- - - - -

33% everything at wherehouse.com

#631 DreamSymphony   The Invisible Man CAGiversary!   842 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

DreamSymphony

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:42 PM

Tried the code today and it doesn't work for new or used..... says "invalid promotion code" :-(

#632 Sirmackerel   Pleinair CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Sirmackerel

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, the code's not working for used stuff, either... I wanted to get the Read or Die OAV, too!

#633 alfonsosoriano   You Like This Face? CAGiversary!   2828 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

alfonsosoriano

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:46 AM

Damn, that sucks balls.

#634 myjester2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   248 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

myjester2112

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:51 AM

I had the same problem earlier Saturday with used games not working either with the code. Wanted to get some seinfeld and Family guy...lame.

#635 beetlegum   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

beetlegum

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:06 AM

The code does not work any more for new items. I really wanted to get Star Trek TNG 1-7 new. With the code, I could have got the sets brand new at $447. Amazing deal. Just not enough money with rent due. :(

#636 ViolentLee   Still Man Fights CAGiversary!   3655 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:16 AM

What'd you get? If any of them are Q: Are We Not Men, Duty Now for the Future, Or Freedom of Choice then I respect you.

Q: Are We Not Men, and Duty Now for the Future. Already had Freedom of Choice and Oh No It's DEVO (on Rollins' old Infinite Zero label), as well as the elusive Hardcore Vol. 1 and 2 off Ryko. Just saw DEVO a few weeks back at the House of Blues here in LA, and figured I should catch up on their actual albums (none of that greatest-hit junk).

#637 DV8   dv8sad CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:55 AM

Damn, well I got one of my orders but the disc was cracked and I emailed them about it and they didn't have any more in stock. :( So I get a refund... but with shipping and tax didn't really save too much.

#638 Sirmackerel   Pleinair CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Sirmackerel

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:39 PM

Hey, the 33% code is working for used things again... strange. Ah well, I'm not complaining, since $9.50 for R.O.D OAV is great!

#639 WarlordFDC   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

WarlordFDC

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:51 PM

Damn, well I got one of my orders but the disc was cracked and I emailed them about it and they didn't have any more in stock. :( So I get a refund... but with shipping and tax didn't really save too much.

My disk came scratched and is out of stock too. Since I paid $5 - 33% for the game not worth sending it back to get the refund. Oh well at least Burnout Revenge ended up being a sweet deal.

#640 ericx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:17 PM

I went to wherehouse music last night and my receipt has

Free Shipping!
At www.wherehouse.com!
Use Promotional Code:
SHIP12TP at checkout!

Expires 12/31/05

#641 Droogs   $$$$$$$$$ CAGiversary!   1748 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:22 PM

Has everyone been billed for their stuff yet? Because i ordered my stuff on the 23rd and received half of what i ordered last week and the other half was a pre order and i have yet to be billed on my card.

#642 vienge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:46 PM

Got half of what I ordered.

Indigo Prophecy and Baten Kaitos

They cancelled my Tales of Symphonia and RE4 orders. :(

#643 Ecofreak   That's Ah Bingo!!! CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:28 PM

Has everyone been billed for their stuff yet? Because i ordered my stuff on the 23rd and received half of what i ordered last week and the other half was a pre order and i have yet to be billed on my card.

I'm in the same situation. They'll probably bill you when the order is totally completed.

#644 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:33 PM

Wow, my used Shield Season 2 was absolutely perfect. The discs were mint and the box didn't even have so much as an indentation on it. The only thing was that there was 2 stickers on it but they were the kind of stickers that have very weak adhesive so they came right off and didn't leave any residue. Overall, I'm EXTREMELY happy with my purchase!

#645 cavalier   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:14 PM

This place kicks arse!

Two of my three Xbox games were backordered, but they shipped the other one immediately via Fed Ex in a highly-protective cardboard sleeve thingy and, two days later, got my two other games back in stock and shipped those.

Nothing but a great experience with wherehouse.com

And, in addition to essentially getting 3 games for the price of 2, I was able to burn up all of my remaining in-store credit from the great FYE trade-in values of 2004, which put an extra smile on my face.

A big thank you to the OP for alerting everyone to this deal!

#646 tayaf69   I want to change my name CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:33 PM

I was worried that shipping and tax would kill the deal, but after ordering a new Battlestar Galactica, 'used' Home Improvement Season 1, and 'new' Fresh prince: season 2, I ended up saving $3.00 over the DDD 20% sale. AND I got it now. My 24: Season 3 has yet to ship so I am a little worried though.

#647 Ravenlock   Erratic Gamer CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Ravenlock

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:57 PM

Thanx to Jim from dvdtalk

wherehouse.com has the code 33% off everything, new game, used game, preorder.. pretty good deal if you ask me.. too bad they don't seem to carrry Hardware otherwise.. i'd grab a DS :)

anyway the code is

ISC409OF

*Sadness* Just tried it out on a new copy of Ultimate Spider-Man for Cube and it didn't take anything off. Said it's "33% off your online order of any used music, movies & games!"

Unfortunately there are no used copies of USM in stock. Hopefully they'll get some, I put it on my "Wish List."

Great site anyhow, I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for the idea. :)

EDIT: Didn't look at how old the deal is. I guess it's nice that the code still works for anything at all. Thanks again OP for throwing this at us.

#648 Metal Boss   Supreme Master of Hadou CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Metal Boss

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:24 PM

I just got my copy of splinter cell chaos theory for ps2, the shipping was faster than eb standard imo, and the used games was in new condition. 8-)

#649 MorPhiend   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3790 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:11 PM

I went to wherehouse music last night and my receipt has

Free Shipping!
At www.wherehouse.com!
Use Promotional Code:
SHIP12TP at checkout!

Expires 12/31/05

Did you find a way to enter two codes or something? Because shipping is definitely less of a discount than 33% off.

#650 doctorfaustus   Booknerd CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

doctorfaustus

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:39 PM

Did you find a way to enter two codes or something? Because shipping is definitely less of a discount than 33% off.

burn

TOPIC: I got my Arrested Development season 1 last week, in perfect condition. Thanks OP

#651 DreamSymphony   The Invisible Man CAGiversary!   842 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

DreamSymphony

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

Guess they do send back rejected stuff, got the cd they rejected back and my order which came FedEX. Also go the free shipping code.

#652 clariste   Holy diver... CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

This thread needs to die.

#653 Unassuming Local Guy   Not cool. CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Unassuming Local Guy

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:20 PM

This thread needs to die.

I disagree. "Isc409of" works for used products still.

#654 winter   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   29 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:45 PM

Just curious, did anyone who ordered a new game recieved theirs "shrinkwrapped?" I ordered a new copy of Ultimate Spider-Man for GC but the game looks like it was previously opened. It doesn't have the standard plastic wrap with the folded corners; It's shrinkwrapped and the cover sleeve has creases underneath the plastic. I have a feeling they repackaged a used or returned copy and sent it to me. I'm going to return it but there is no return label on my packing slip so now I have to wait for customerservice to respond to my request for a new return label.

#655 Unassuming Local Guy   Not cool. CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Unassuming Local Guy

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:48 PM

I've seen many Gamecube games in the cheap shrinkwrap. If I were you, I'd check Best Buy to see what kind of wrap is on their copies of Spider Man.

#656 Mojimbo   Ashes to Ashes CAGiversary!   19630 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:18 PM

not necessarily.

Sonic Youth ~ Dirty Used CD 4.99

Totals:

Purchase Total: $4.99
Shipping & Handling: -- Select Method -- Standard $0.00
Sales Tax (TX 6.75%): $0.34
Wherehouse.com Promotion (SHIP12TP)
(Free Shipping!)
Order Total: $5.33

VS

Sonic Youth ~ Dirty Used CD 4.99

Totals:

Purchase Total: $4.99
Shipping & Handling:
$2.95
Sales Tax (TX 6.75%): $0.42
Wherehouse.com Promotion (Isc409of)
(33% off your online order of any used music, movies & games!) ($1.66)
Order Total: $6.70

since their stock seems to fluctuate frequently and it lasts until the end of the year, it could come in handy.

#657 alfonsosoriano   You Like This Face? CAGiversary!   2828 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

alfonsosoriano

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

The free shipping code will be great for future purchases.

#658 sonicbooom   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2203 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:45 PM

sounds like theyre just sending it to you. both times ive contacted them about a return (once a few months ago for a scratched up copy of super puzzle fighter II for psx, and then again just two days ago since i received a used copy of björks vessel dvd when i ordered a new copy), they emailed me back with a link to a pdf file for me to print and use as a postage paid return label and told me they would replace it if they had what i ordered in stock or would refund the price of the item if they didnt have it or if i no longer wanted it.

Heh, I had a totally different outcome.

#659 sonicbooom   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2203 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:47 PM

I emailed them asking for a prepaid return label so I can send back my shitty used copy of the girl next door, and they email me back saying they're going to send me another copy. They said nothing of sending me a return label, but they send me a confirmation email saying:

The following item will be shipped to you at no charge:

Girl Next Door [Unrated]
Used DVD

Are they just giving me a free dvd, or are they sending the return label? Kinda weird.. but if it's free, I won't complain. :D

To add to my last post, I just got my other copy of girl next door in the mail yesterday. I was NOT charged one cent. Now I have two copies of the movie, the one in bad condition and the one I just got. What great customer service!

#660 .JPG   ^ Save them CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:09 AM

Hmmm...Wherehouse.com is under construction it seems, hopefully they will plan to re-open it soon because this code still works until the 13th. Hopefully just a daily thing or something.