Meat on Sale (Omaha Steaks)

[quote name='shipwreck']Those poor, poor cows.

Sucks that shipping is $9.99.[/QUOTE]

yeah, well they do give you all that free stuff and they do have to ship it at least cold if not frozen.

Granted, they give you all this free stuff, but at what cost?

Omaha doesn't even have the word USDA anywhere on their site regarding the quality of the beef.

Support your local butcher.

Has anyone ordered from them to know how fast their shipping is? I would love to have them by Thursday with standard shipping? I know it says 7-10 days, but I was able to order from Walmart.com from Iraq and get packages in 10 days, I would think it would get here a lot quicker.

3cows.jpg

amazon has the same 6 5oz top siroilns but wrapped in bacon for the same price 30 bucks, but just doesnt include the 3 free gifts. It;s a question of what you want 3 free gifts or bacon. Wish I knew acme, shoprite, superfresh prices to compare right now.

If you have an Omaha store close to you, they will PM. Which saves on shipping. I'd wait though, this deal isn't nearly as good as the All-American combo deal they do twice a year.

[quote name='Dingleberry']I'd be weirded out getting meat in tha mail.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I have order some crazy things on the net before but raw meat. I agree with someone early support your local butcher. We had this great butcher in my town and then he retired but the man had some of the best beef. He would cut steaks 6 inches thick if you wanted.

My next door neighbor orders 6 sirloins for us every Christmas. This is a great deal! She spends $67.00 after shipping. The best steaks you will EVER eat. I guess it all depends on how you cook though. True, the shipping is a bit much for us CAGs, but shipping in dry ice is expensive. This is the steak that most steak houses use, and you aren't paying $40+ for it. If you have freinds that like steak, get a big order in. I may have to buy one...

The only perk with living in Iowa is that the steaks I buy @ the local grocery store (or butcher) is better then the overpriced Omaha Steaks :booty:

Thanks for the recommendation but I really like steaks from Kroger. I have never bought a ribeye that was better than one from Kroger. I really like filets but it is hard to get one big enough to suit me.

Mmm food...

[quote name='tayaf69'] This is the steak that most steak houses use, and you aren't paying $40+ for it.[/QUOTE]

Since when have most steak houses started serving non-USDA beef that was flash frozen? Oh that's right. They haven't.

These steaks are mediocre at best.

"The brand most people turn to when ordering steak through the mail -- omaha -- took the last two spots in our tasting. The omaha strip steak had "off flavors" and was described as "grainy tasting," while the omaha Private Reserve (at almost twice the price; see chart) finished last, with tasters finding it "a little chewy,"and "very dry."

America's Test Kitchen

bread's done
Back