. Putting insurance of $1200 on it may raise an eyebrow. "You have $1200 worth of books in there?"

Of course you could also print your own Media Mail label from PayPal and just check it on the counter and run :)

I have no idea how much Fedex or UPS would run.

And FYI you have 'Insurance Not Offered' on the shipping details instead of 'Included' or 'Required'. Not a real big deal as you explain that it's included in the listing and I think it's too late to change it now.

I'm gun shy to sell really expensive stuff with PayPal after I got cheated by some fucking thief in NC. My advice is to take the money out of the account right when you mail and be prepared to walk away from the account if PayPal grants a charge back for some asinine reason.[/QUOTE]

Excellent advice on all counts. I must have "insurance not offered" as an automatic setting on my account. Doh! It is too late to change it, but no biggie I don't think. It's included in the flat shipping fee. That sucks you got screwed with paypal. That's why I am hoping a respectable eBayer (like fatherofcaitlyn) wins this one. Maybe I should have put some buyer restrictions on it. Oh well.....

[quote name='chickenhawk']:rofl: I already responded to one of your asinine questions. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

chicken fucker! ;)
do you call all the people who ask you foolish questions on eBay rat bastards? :rofl:

[quote name='joevan07']chicken fucker! ;)
do you call all the people who ask you foolish questions on eBay rat bastards? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, I do!

Idea for shipping, since you seem to want something fancy:

Flat Rate Priority Mail Boxes. $7.70 for any weight as long as it fits into one of the 2 sized boxes. If you pack it to the brim, you'll definitely be saving money over how much that weight would cost for variable weight priority. However, I have no idea how many would fit in a box. I would guess 25-30 per box. I would compare that rate to the rate that you get from the other places you want to try.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Idea for shipping, since you seem to want something fancy:

Flat Rate Priority Mail Boxes. $7.70 for any weight as long as it fits into one of the 2 sized boxes. If you pack it to the brim, you'll definitely be saving money over how much that weight would cost for variable weight priority. However, I have no idea how many would fit in a box. I would guess 25-30 per box. I would compare that rate to the rate that you get from the other places you want to try.[/QUOTE]

dude - thats pretty brilliant :applause: although DC and insurance on each box would probably run another $3-4. :cry:

you could go with Signature confirmation with no insurance for $1.80, since that should be theoretically enough for Ebay/Paypal if something goes wrong. But I wouldnt know anything about that.

Edit: And if One box gets lost, you can claim to ebay that the WHOLE thing was lost :whistle2:$ since they wouldnt know that you shipped it in parts

If you use flat rate priority mail boxes, use the cubes. They store 20 games per box and retain their shape.

The more rectangular boxes only hold 18 or 19.

Also, check your domestic postage calculator at www.usps.com. If you're only shipping across one or two states, a large box is a lot cheaper than flat rate.

Interesting idea on the shipping. I'll definitelty look into it. I don't necessarily want something fancy, but I have no intention to ship this media mail with the experience I've had with that service. Especially with that many games/that much money involved. I realize you can get insurance and such, but I don't want to take any chances.

Best of luck on the auction. Those are $5 games (at best) but getting 200 $5 games for over $1000 doesn't seem like much of a deal.

[quote name='secretvampire']Personally, I don't think you are gonna hit that $1000 reserve. Too high of a proportion of crap games in that lot. Nothing against you at all, I just think it won't go that high...hope somebody proves me wrong though![/QUOTE]

i dont know, its already at $810!

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']If you use flat rate priority mail boxes, use the cubes. They store 20 games per box and retain their shape.

The more rectangular boxes only hold 18 or 19.

Also, check your domestic postage calculator at www.usps.com. If you're only shipping across one or two states, a large box is a lot cheaper than flat rate.[/QUOTE]

Will keep that in mind! Thanks!

Dang man! Quite impressive. Best of luck to ya! Hope the whole deal goes through for you without any hitches. Definitely keep us all updated!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']you could go with Signature confirmation with no insurance for $1.80, since that should be theoretically enough for Ebay/Paypal if something goes wrong. But I wouldnt know anything about that.

Edit: And if One box gets lost, you can claim to ebay that the WHOLE thing was lost :whistle2:$ since they wouldnt know that you shipped it in parts[/QUOTE]

Paypal will not take Signature confirmation you need delivery confirmation as well.. I just sold a Gitaroo man with Signature confirm and they wouldnt take it as Proof that it shipped... lucky the dude emailed paypal and the problem was fixxed but paypal said if the person didnt call I would of lost the dispute cause i didnt use Delivery confirm what was really stupid ... (though i could went after them though the post office for the money

I was thinking about bumping it up a little bit for ya, but I dont want anything screwy to happen and for me to actually meet the reserve. I was going to give you the lucky bid of $888.88. If the lot doesnt sell, I may be able to offer you $800 shipped for the lot and I could send you a check, that will save you all the eBay and Paypal fees.

bread's done
Back