Finally got Valkyrie Profile...(see my RPG collection, as well)

Kain Vincent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
After starting my RPG search, the two titles that have been the hardest for me to find are Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II.

So, I checked the status of VP on GS's website, which showed a local shop had it. I gave them a call and confirmed it.

I went in and went to the PS1 section and there it was. The case for VP was sitting with other PS1 games. I picked it up and looked at the case. It had a crack on the back (inserts were perfect), no problem as I could replace the case. I open it up and to my dissapointment, no manual. I went to get the item anyhow and the discs were in great shape.

Two clerks saw me purchase this item and one asked me "So, how much are you going to sell it for?". I replied that I'm not selling it, I'm getting it to play it (Damn resellers in my area). The other clerk threw in a free poster for Radiata Stories.

So, I got a copy of VP (with a free poster for Radiata Stories) for $45. :applause:

EDIT: By request, here are pics of my RPG collection, via photobucket (mind the bad quality):

My RPG Collection

Here is the conditions of the games shown:

Arc the Lad Collection - Cracked jewel case, but the discs are like new. Also has the manual and Omake box.
Breath of Fire II - Still sealed.
Breath of Fire III - The disc looks bad, but works great. Complete with case and manual (the UPC has a red marker line going through it).
Breath of Fire IV - Flawless and complete.
Disgaea - Complete and mint.
Final Fantasy I&II: Dawn of Souls - Complete and mint, like new.
Final Fantasy Tactics - GH version, still sealed.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Complete and mint.
Fire Emblem - Complete and mint.
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - Complete and mint.
La Pucelle Tactics - Complete and mint.
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Discs only, but I also got the bonus discs.
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete - Discs only, but I also got the bonus disc.
Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga - Complete and mint.
Onimusha Tactics - Complete and mint.
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - Complete and mint.
Persona - Complete and mint.
Persona 2 - Complete and mint.
SMT: Nocturne - Complete and mint, includes soundtrack cd.
SMT: Digital Devil Saga - Complete and mint, includes all extras.
Suikoden - Complete, but the disc is in bad looking shape. Plays without a problem, however.
Sword of Mana - Complete and mint.
Tales of Symphonia - Plater's choice version, still sealed.
Thousand Arms - Complete. The discs are in bad lookig shape, yet play well. The front of the manual cover is torn! :bomb:
Valkyrie Profile - Missing the manual, but it has the case and discs. The discs have light scratches on them, but they work without a problem.
Xenogears - Complete and mint. Non GH version.

[quote name='Scorch']Nice. I got my complete copy yesterday for $44.99 as well (after Edge discount).[/QUOTE]

I saw your thread about it, I'm jealous.

In fact, it was that thread that reminded me to pick up my search. So, in a way, you helped me get the game. Thanks Scorch! :applause:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Nice!

(My hunt for VP continues... but at least I got a great deal on Sui 2 :D)[/QUOTE]

Well, I found a sealed Breath of Fire II (GBA) recently ($30, retail), and I got a USED Arc the Lad Collection with the manual and Omake Box ($27).

Take that. ;)

[quote name='rockhero']It seems like I'm the only person who got their Valkyrie Profile brand new the day it came out[/QUOTE]

It seems like that is true.

I didn't get into RPG's until about 2 or 3 years ago. But, now I can't stop buying them.

I must be having good luck recently, as I also found a new (sealed) copy of Breath of Fire II (GBA) at Coconuts.

P.S: I'll post some pictures of my RPG collection, if anyone is interested. ;)

nice find...as i have been looking for that game for months and still have no luck wit it...i think i mite have to get it on ebay since i got most of the ps1 rpg games already i need this and a few more to complete my collection...post some pics of ur collection

i stumbled upon my copy of VP in an EB B2G1 free sale, which, to my good fortune, happened to be the store an avid RPG collector unloaded his collection. i picked up Valkyrie Profile, Tactics Ogre, Persona, Persona 2, Vandal Hearts, Vandal Hearts 2, Saga Frontier, MGS original, and one more i can't remember. might've been BoF III. anyway, i didn't know how well i did until i saw how rare the personas and VP were. i knew TO was rare, but that was it.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']I bought a sealed Valkyrie at my local hastings for 19.99, about a year ago I think.[/QUOTE]

oh how i envy u!...u lucky bastard..haha

Congrats on the find, OP!

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']I bought a sealed Valkyrie at my local hastings for 19.99, about a year ago I think.[/QUOTE]

That's disgusting and I'm green from jealousy.

Why did you take those pics with only the camera flash? Spend all your money on VP and the other RPGs and can't afford a light bulb? :lol:

JK!

[quote name='Ecofreak']Why did you take those pics with only the camera flash? Spend all your money on VP and the other RPGs and can't afford a light bulb? :lol:

JK![/QUOTE]

My lights are not working that good. :lol:

Anyhow, I'm using a medicore camera and with bad lighting equals medicore pictures.

In conclusion, I took the pictures in a room that is hard to take good photos in.

[quote name='kimsh0t']nice collection[/QUOTE]

Why, thank you. It took me a few months to find all the games, it will only take me much longer to beat them all.

Nice finds...I also got my copy of Valk Profile for $20. It wasn't sealed though. I went in a local gamestore in the town that I went to college in and they had a very good condition, complete copy of it for $20...I was just sort of like "I want that right now." I played it a bit and didn't really like it that much, but as I also tend to collect the RPGs (especially PS1 RPGs) I don't plan on getting rid of it. I used to have so many more then I've got now, but when I was younger I'd trade games in to Gamestop a lot.

bread's done
Back