JAPAN: XBOX JPN/US Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution 1980yen

thakingrocka

CAGiversary!
this game seemed to be in abundant supply in Messe Sanoh in Akihabara. this time, the game is the Japanese edition and it is available on the first floor which opens into the street. you'll see it on the left wall as you walk in.

this game has no region protection, and it seems to be capable of detecting what region your system is from. i was not given the option to select japanese win quotes or anything; it defaulted to english.

it is online capable and it is one fine cheapass game.

strangely, you cannot look at move lists for your characters in-game.

[quote name='thakingrocka']this game seemed to be in abundant supply in Messe Sanoh in Akihabara. this time, the game is the Japanese edition and it is available on the first floor which opens into the street. you'll see it on the left wall as you walk in.

this game has no region protection, and it seems to be capable of detecting what region your system is from. i was not given the option to select japanese win quotes or anything; it defaulted to english.

it is online capable and it is one fine cheapass game.

strangely, you cannot look at move lists for your characters in-game.[/QUOTE]

Couple things:

I think you're actually the only person who lives in Japan on this board so it unfortunately doesn't help too many people out.

Capcom Fighting Evolution isn't that great a game.

Thanks for trying though.

[quote name='Chacrana']Couple things:

I think you're actually the only person who lives in Japan on this board so it unfortunately doesn't help too many people out.

Capcom Fighting Evolution isn't that great a game.

Thanks for trying though.[/QUOTE]

"Thanks for trying though" has got to be the rudest statement someone could say under a nice pretense. Do you believe you are superior to the OP that you have the right to speak in such a condescending manner? A simple thanks would be sufficient. Don't get me wrong, I am not just referring to you. Many people on CAG make these comments and it rubs me the wrong way.

[quote name='greenbags125']"Thanks for trying though" has got to be the rudest statement someone could say under a nice pretense. Do you believe you are superior to the OP that you have the right to speak in such a condescending manner? A simple thanks would be sufficient. Don't get me wrong, I am not just referring to you. Many people on CAG make these comments and it rubs me the wrong way.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

There is a ample market for importing, though, so it isn't as if the OP's intent was to say "nyah nyah, I got this cheap and you can't!" They found a deal on a game and shared it with us. What's more, if it lacks region protection, you can play it. You don't have to, but you don't have to be such a fuckface about it if you don't get in on the deal either.

Lastly, the game's quality is moot. This is CAG, and there are no contingencies other than price. All but perhaps 3 titles in the TRU 90% sale were total and complete garbage, but people still flocked to it anyway.

OP, thanks; however, the title is $20 new at EB. While both are deals, buying it domestically is a better option when considering the cost of EMS (and having a game buying/shipping liason!).

Now, if you can find a deal on Final Fantasy Advent Pieces (the Advent Children LE box), then you'll become a superhero around these parts. ;)

Hey OP thanks alot, I dont live in Japan but I appreciate the post. Id actually like to find out how much that is in american dollars.

[quote name='Kuma']Hey OP thanks alot, I dont live in Japan but I appreciate the post. Id actually like to find out how much that is in american dollars.[/QUOTE]

$17.45

thanks for the positivity here fellas. i appreciate it. i'm sure there are some other cheapass gamers living out here in japan looking for deals, so i post what i find.

btw, i certainly would not expect anyone to import this. perhaps if i find something of interest to importers, i'll put import in the title, but i hesitate to do so because i don't know what the shipping would run.

Maybe since Cheapy is moving to Japan, he can create a page for deals in Japan. It kind of seems silly to see them on the main deal page. I think it's a good idea to post them, because a deal anywhere in the world could be useful to someone. But this deal is just about as useful as me saying that a local mom & pop shop in Columbus has a PS2 game on sale.

Maybe there should be a International & Local deals page that only contains non-US deals and possibly deals that are so specific to cities or regions that they don't really belong on the main deal page.

honestly, shipwreck, if the deal does not pertain to you or interest you, you skip it. i do it all the time. people post deals for chains that are not quite as national as you might think. though i've seen tons of fry's deals, i have never once seen a fry's. i don't often buy games online, so the fry's/outpost connection means little or nothing to me. should people post those deals separately?

people often post deals for games i don't want to buy. should they post those deals separately?

while i somewhat agree that a separate page for international deals could be a good idea, i just want to ask that you consider things from a different angle for a moment. i would prefer to look at one page and filter out that which does not pertain to me than to have to visit two different forum pages. some people travel between countries, some people import (whether it be into america or into japan). don't imagine that your preferences and shopping habits apply to everyone else.

oh, and btw, i think you should most definitely post the deals at mom & pop shops. there may be someone nearby who can benefit from it. if you put the location in the title, those who live nearby will click it.

[quote name='shipwreck']Maybe since Cheapy is moving to Japan, he can create a page for deals in Japan. It kind of seems silly to see them on the main deal page. I think it's a good idea to post them, because a deal anywhere in the world could be useful to someone. But this deal is just about as useful as me saying that a local mom & pop shop in Columbus has a PS2 game on sale.

Maybe there should be a International & Local deals page that only contains non-US deals and possibly deals that are so specific to cities or regions that they don't really belong on the main deal page.[/QUOTE]
Its useful for importing purposes. A price drop over there would be a good indicator to check out importing sites for deals on it, or to import it yourself if you wanted it. OP put Japan in the title, which is a pretty good indicator of where this deal is.

One of the things I've wanted to see on CAG for a while is deals in Japan.

[quote name='dafoomie']One of the things I've wanted to see on CAG for a while is deals in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Quite true, especially since a lot of price drops in Akihabara eventually find their way over to NCSX and Play-Asia a few months later, at least on particular games and items. That and it helps some of us with other Japanese contacts and friends nab us some deals!

Now, if only I could get more imported Saturn deals, but everyone wrapped up their studies abroad for now. Nuts.

Considering how much games and media in Japan costs (compared to the USA) that is a great deal for those in living there.

[quote name='thakingrocka']honestly, shipwreck, if the deal does not pertain to you or interest you, you skip it. i do it all the time. people post deals for chains that are not quite as national as you might think. though i've seen tons of fry's deals, i have never once seen a fry's. i don't often buy games online, so the fry's/outpost connection means little or nothing to me. should people post those deals separately?

people often post deals for games i don't want to buy. should they post those deals separately?

while i somewhat agree that a separate page for international deals could be a good idea, i just want to ask that you consider things from a different angle for a moment. i would prefer to look at one page and filter out that which does not pertain to me than to have to visit two different forum pages. some people travel between countries, some people import (whether it be into america or into japan). don't imagine that your preferences and shopping habits apply to everyone else.

oh, and btw, i think you should most definitely post the deals at mom & pop shops. there may be someone nearby who can benefit from it. if you put the location in the title, those who live nearby will click it.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I was just trying to make it better for everyone here by suggesting a separate page for international deals. I know that my preferences and shopping habits don't apply to everyone else here, but I'd say they probably apply to 95% of the people on this site, because by nature CAG is predominantly a site about deals in the United States.

I'm just trying to suggest a streamlined process before we get a whole page full of deals from international brick & mortar sales or local mom & pop shops that don't apply to 99% of the userbase here. I realize that this may require an extra check of the main deal page for our foreign CAG's, but it makes the main deal page less cluttered for the majority of the userbase.

It's all about setting precedence, and I just don't want to see the main deals page turn into deals that can only be had in France or Frankfort, Kentucky.

shipwreck is right it would definitely be nice to have an import section here on the site. now wheres cheapy......

for those who find this post of interest-
i'm glad you found it worth your while.

for those who post only to say the game is no good-
eat a fat one.

for those who want foreign deals in a separate board-
though i don't imagine there are enough foreign/import deals posted to warrant a separate page, i'll support whatever the people want.

i am willing to help get the ball rolling on a separate board even though i think a lot of people would just end up missing out on info that, while not necessarily directly or immediately beneficial, would be of interest to them.

I think a separate board for import deals wouldn't be a bad idea. There are at least five or six people I've seen now from Japan who posts on here. I bet if there was a import board, it would help get some of the other people from Japan to post, or even get new users from Japan to sign up for CAG. It may sound dumb to most, but I'd be willing to bet all my CAG bucks that it would work.

Also, I got your PM thakingrocka, any chance you'd be able to find King of Colosseum 2 or Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for me? If you can, and could give me a price, that would be awesome.

I am one of the few who is highly interested in deals on Japanese versions of games and products; however, I am in the US so I need someone to get the items for me.

I don't think an international section would help or change matters much. Having "JAPAN" in the title makes things clear; somehow, I imagine an international section of awesome deals followed by posts of illiterate CAGers who can't seem to find an awesome deal on a copy of "Tatakae! Baka dayo!" for the Nintendo iQue at their Circuit City in Dipshit, North Dakota.

i'll go with the flow. whatever's good.

jericho,
i put the info in your thread. i PMed you to say to check your thread when i realized i should have PMed the info, but i'll just make the mistake again and redirect you from here because i'm an idiot.

[quote name='thakingrocka']i'll go with the flow. whatever's good.

jericho,
i put the info in your thread. i PMed you to say to check your thread when i realized i should have PMed the info, but i'll just make the mistake again and redirect you from here because i'm an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Ok I was confused, I thought you ment this thread :)

bread's done
Back