1cent Ultimate Spider-Man: Venom Revealed Dvd and Free Shipping

[quote name='databuild']Bestbuy.com has the Ultimate Spider-man: Making of Venom CD for 1cent and Free Shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat59300050004&id=1122655625219

[/QUOTE]
Backordered, wouldn't be so sure about that one. But hey, might as well try one for in-store pickup.

Edit: in for 1, I almost considered charging it just to have a penny charge on my card. Gift carded it instead, see if they'll actually let me pick it up tomorrow.

[quote name='Tromack']They also have them in store for free.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was one of those free w/ purchase of game items.

It was advertised as free with purchase of Ultimate Spiderman. Consider yourself lucky if you are able to get it without the game...

I was able to order 3 for in-store pick-up. Woot. No one I know was planning on getting this game at launch, so this will be a nice treat to those of us who grab it later in it's life...most likely cheaper. ^_~

Thanks OP!

[quote name='mkelehan']Ordered 3, because I'm a filthy hoarder.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I know my roommate would like one since he's got the game. I used one of my crappy Key gift cards that have less than a buck on them. :) Thanks OP.

I ordered 1, realized that it was being sent to my old apartment because I hadn't updated my information and Bestbuy.com so I just went ahead and ordered another one with my corrected address. I just want to cover my bases in case the postal service decides not to forward it.

[quote name='botticus']I thought it was one of those free w/ purchase of game items.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...well the bestbuy i went to had them sitting out. You had to go through the checkout but it was free.

I ordered 3, two of them for my friends who are big comic geeks. Now I just hope they still have any in stock.

Ordered 3 for store pickup - hehe, you know this CANNOT be good for them to take all these credit card payments for 1-3 cents :D Devil customers indeed...

My order is ready for in-store pickup, sweet. We'll see how they weasel out of giving me one once I get there though.

Edit: And if you want it, you'll have to do in-store pickup. This got on FW around the time this got posted last night and its long out of stock.

The lenticular cover is definitely worth getting, but it's really not worth opening it up. All it has on there is a brief explanation of the story behind the game and 3 game trailers (Ultimate SM, Fantastic Four, and X-Men Legends II).

I cringed when I heard about the Venom "suit" having been made by scientists to cure cancer. I'm an old-school ex-comic-fan, and nowadays no one even knows what "Secret Wars" is, and how the symbiote came from another planet. Seems like the new cartoon and new comic line really wanted to stray from the complex Marvel Universe...

I'm still baffled by the exclusion of the Spider logo on Venom in-game. without it, he looks like a black-suited Hulk with a big tongue.

Sidenote on the "free w/USM purchase" rule: The front cover says "Free*" (with asterisk), but there's not a single spot anywhere (I could find) on the packaging that footnoted the * with any kind of purchase requirement. I picked mine up the other day when I was buying a $5 game. Anyone ordering it online is getting ripped off, it's free in-store...kiss your hard-earned penny goodbye :lol:

[quote name='databuild']Bestbuy.com has the Ultimate Spider-man: Venom Revealed CD for 1cent and Free Shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat59300050004&id=1122655625219

[/QUOTE]

dont waste your time ordering they will cancell your order... I went all the way out to Appleglen just to be Bull shit about you have to buy the spiderman game to get this for a penny.. i ordered 3 ... They gave me 1 BUT CHARGED ME 99 bucks ... They said i had to sign to get the free game BUT if im charged 99 bucks there is going to be on Major lawsuit.... tomorrow im going to return every freaking game i got from Best buy over the last 2 months if they want to pull this crap on me the #$#$ best buy

Activision-Ultimate Spider-Man: Venom Revealed — The Making of a Villain-Other SKU: 7426449

Saw these in-store yesterday, just say FREE on them. Pretty sure you don't need to buy the game, they weren't even near it. I was too lazy to get one and go through checkout with it, so I passed.

[quote name='clariste']Saw these in-store yesterday, just say FREE on them. Pretty sure you don't need to buy the game, they weren't even near it. I was too lazy to get one and go through checkout with it, so I passed.[/QUOTE]

they said its right in the flyer you have to buy the game to get this for a penny... i called best buy back and they told me they will look into it BUT since its no longer on their site they will not honor and everyone orders will be cancelled

[quote name='slidecage']since its no longer on their site they will not honor and everyone orders will be cancelled[/QUOTE]

hilarious.

I got it free in store at Bestbuy. Every employee can't aware of every little promotion that goes on. It says "Free!" on the front and rings up as 0.00, so what's the harm? It's nothing to get excited about though. Just a short (but nice) piece on Venom as well as a few game trailers. Nice case though.

Didn't get an e-mail yet, but I checked the status online, and it was shipped out to me today via USPS. The order also shows as completed, so it looks like they honored it, or at least some of them.

I ordered 2, one for instore and one shipped. Instore is ready to pick up as for online it is backordered...hahahaha. Bestbuy you guys are so silly! Might see if I can grab a few more if they're on display.

Finally, a good story from BestBuy. I went their today to pick up my online order(I only did in store pickup) and the lady at the desk wouldn't give it to me for a penny and said the order would be cancelled. So anyway, I went to the videogame department and they had tons sitting on the shelf, so I grabbed 3 of them along with one of those Hulk comics you get for buying the game. I then went up to the register and this kid who couldn't care at all about his job rang me up. I asked how much the comic was and it comes up at $0.00, so hes like "ok this is free...cool". Then he rings the 3 Spiderman DVDs and those come up free too, so he puts them in a bag and gives me the receipt. Then as I'm leaving I'm mad that my online order would be cancelled and I go up to the desk and its a new guy there. I tell him what happened, he goes over to a desk and pulls out my order. He then completes the online order and instead of it being a penny, the receipt gives it to me for $0.00(I guess because in store was cheaper?).

Anyway, I now have 4 of the Spiderman DVDs, but I only needed 3(one for me and 2 for friends), so if there is anyone dying to have one of these DVDs and missed out on it let me know and I maybe can hook you up.

[quote name='Deadpool']My email says they are backordered?![/QUOTE]

I picked up three copies in-store today with no problem. Forget about your online order, and pick up a copy (or several) in-store. :D

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']I picked up three copies in-store today with no problem. Forget about your online order, and pick up a copy (or several) in-store. :D[/QUOTE]
If I can grab one free while I'm there today (probably gonna get DK2 and TMNT2) I'll get my coveted penny back when I cancel my online in-store pickup order.

The lovely bastards at Best Buy just informed me mine was canceled. No surprise, just pisses me off they took this long to do it.

bread's done
Back