[Gone!] Awesome 2-player joystick! 29.99 plus 5 shipping!

I'm thinking about it, but before I buy, has anybody ordered from woot before? Are they reliable? Also, if anybody who already has one of these could give a brief review, that would be great.

If I didn't have any arcade joysticks, I would be all over this but this isn't woot enough for this seasoned gamer.

Must have if you play Guilty Gear IShaqfu.

Wait a tick - can you play non-fighting games with it? Games like Ikaruga come to mind, although I'm not sure if the PS2 has something like that...

[quote name='abilyk']I'm thinking about it, but before I buy, has anybody ordered from woot before? Are they reliable? Also, if anybody who already has one of these could give a brief review, that would be great.[/QUOTE]

Woot is extremely reliable, ships fast and quick. My favorite site on the internet for quick and easy deals.

[quote name='ChWMeiNThG']Dont worry, save yourself the 35 bucks, those things are the worst joysticks i've ever used in my life.[/QUOTE]

For $35 though, you have a very easy to mod joystick case. From the picture, it looks like the PCB is connected to microswitches with quick disconnects, which means very very easy modding. All you have to do is get some happ's or sanwa parts....maybe do a bit of case routing to make sure the stick fits, and you've got an authentic arcade style stick. Of course arcade parts will run you an extra $40+ per person. Still, $35 is not a lot to pay to have a MDF housing and PCB with wiring already done for those who don't have a workshop to make their own.

[quote name='rokkon']For $35 though, you have a very easy to mod joystick case. From the picture, it looks like the PCB is connected to microswitches with quick disconnects, which means very very easy modding. All you have to do is get some happ's or sanwa parts....maybe do a bit of case routing to make sure the stick fits, and you've got an authentic arcade style stick. Of course arcade parts will run you an extra $40+ per person. Still, $35 is not a lot to pay to have a MDF housing and PCB with wiring already done for those who don't have a workshop to make their own.[/QUOTE]

I originally planned that out when I bought mine, then I got too lazy to do it. Either way, I'd rather just buy some wood and build my own. If that's too difficult, this would be an okay deal.

Just got this email from woot:

Dear peteloaf

Order XXXXXX

Our records show that you ordered the ArcadeMX Controller for Playstation on Sunday, October 2.
We purchased these from the manufacturer with the understanding that they were new goods. Upon
initial inspection we found some that had scratches on the acrylic tops and listed the items
with that disclaimer in the product description. Upon further inspection we believe that these
may actually be refurbished and not new. If you would like to cancel your order given this
information, you can reply to this message or email [email protected] with "Cancel ArcadeMX" and
your order number in the subject.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patronage.

Woot Service

Any thoughts???

bread's done
Back