- - - - -

33% everything at wherehouse.com

#661 alive741   Oldest Tradelist on CAG CAGiversary!   2197 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:43 PM

Hmmm...Wherehouse.com is under construction it seems, hopefully they will plan to re-open it soon because this code still works until the 13th. Hopefully just a daily thing or something.

They went under construction late last night...Maybe at like 10:30 ET. I was surpirsed to see they were still down this morning.

I have a couple more things I want to purchase :(

#662 Stryffe2004   Overlord of the Obvious CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Stryffe2004

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:57 PM

I got Shaolin Monks new for $33.33 so at some point the deal worked on everything. I also got Barbie and Magic of the Pegasus (for my 3 yr old) new and got the discount. The used stuff I ordered was basically mint and even had old expired coupons and inserts. This is one of the best deals I have ever seen. Used DVDs are almost half price any way and then knock another 1/3 off and wow!

#663 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15606 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 06 October 2005 - 02:53 PM

Just ordered spielberg's Taken for $40 shipped

#664 Ronin4223   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:34 PM

Well finally got my Spun.com order that I placed on 9/24. Totally empty. Huge "Arrived Unsealed" and "Arrived without Contents" stamps all over it. Cardboard was crushed and a 5 year old could have done a better tape job. I emailed them and am waiting on a response.

#665 wannabepunktony   And I'm Ghost Like Swayze CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

wannabepunktony

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:17 PM

Jerks at Wherehouse canceled my X-Men Legends 2 order yesterday and said they wouldn't let me pick another new game for 33% off, so I decided to spent my remaining credit on the following:

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Used Game $9.33 In Progress
Resident Evil -- CODE: Veronica
Used Game $1.33 In Progress
Crazy Taxi
Used Game $0.66 In Progress
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
Used Game $3.33 In Progress
All ~ Mass Nerder
Used CD $3.99 In Progress
Ten Foot Pole ~ Unleashed
Used CD $2.66 In Progress
Ten Foot Pole ~ Subliminable Messages
Used CD $3.99 In Progress

Luckly TRU saves me from being too angry with Wherehouse, but still, I would have appericated them letting me pick something else for the same price of Legends 2. =\

#666 varsitygamer   Porkchop Sandwiches!!! CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

varsitygamer

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

im lucky 666

#667 munch   la tĂȘte de CAG CAGiversary!   19476 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:51 AM

This deal no longer works with new stuff, right?

#668 alfonsosoriano   You Like This Face? CAGiversary!   2828 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

alfonsosoriano

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:53 AM

Yeah just used...

#669 alfonsosoriano   You Like This Face? CAGiversary!   2828 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

alfonsosoriano

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:55 AM

I've still gotta put an order in. A few of the DVDs I want are OOS, so I'm waiting to see if they come back in stock sometime.

#670 The Successful Dropout   eye we tall did CAGiversary!   9551 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

The Successful Dropout

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:02 AM

I've still gotta put an order in. A few of the DVDs I want are OOS, so I'm waiting to see if they come back in stock sometime.

same here

on a separate note...ive had a lot of really good experience with their used stuff...my only gripes have to do with the dvd movies with the cardboard cases and tv set dvds....the stickers come off easy if they're newer stickers (they're usually pink)...but if the dvd is older and a little less in demand, it'll have an older sticker on it (usually purple) that is hard to get off (guess because it was either on there for so long or because they were using shitty stickers b4)...only a few dvds were scratched up pretty bad, luckily they were crap titles to begin with and nothing that i paid too much for (romper stomper is one)

#671 Slade   Coordinated Insanity CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:51 AM

I got my items last week from my first batch of orders.

They were all used items but were in perfect condition in everyway. So I had another batch of orders sent in.

Tenchi: The Movie [Widescreen]
Used DVD $5.33 Shipped
Tenchi Muyo! DVD Ultimate Collection [3 Discs]
Used DVD $48.66 Shipped
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust [Widescreen]
Used DVD $9.99 Shipped
Macross Plus, Vol. 2
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
Macross Plus, Vol. 1
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
Ninja Scroll
Used DVD $6.66 Shipped
Outlaw Star DVD Collection 1 [2 Discs]
Used DVD $17.33 Shipped
Kite
Used DVD $7.33 Shipped

I must say, I'm very impressed with the quality of their used items and I'm going to miss this 33% sale when it's gone.

#672 The Successful Dropout   eye we tall did CAGiversary!   9551 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

The Successful Dropout

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:47 AM

hmmm...about this WB rebate thing...in order to use a couple of the qualifying dvds that i purchased through Wherehouse.com, I'd have to print out the order from their site....the thing that i'm wondering is this, will they accept it if some of the qualifying dvd sets that i bought were used?

#673 xfilekr  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:57 AM

I was wondering the same thing - The rebate form says to circle the qualifying prices....and the packing slip doesnt have prices (nor does it mention used)

#674 The Successful Dropout   eye we tall did CAGiversary!   9551 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

The Successful Dropout

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:00 AM

I was wondering the same thing - The rebate form says to circle the qualifying prices....and the packing slip doesnt have prices (nor does it mention used)

yeah, i noticed that as well...i was going to include the packing slip and was glad that it didn't say "used" next to the used dvds, but then i saw the prices weren't listed on the packing slips....so when you go into your order online, it says used...i wonder if you can white it out online somehow....i'm sure their is a way, but i wonder how hard of a process it is

if all else fails, i'll just send it in with it saying "used"...afterall, it doesn't say the sets can't be bought used, but you never know

#675 Unassuming Local Guy   Not cool. CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Unassuming Local Guy

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:40 PM

yeah, i noticed that as well...i was going to include the packing slip and was glad that it didn't say "used" next to the used dvds, but then i saw the prices weren't listed on the packing slips....so when you go into your order online, it says used...i wonder if you can white it out online somehow....i'm sure their is a way, but i wonder how hard of a process it is

if all else fails, i'll just send it in with it saying "used"...afterall, it doesn't say the sets can't be bought used, but you never know

If you really want to, just save the page to your hard drive, open it in Notepad, and edit out the "used" comments in the HTML. Open in your favorite browser and voila, no more used.

#676 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15606 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:03 PM

If you really want to, just save the page to your hard drive, open it in Notepad, and edit out the "used" comments in the HTML. Open in your favorite browser and voila, no more used.

No fraud here:roll:

From the rebate form :
"Only new Factory sealed DVDs (not previously viewed DVDs) qualify"

#677 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:09 PM

hmmm...about this WB rebate thing...in order to use a couple of the qualifying dvds that i purchased through Wherehouse.com, I'd have to print out the order from their site....the thing that i'm wondering is this, will they accept it if some of the qualifying dvd sets that i bought were used?

Thanks for reminding me about the WB rebate, it made me remember about Smallville season 3. I bought season 1 and 2 from target for $36 after tax and I just picked up season 3 for $23 used on wherehouse. Total for three seasons was less than $60.

#678 kaw   Want some rye? CAGiversary!   1594 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:37 PM

I ordered Metal Slug Advance, and two DVD pre-orders that won't be in stock until November. I chose the "ship when all items are in stock" option since it was cheaper, but they shipped Metal Slug early anyways. That was nice of them.

#679 Metal Boss   Supreme Master of Hadou CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Metal Boss

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:10 PM

I ordered a ton of kung fu movies & anime, this site is great but the shipping kinda ruins the 33% code.

#680 pimp tyranny   Banned Banned   3627 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

pimp tyranny

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

i ordered about $40 shipped worth of games, then my sister ordered like $150 of CDs and a couple DVDs. she even bought me Event Horizon, Equilibrium, and Ghost in the Shell (PS2). in the last order she made it arrived with a free shipping code. i'll have to check later today if it's combinable with 33% off.

#681 buster90   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

Got in my 5 DVD's and 3 CD's.

Everything was in mint condition hell the CD's look BRAND NEW not a scratch, fingerprint, or even use of the booklet.

Will buy from again.

#682 DreamSymphony   The Invisible Man CAGiversary!   842 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

DreamSymphony

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:15 PM

Got my 2nd package today. All the cds are new, but the game I ordered new didn't have the sony seal on top and was re-shrinkwrapped and looked like it had been touched inside.... but was in otherwise great shape...

#683 BustaUppa   what it is right now CAGiversary!   5001 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:45 PM

*sigh* I swore to myself I was done, but some good stuff just came back in stock... and since I was so blown away by the quality and service of my first two orders, I couldn't resist.

Round THREE:

P.O.D.: Still Payin Dues
Used DVD $4.66 In Progress
Bad Boys/Bad Boys II [Special Edition] [3 Discs]
Used DVD $15.33 In Progress
Viewtiful Joe
Used Game $5.99 In Progress
Memento [Limited Edition] [2 Discs] [Widescreen]
Used DVD $9.33 In Progress
Spaceballs [Collector's Edition]
Used DVD $9.99 In Progress
Depeche Mode ~ Singles Box, Vol. 3
Used CD $19.33 In Progress
Family Guy, Vol. 2: Season 3 [3 Discs]
Used DVD $20.66 In Progress
Fear Factory: Digital Connectivity
Used DVD $5.99 In Progress

Purchase Total:
promotion: "33% off your online order of any used music, movies & games!"
(already applied to each bought item) $91.28
Shipping & Handling: Standard $4.95
Sales Tax (NY 8.63%): $8.30

Order Total: $104.53

btw, I just noticed that I was only charged $4.95 for shipping. Any idea why? According to the checkout screen, I was gonna be paying $9.95. Anyway, I was surprised to see Family Guy 2 back in stock used... it's still available for anyone interested. Looks like I got the last Memento Delux though.

EDIT: ok, this is just weird with the shipping. My confirmation email says I got charged the full $9.95, but my grand total is LOWER.

Total Bought: $91.28
Shipping and Handling: $9.95
Sales Tax (NY 8.63%): $8.74
Total: $101.23

Does this make sense to anyone??

#684 pimp tyranny   Banned Banned   3627 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

pimp tyranny

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:55 AM

so they didn't have tax in the confirmation? weird.

anyway, GREAT score on Memento, that's one of my all time favorite movies, although not that great the second time around. more than balances out POD, who i can't stand.

#685 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9922 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:54 AM

I ordered Metal Slug Advance, and two DVD pre-orders that won't be in stock until November. I chose the "ship when all items are in stock" option since it was cheaper, but they shipped Metal Slug early anyways. That was nice of them.

They did the same thing for me with a PSP game that was in stock and a pre-order DVD.

#686 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15606 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:07 AM

They did the same thing for me with a PSP game that was in stock and a pre-order DVD.

guess i couldv'e saved $2 by doing that, with my Alias S4 pre-order - oh well

#687 iammeiam   WIIIIIIIIIIIII CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

iammeiam

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:59 AM

Has anybody had a preorder ship yet? I put in an order for Arrested Development S2 and Veronica Mars S1, and it shipped Friday. I'm worried that they'll have sent it FedEx (as everything but 1 backordered DVD has been, in the past)--my FedEx guy has started claiming I've signed a waiver, and leaving everything shipped FedEx at my door (instead of at the rental office, as he used to.) I live in an apartment complex, and the last thing he left had actually been partially opened--I'm guessing by a neighbor trying to see if it's worth stealing. If it's USPS or UPS, that's fine, since it'll just go to the rental office. But if it's FedEx, I'm going to have to try calling them and seeing if I can get some kind of reverse to the supposed waiver.

#688 wannabepunktony   And I'm Ghost Like Swayze CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

wannabepunktony

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

Here's some items I noticed in-stock, for those of you with money to still kill:

Culdcept (PS2) - $18.99 BC
https://www.wherehou....jsp?id=2308570

Suikoden IV (PS2) - $13.99 BC
http://www.wherehous....jsp?id=2460410

Top Gear Overdrive (N64) - $1.99 BC
http://www.wherehous....jsp?id=1031302

#689 Ecofreak   That's Ah Bingo!!! CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

My pre-ordered Cardcaptor Sakura Clow Box Set came today. Whoo!

#690 vietgurl   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2009 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:33 PM

Just picked up Roswell Season 2, Charmed Season 1, Punk'd Season 2, Shadow of Rome, and Burnout 3. Total came to $82 after tax and s/h. I am so broke now.